Don’t know where to begin? Don’t stress it – we’re happy to share our experience and expert knowledge with you. When it comes to meeting room hire in Sydney, it’s good to keep the following things in mind:
- The location – Are you keen on something central, right in the heart of Sydney, or rather something a bit off the beaten track? Whatever it is, make sure your attendees will have no trouble getting there. Don’t forget to check all the nearest public transport links (both the metropolitan trains and the buses), as well as parking spaces.
- The facilities – Audiovisual equipment, flipcharts, sticky notes, whiteboards – what are you going to need? Most meeting rooms in Sydney have all the basic meeting facilities available on-site, but it’s always better to confirm this with the venue manager.
- Break times – If you’re planning a meeting that’s going to last for several hours, it’s a good idea to book a meeting venue that has breakout spaces, so you and your attendees have a place to catch a breath between sessions.
- The catering – So you’ve scheduled the breaks accordingly – that’s great, but don’t forget a man’s gotta eat, after all! If your meeting is rather short, a handful of snacks (fresh fruit are a great idea) will do just fine, and if it’s going to last for several hours, remember to provide lunch for your guests. No matter the length of the gathering, always make sure your attendees stay hydrated and have plenty of water on-site.
- The double-check – Take a moment to go through all your memos and notes once again. Arrive at the venue before the event takes place, check if all the devices are working properly and make sure you’ve got all the facilities you need. Better safe than sorry!
How much does it actually cost to hire a meeting room in Sydney? We’re here to make it clear.
- A large part of meeting rooms available for hire in Sydney are priced with a hire fee, which only covers the cost of using the space for a particular period of time (it might be an hour, a longer session, or the entire day) The hire fees start from $250 per session or day for a room in the suburbs, but if you’re on the lookout for a room in Sydney CBD, be prepared to spend between $500 and $800 per session or day (while bigger spaces in the city centre might be a bit more expensive).
- Another approach is to find a venue with a minimum spend policy, which means all you need to do is spend a set amount on refreshments. The usual rates range between $400 and $1500, depending on the size, location and the catering offer at the meeting venue of your choice.
- Last but not least, many meeting rooms in Sydney offer special meeting package deals, which include the venue hire cost and basic meeting facilities. The prices start at as little as $80 per person!
Need to hire a meeting room in Sydney, but not sure which area will suit your needs best? Don’t stress it – here’s a handy guide to the most popular districts for business meetings:
- Central Business District – The commercial heart of Sydney, Central Business Districts is by far the most popular place for Australian professionals to meet up. Here’s where some of the country’s tallest skyscrapers meet historic architecture – no matter what style of a meeting room you’re keen on, you’re sure to find it in the CBD. And the cherry on top? It’s easily accessible via the Central railway station and Sydney’s public transport links.
- Sydney airport – If you’re expecting attendees coming from overseas, this is your best bet. Sydney airport is the busiest in Australia, especially when it comes to business travel. There are plenty of meeting facilities nearby, and we’re happy to help you find the perfect one for your requirements. Many of the spaces available for hire are hotel meeting rooms, which means you’ll get the accommodation sorted on-site, too.
- North Sydney – Although located slightly further from the city centre, North Sydney remains an important meeting hub. It’s home to another crucial commercial district with heaps of office buildings, many of which offer some really great meeting rooms for hire!
Frequently asked questions:
I’m looking for the cheapest option out there for my meeting in Sydney. Can you help me with this?
If you are on a tight budget, the best thing to do is to pick a space with a minimum spend. This way you’re not paying a single dollar for hiring the meeting room, you’re just obligated to spend a certain amount on the refreshments only. Sounds like a fair deal, doesn’t it?
Any ideas for truly unique spaces for meetings in Sydney?
Sure! Why not take advantage of the city’s amazing gem, the Sydney Harbour, and hire a waterfront room with a stunning view? It’s 100% sure to leave a lasting impression! Looking for space with top-notch design? No problem – Sydney boasts a wide range of boutique meeting rooms for hire, and we’re listing the very best ones here on our venue hire platform.
I need to arrange lunch for the attendees, can I use an external catering service?
This depends on your meeting venue’s policy. Some meeting rooms work with approved caterers only, or insist on using their in-house services. In this case, it’s always better to ask the manager.