Home to the O2 arena, Borough Market, London Bridge Station and Greenwich Park, the boroughs of Southwark and Greenwich buzz with tourists, students and London’s professionals. For more clam and open greenery, the boroughs of Bexley, Bromley and Lewisham are still close to central transport links but away from the bustle of central London.
Not sure which area would work best for your event? Here are some of the most popular locations for venue hire in South East London:
- Southwark – Connected with London’s most iconic bridges, Southwark is an easy-to-reach part of the city with an abundance of landmarks. The area is host to a number of amazing multi-purpose venues, many of which boast stunning views of the London skyline. Southwark Street and Borough High Street are popular for a wide range of events, including exhibits, private parties, corporate launches, workshops and conferences.
- Greenwich – This famous South East London borough is known for its maritime history. With beautiful garden settings and riverside venues looking onto the Thames and Greenwich Park, this location is especially popular for outdoor functions during the warmer months. North Greenwich has some fantastic bars and meeting rooms for entertaining clients, hosting Christmas functions or private parties. For large-scale events, check out the venues between Greenwich Station and Maze Station. Here you’ll find grand ballrooms and a range of dry hire venues, which work well for weddings and corporate dinners. There are also several small venue options to host an intimate dinner party.
Here are some of the most popular kinds of venues found in South East London:
- Dry hire venues – If you have a clear vision of what you want for your event, as well as the resources to do everything yourself, dry hire is what you're after. This means you’re only hiring an empty space and arranging all other aspects of the event on your own. A dry hire venue is an excellent option for an exhibition, a product launch, fashion show, cocktail party or a workshop.
- Private function rooms – A fantastic option for hosting meetings away from the office, entertaining clients or team building events. South East London offers a wide variety, including meeting rooms, VIP lounges, bars and even multi-purpose rooms to create your own layout. You'll find some of the best ones in Greenwich and Croydon.
- Minimum spend venues – If you’re looking for a cheap party space in South East London, a minimum spend venue will make the perfect match. These will usually charge a set rate which you and your guests need to spend in order to use the space at no extra cost. Popular minimum spend venues in this part of the city include restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs.