Not sure where to start? Here are some of our favourite tips on what to consider before booking an event space in London:
- Location – Consider which area of London will work best for your event. Will your guests be travelling far? If so, it may be best to look for event venues in London with a choice of hotels nearby or perhaps even within a hotel.
- Type of venue – Are you looking for an artsy, relaxed space to enjoy the company of friends in, or a more formal venue to entertain guests in? Figuring out what kind of venue you’re after can help steer your search in the right direction and can even help you decide which area of London to focus on.
- Number of guests – Finalising your guest list is a great place to start! Knowing how many guests are coming will allow you to efficiently set your search requirements to spaces that are of a suitable size.
There’s something for every budget, with prices for London event venue hire ranging depending on when, where and what type of venue you choose.
- One pricing method is by minimum spend, which can be a useful way of avoiding paying out a lot of money yourself. You’ll just need to ensure that you and your guests will spend a set amount on food and drink whilst you’re there. Event venues in London often ask for minimum spends of a few thousand but there are also venues that require more or less than that. In fact, you can find venues with minimum spends starting at as low as £100!
- For venues that charge a set hire fee, you can expect to pay anywhere from the low hundreds to several thousand, with the majority of venues falling somewhere in the mid-high end of the range.
- Other venues offer per person packages, which usually include a certain amount of food and drink for each guest. For event spaces in London, per person packages range from as low as £20 up to £120 and above, but typical prices are around £40-£60 per person.
Wondering where in London’s best for your event? Below are some of the hot spots!
- South East London – If you’re looking for a quirky or industrial event space, you’ll be sure to find it in the south-east of the city. In the increasingly popular areas of Southwark and Peckham, you’ll find a great choice of interesting venues, from eccentric bars to converted multi-story car parks. This cultural oasis is currently seeing an era of regeneration, resulting in the perfect combination of cheap prices and trendy places!
- Covent Garden – When it comes to central London event spaces, there’s nowhere better to look than Covent Garden. This charming area boasts great transport links and the lively hustle and bustle of shoppers and theatregoers. Most importantly, it’s home to many restaurants that offer great event spaces, as well as a handful of larger venues that are perfect for parties!