Most popular venues in Sydney
Global brands and 200,000 users trust Tagvenue
Most popular event spaces in Sydney
Explore business event venues for hire in Sydney
Sydney’s best venues for formal functions, conferences, networking and all your business needs.
Hire the best party venues Sydney has to offer
From beach bars to iconic nightclubs – find the perfect Sydney venue for your celebration and let the good times roll.
Book unique wedding venues in Sydney for any budget
Sydney’s best spaces to tie the knot and to celebrate the big day the right way.
Browse through the best production venues in Sydney
Take your production to the next level in these professionally set up studios
Discover top event spaces across Australia
Planning an event in the near future but not sure where to start?
Check our tips and ideas!
Organising a corporate event can be stressful, especially if you’re new to event planning. We're here to help with some of our favourite tips!
Throwing a bachelorette party for the bride-to-be and need some inspiration? Don't miss out on our list of ideas and activities that will make your party one for the books!
Celebrating another year around the sun and want to do something extra? Choose from our list of creative birthday ideas and throw an extraordinary party!
Here's a list of cheap birthday ideas that will make you look like a rock star on your special day without putting too much stress on your budget.
If you're trying to master shooting in natural light, this guide will help you navigate all lighting scenarios and get the best shots.
Want to get the most our of your next team meeting? We have some ideas to shake it up and increase your team's engagement and productivity.
Looking for new ideas on how to throw a successful fundraising event? Read our article, get inspired, and then watch those donations roll in!
Throwing a surprise birthday party is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work. How do you keep it a secret? Read our blog post and learn our top tricks.
You only turn 30 once. Why not celebrate the milestone with a photo shoot? Check our top ideas and feel like a star on your birthday!
Are you planning your first photo shoot and feeling a little anxious? Here's everything you need to know to make your work a smooth process.
The planning process is exciting and fun, but can get overwhelming at times. We know, we've been there. Check out this guide and plan the next birthday party like a pro!
Meetings don't have to be boring! Find top tips for holding effective meetings, why you should keep having them, and some insight from thought leaders in the industry.
Getting ready to shoot in a studio for the first time? Look through our photography tips for beginners and take your passion from being just a hobby to being a profession.
Why not celebrate the next milestone with something different? We come to you with 10 unusual ideas for a birthday photo shoot for adults. Strike a pose and have fun!
Ready to generate buzz around your product? Find out what to do before you launch your product, discover creative product launch event ideas and learn what mistakes to avoid.
Our guide to Sydney venue hire
From the thriving CBD all the way up to the Northern Beaches, Sydney has it all, no matter if you’re keen on serious business or laid-back beach vibes! There’s always something happening in Australia’s largest city, so it’s no surprise Sydney is a large hub for event venue hire. The variety of spaces to choose from is tremendous. Are you looking for a conference room with a view on Sydney Harbour, a converted warehouse in Alexandria, a rooftop bar in Potts Point, a lavish garden for a wedding reception or maybe something absolutely unique? At Tagvenue, Australia’s free venue finder, we’re listing all kinds of Sydney venues for hire. We’ve gathered the best event spaces all in one place so you don’t need to spend hours searching for them yourself! With Tagvenue, finding and booking the perfect venue for your next event in Sydney is fast and stress-free. Why not give us a try and see for yourself?
We’ve been there before and we’re more than happy to give you a helping hand. Have a look at our list of key considerations before choosing an event venue in Sydney:
- First things first: set up your budget – Having a budget in mind helps you decide on all other aspects of your event, e.g. the number of guests, how much you can spend per person and what event services you’ll be able to afford. Starting all the planning with a set budget makes it much easier to keep everything in balance. And even if you’re short on funds, don’t worry – we’re listing Sydney’s event venues in all price ranges, so you can find something beautiful that won’t break the bank.
- As a second step, create your guest list – How many guests are you expecting? If you’ve gathered a list of names, we’ve got a handy tip for you: keep in mind that around 10-15% typically don’t actually end up attending. You can maximise the attendance rate by sending the invitations as early as possible, to give your guests plenty of advance notice! Estimating the number of attendees in the early stages of planning is important, as this helps you choose the right-sized space. Our collection contains Sydney venues in all shapes and sizes so no matter if you’re organising an event for 20, 200 or 2000 people, with Tagvenue you’re sure to find a Sydney venue that fits just right!
- Plan with accessibility in mind – Most locations in Greater Sydney are well connected with the city centre via public transport links. Don’t forget to check the venue’s nearest train, bus and ferry stations. The city’s main aviation hub, Sydney Airport, is located in the Southern Suburbs. It’s just a few kilometres away from Sydney CBD, which makes it easily accessible both by car and by train. If the majority of your attendees will be travelling by car, check that there are enough parking spaces nearby. Last but not least, if you’re expecting guests with limited mobility, make sure the Sydney event venue of your choice is able to cater to their needs.
