Inexpensive doesn’t have to mean tacky. We are focused on finding London’s best-priced wedding venues that will offer the best value for your money. Usually, venue hire is a major part of a wedding budget, so if you get a great deal, you’ll be able to rein in your spending. The key is to think outside the box, and Tagvenue is here to give you a helping hand with that.
Top tips and tricks for hiring an affordable wedding venue in London:
- Look off the beaten path – Some areas in London are in greater demand than others when it comes to wedding reception venues. Try searching for a cheap and cheerful minimum spend or dry hire wedding venues (this is a great option if your wedding doesn’t require much catering or you’ve got a cheap catering deal elsewhere) in one of London’s less popular areas. What’s more, choosing a wedding venue in a less busy location will be easier to get to on the day.
- Look for a place with a BYO policy – You can enjoy huge savings on beverages alone by hiring a BYO wedding venue. Most low-cost weddings allow you to bring your own alcohol. However, make sure to check if they charge a corkage fee so you can factor it into your budget or look for no corkage fee venues!
- Hire the venue off-season – Wedding venue hire rates in London are much lower during the winter months. If you’re still not convinced, see our winter wedding venues for inspiration. And another good tip? Weddings on Saturdays are less affordable than on other days of the week, when the prices can be up to 50% lower.
- Hire a small wedding venue – Cheap wedding venue hire is definitely achievable if you’re hosting an intimate wedding for close family and friends. Think charming chapels, pretty gardens and cosy private dining rooms.
- Think community halls – Get hitched in one of London’s local community halls. Comprised of large and small rooms, these venues are available for a nominal fee. Great for lower priced do-it-yourself weddings, all you have to do is hire a caterer, draw up a menu and set the scene for fantastic banquets or standing receptions.
- Organise a pub wedding - pub wedding venues offer a relaxed setting, traditional food and cheaper hire prices than other types of venues.
- Choose a warehouse venue – One of our favourite low cost wedding reception venues in London. They’re affordable to hire and they have lots of industrial chic, which is perfect for a modern city wedding. For your big night, you can easily turn them into a fairy tale, as they’re perfect for decorating with romantic twinkling lights.
- Think art galleries – Ideal for creative types! A lot of art galleries are located in hip areas, like Camden Town or Shoreditch. This proves that budget wedding venues in central London actually exist – you just need to know where to look for them. At Tagvenue we’re experts when it comes to cheap wedding venues in London and we’re more than happy to help you.
London weddings are expensive, but that doesn’t mean you have to toss your budget out the window or take on massive debt. When it comes to wedding planning, there are a host of clever ways to cut costs and still have the day of your dreams.
Tips on how to organise a wedding on a tight budget:
- Save on venue hire by having a morning or mid-week wedding, or by booking an off-season date.
- Request prices from a number of venues to create a shortlist and don’t fall in love with a place you simply cannot afford.
- Have both the wedding ceremony and reception at the same location (it will cut travel time for any suppliers you pay by the hour and reduce transportation costs). If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, save on seating rental by having a standing ceremony.
- Go DIY (make your own stationery, menu cards, decorations, photo booth, favours, cake, etc.).
- Seat guests at bigger tables so you need fewer centrepieces and tablecloths.
- Buy flowers that are in season, stick to one or two types of flowers and/or use more greenery than flowers.
- Offer beer, wine and a signature cocktail, rather than a full bar.
- Try to negotiate a lower price for children’s meals with your caterer or opt for on-trend finger food or a buffet.
- Order a small one or two-tiered wedding cake and supplement it with a larger sheet cake (that you’ve got tucked away in the kitchen).
- Reuse ceremony flowers for the cake table.
- Hire a band or a DJ who can play at both the ceremony and the reception.
- Research budget weddings online (and make sure to check out these creative wedding tips).
Wedding Venues in London FAQ
What are the starting prices for wedding venues in London?
The average cost of a wedding venue in London is £3850 per session (based on Tagvenue.com platform data). However, prices can start as low as £20 hire per hour or £25 package per person.
How to save on wedding venue hire?
To secure a cheap wedding venue employ a few key strategies such as choosing less popular dates and avoiding weekends and look for venues off the beaten track; unconventional spaces, studios, sports halls or cafes. You can even commit to a blank canvas space and be prepared to handle the decoration on your own.
How far ahead of the day must I book a wedding venue in London?
Wedding venues are booked, on average, 8 months in advance (based on Tagvenue.com platform data). Taking care of this booking early is best and will ensure that you secure both the venue and the date that suits you best.
Why book a wedding venue with Tagvenue?
Tagvenue has over 1800 London wedding venues listed on the platform. Our platform lets you compare different venues, their photos, prices, customer reviews and contact venue managers from the comfort of your home.
How can I hire an affordable wedding venue in London?
- Check out the Tagvenue platform for a range of wedding venues all throughout the city.
- Narrow down your search results by specifying the number of expected guests, the wedding date, the desired location and the maximum budget.
- In case a wedding venue with special features is needed use additional filters to see only spaces with a wedding licence, onsite catering, BYO alcohol allowed, extensive vegan menu, own music/DJ equipment, onsite parking and accommodation, and more.
- Compare venue prices, photos, customer reviews and create a shortlist of favourite spaces.
- Contact the venue managers to organise space viewing.
- Finalise the booking online.