Baby Shower Venues Hire Guide
Congratulations to the expectant parents! Their life will definitely turn upside down once their bundle of joy enters the world. So how about making the last days of pregnancy sweeter and hosting a baby shower to remember? Invite family and friends to celebrate with a blast and share the joy of the imminently expected new arrival! Sydney definitely delivers a range of prime venue options that you can pick for your get-together: from soulful restaurants and vibrant cafes to upscale rooftop venues, romantic gardens and picturesque patios, and so many more! And what’s even more exciting? You can find all those spots on Tagvenue! So get the ball rolling and start browsing for the ideal venue now. You’ll be spoiled with options.
How to organise a baby shower in Sydney?
Organising a baby shower in Sydney but not sure where to start? We’re happy to help you out! Check out our handy guide and you’ll be turning into a pro baby shower planner in a matter of minutes.
- Start with a budget – The first thing you need to do is set a budget. Trust us, once you know how much you can spend on venue rental, everything will become much easier! You’ll be able to choose venues that fit your price range and avoid ones that could cause you to overspend. While establishing your budget, don’t forget to consider things like catering, decorations and entertainment.
- Draw up a guestlist - How many people would you like to invite? For baby showers, it’s common to include only close friends and relatives. However, it’s always best to consult the final guest list with the mom-to-be. That way, you’ll ensure that she will celebrate with everyone who’s dear to her heart.
- Save the date - Some moms love showers in the early to mid-third trimester; other moms prefer having it much earlier, in the middle of their second trimester. A lot depends on their overall well-being. So when choosing the date, make sure to have the mom-to-be’s input on her preferred date. After all, you want her to make only the best memories and it would be hard to do that when she isn’t feeling her best!
- Pick a theme – High tea party, Noah’s Ark, all pink or all blue? Pick something that you know the mom-to-be will enjoy the most. Personal themes that revolve around the celebrant’s personality or hobbies will add a unique touch to the event, and make it more memorable. If you haven’t got any ideas, don’t be afraid to ask the mom-to-be about how they envision their special celebration. Even her favourite colour-scheme or food will make her happy and excited. When you find the perfect baby shower theme, you’ll get the idea what type of venue –a restaurant, a cafe, or a garden– will offer the perfect backdrop. As a result, the whole venue-search will be much quicker!
- Choose the catering option – Are you planning to organise a potluck baby shower, want to work with an external caterer or go for the in-house team? No matter which option you’re keen on, make sure it’s compliant with the venue’s policy. Consult this matter with the venue manager at the beginning stage of your enquiry. That way, you can quickly decide if the venue is a match.
- Consider the most convenient location - Another important detail to consider is the location. How easy will it be for the guests to reach the venue? Think about how accessible it will be for everyone you're inviting and, most importantly, the guest of honour. She shouldn’t spend too long commuting there. Otherwise, she may feel tired before the party event starts! To find the perfect location, try to find one that offers parking and is close to public transit links.
- Consider serving some sweet treats - Having a baby shower dessert table is a fun way to add a finishing touch to the celebrations and make them even sweeter. Think of serving cupcakes, mini desserts and candies that will match the party theme and ambience. And how about serving a custom baby shower cake? Sydney has an array of great bakeries where you can order a custom-made cake. You can also make one yourself!
- Think of party favours - Although the main idea of baby showers is to shower the future mom and her bundle of joy with presents, it is always a nice gesture to offer the guests some small gifts as thanks for showing up. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate, even a small bag with sweets, a magnet or a scented candle will do! Your guests will appreciate the gesture and definitely mark the event as memorable.
Have you made some notes? If so, now you’re ready to host the perfect baby shower! Take some time to plan everything, and then, hop on Tagvenue to pick an ideal space that will match your needs and budget.
FAQs about Baby Shower Venues in Sydney
How much does it cost to organise a baby shower in Sydney?
Most baby shower venues in Sydney work on a minimum-spend basis, which means you need to spend a certain amount on food and drinks. The usual minimum spend rates start from $1000 and may vary depending on the size, location and the facilities of the baby shower venue of your choice. (All data from Tagvenue.com.)
What are the most popular locations to host a baby shower in Sydney?
- Parramatta – With its historical architecture and vibrant cafes, bars, and restaurants on Church Street, the Sydney suburb of Parramatta offers trendy old world charm at its best. Here’s where you get the best of both worlds!
- Eastern Suburbs – Bordered by the Sydney Harbour (just think about these amazing views!), the city’s eastern suburbs offer a wide range of beautiful venues available for private events of all kinds, including baby showers.
What are the most popular ideas for baby showers in Sydney?
How about hosting a high tea baby shower? Think vintage china, dainty finger sandwiches and freshly baked scones, all topped off with charming interiors or even better, a view of the Sydney Harbour. It’s one of the best ways to celebrate a baby shower in style – Sydneysiders love a good tea party, after all! Another popular idea is to host a baby shower lunch. If that’s your cup of tea (if you’ll pardon the pun), we’re happy to point you in the right direction.
What else should I keep in mind while organising a baby shower in Sydney?
As obvious as it may sound, good planning is key. Using a party planning checklist will make the entire process hassle-free and much less stressful. This party planning checklist from our blog is sure to come in handy when planning a baby shower in Sydney!