- Choose Sydney’s district that will suit the mood of your event – linThe harbourside glamour of Woolloomooloo, the diversity of Redfern, the hipster hangouts of Newtown or the super chill yet trendy vibes of Bondi Beach – no matter what kind of ambience you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Sydney. We’re listing diverse event spaces all over the city, so there’s something to suit all tastes!
- Check whether the venue of your choice has any vendor restrictions – For example, some Sydney venues only agree to use in-house catering and event services, some work only with approved caterers and event professionals only, and some are happy for you to BYOB. It’s better to avoid surprises – in this case, communication is key!
- Note down all that you’re going to need – Flipcharts, TV screens, microphones… Write them all down so you don’t forget! With our smart search filters, you can easily find Sydney venues that offer the items you’re going to need on the day of your event. Sorting it out has never been so easy!
The prices of event venues in Sydney depend on numerous factors, so there’s no single answer to this big question. Don’t stress it though, we’re here to make it clear. We’ve used our experience and event venue hire data to create this guide to venue hire prices in Sydney:
- We’re happy to start with letting you know that free venue hire in Sydney is totally possible! Many Sydney venues (especially pubs, bars and restaurants) work on the minimum spend basis. With this, you spend nothing to hire the venue itself, you simply need to spend a certain amount on food and/or drinks instead. Sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn’t it? Minimum spend rates for event venues in Sydney start at as little as $500 for smaller spaces further away from the city centre. If you’re looking for really great deals, your best bet is to focus on either the western or eastern suburbs of Sydney – there are heaps of hidden gems out there! A typical minimum spend for a medium-sized party in Sydney ranges between $1500 and $3000.
- The hire fees for event venues in Sydney may range greatly, depending on the size, location, event date and many other factors. If you’re keen on a small blank canvas space in the suburbs, the hire fee is likely to be around $400-$700 per day. In case of larger venues in more sought-after areas of Sydney, the prices can go up to several thousand. Looking for your ideal wedding venue in Sydney or somewhere else in New South Wales? Many locations offer special wedding package deals, and going for one can help you save a bundle. A typical Sydney wedding package covers the food and drinks menu, venue hire costs and sometimes other wedding suppliers, too. When it comes to the prices, less than $100 per person is usually considered quite affordable for Sydney. You may expect to find different offers with prices ranging between $50 and $150 per guest.
- If you’re organising a meeting or another kind of a corporate event, the daily delegate rate pricing option might be the best pick for you. These packages usually cover the costs of using the space, as well as the catering and all the equipment you’re going to need during your event. The prices in Sydney range from $50 up to $100 per attendee.
Want to dig even deeper? Have a look at these frequently asked questions:
I’m looking for an event venue in Sydney, but my budget is quite limited. Any tips for cheap venue hire in Sydney?
You’re in the right place. We’re happy to share some of our best tips on affordable venue hire in Sydney:
- Have several different dates in mind – What’s more, many popular Sydney spaces book out well in advance, so it’s better to be flexible. Another good tip is to start looking for your venue as soon as you know that you’re going to host an event. This approach increases your chances of booking the ideal Sydney venue and not overpaying for it.
- Go off-peak – Did you know that wedding venue hire prices can be up to 50% lower if you book outside the high season? This applies to other event types too – many Sydney venues have much more affordable rates on weekdays.
- Step off the beaten track – Sydney boasts heaps of up-and-coming neighbourhoods, where the venue hire prices are lower and the vibes exciting. What’s not to love? Our particular favourites include Waterloo, Kenmore and Marrickville
I’ve always wanted to have a private party with a view of the Sydney Opera House. Where can I find a venue to make my dream come true?
You can choose between Dawes Point, a picturesque area located right under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, historical venues of The Rocks and vibrant bars near Circular Quay. Or why not cross the bridge and go for a North Sydney venue facing the famous Opera House? There’s plenty of opportunities, and we’re happy to help you book one that’s perfect for your needs.
What are the most popular event venue types in Sydney?
It’s practically always sunny in Sydney, so outdoor venues of all kinds are in huge demand. The city is packed full of rooftop terraces, party boats, gardens, and waterfront venues of all kinds. Sydneysiders know how to party, too! No matter if it’s a hens night, a bucks party or a 30th birthday, in Sydney you’re sure to find an awesome pub, bar, nightclub or a dining room available for hire.
Discover spaces for hire near you
Popular spaces for events of all types in Sydney
Make a toast and celebrate in style
The best spots in Sydney to celebrate in style
Sydney’s best halls available for your next event
Party the night away in Sydney's best nightclubs
Let your creative juices flow in these superb spaces
Feel the festive spirit... in July!