We know that organising a birthday party to remember is no mean feat. Apart from simply listing all the best venues for birthdays in Sydney in one place, we’re also happy to share some savvy party planning tips and ideas with you. Check them out below.
- Start by writing down your guest list – Are you going to invite 15 or 150 people? Deciding on the size of your birthday party is the best starting point. Doing this early on will help you to establish your budget and makes further planning much easier.
- Use a party planning checklist – We know that organising a birthday party can be daunting, so it’s better to write it all down to make sure you don’t forget anything important. Don’t stress! – you can use our ultimate party planning checklist.
- Have a contingency plan for an outdoor party – As good as Sydney weather gets, it’s always better to have an indoor plan B if you’re throwing an outdoor birthday party. Better safe than sorry!
- Check the venue’s food and drinks policy – Does the venue of your choice allow BYO alcohol or external catering? It’s always better to ask about this in advance allowing you to add the important touches for the birthday bash.
- Make the right use of the space – If you’re organising a small birthday party, it’s usually best to go for one big table to keep all the guests close together. How about a bigger one? Check out our article about seating arrangements to get inspired.
So, down to the really important subject: how much does it actually cost to hire a venue for a birthday celebration in Sydney? We’ve created a handy guide to clue you in. Check it out below!
- Many party venues in Sydney are priced with a hire fee, which includes the use of the venue only. The usual rates start from $275 for small, community spaces in the suburbs and can go up to $1500 for luxury private venues in the CBD.
- If you’re planning to eat, drink and be merry, choosing a venue with a minimum spend option is your best bet. You simply need to spend a certain amount on food and/or drinks, and you’re not paying a single dollar for hiring the party space. Sounds good, doesn’t it? The minimum spend rates for in Sydney normally range between $500 and $2000.
- Last but not least, many Sydney venues offer special birthday party package deals! These usually cost between $20 and $80 per person and typically include food, drinks and the costs of using the venue.
Still not sure which part of Sydney would work best for your next birthday party? We’re stoked to share some of our favourite picks with you:
- Sydney CBD – There’s much more to the Central Business District than the corporate matters. The abundance of amazing restaurants, clubs and bars makes it an amazing place to find ideal place for your birthday right in the middle of Sydney!
- The Rocks – Boasting a unique colonial charm, The Rocks has a history as rich as its abundance of amazing spaces available for private hire. Bonus points for the iconic landscapes – perfect if you’re keen on hosting a birthday party with a view on the Sydney Harbour!
- Potts Point – Love all things art deco? You’ll love Potts Point. The area is packed full of chic cocktail bars, stylish lounge and charming outdoor venues, many of which are keen on hosting your next amazing birthday party.