We know that organising a conference is no mean feat, and finding the right space is key. First impressions really count – hiring a unique location for your conference is highly likely to attract more people. Whether you're organising a large conference for hundreds of guests or a smaller symposium, we’re always on hand to help you find a venue that suits your needs perfectly. With us, booking the perfect location is easier and faster than ever! To top it all off, we’re also happy to share our experience and expert knowledge with you. Have a look at our guide to conference venues in Sydney below!
- Plan with a purpose in mind – Start by asking yourself a question: what is the main objective of your conference? Are you planning a very official large symposium, an annual general meeting or a laid-back IT meetup focused on networking? Consider the expectations of your attendees and decide whether you’re keen on a formal or informal conference venue. From state-of-the-art modern conference centres to converted warehouse spaces, Sydney’s choice of venues is incredibly diverse. Sounds overwhelming? Don’t worry – with us finding a space that strikes all the right chords is hassle-free.
- Consider your budget – What are the funds for your conference? Will your attendees pay for the admission? Take all the sources into consideration and calculate your final budget. Once you know what you can afford, it will help you narrow down your search and make the entire planning process much smoother.
- Pick the date wisely – Start from the essentials and figure out the dates of other major conferences, gatherings and meetups in your field, so your event doesn’t coincide with any of them. It’s also good to consider several different dates and, if possible, ask your attendees to choose one that’s most convenient for them. It’s simple and will do wonders for your conference’s final attendance rate!
- Decide whether your guests need an accommodation or not – If your attendees will travel from afar, make sure they can find accommodation close to your conference spot. A really convenient choice in such case is to hire one of the hotel conference centres in Sydney. This way you’ll have both the accommodation and the event space sorted in one place.
- Don’t forget to check conference facilities –It’s good practice to create a list of all the facilities you’ll need on the day, e.g. whiteboards, flipcharts, TV screens, writing supplies etc. Make sure to go through the list with the venue manager and check which of these facilities are available on-site.
- Make your conference easily accessible – Once you find and book your venue, make sure your guests know how to get there! Remember to check the transport links and all the train, bus and ferry stop nearby (as well as parking spaces, if your guests will be arriving by car). Last but not least, if you’re expecting attendees with limited mobility, remember to check if the venue has disabled access and is able to cater to their needs.
How much does it cost to hire a conference venue in Sydney?
- Most spaces are priced with a hire fee. These typically start from $1000 for small spaces (e.g. conference rooms in hotels on Darling Harbour or in Bondi), while the usual hire fee for a large venues in the CBD is about $2500-$7000, depending on the size, the facilities and, of course, the location.
- Apart from paying for venue hire, you might also pick the package per person option. A typical conference package includes tea, coffee, refreshments, notepads, pens and sometimes a lunch buffet as well. These prices typically range from $50 to $100 per person.
Wondering where to find the best conference venues that Sydney has to offer? We’re here to make it clear. Check out the list of our particularly favourite areas for conferences in Sydney below:
- Central Business District – Sydney’s main commercial hub, the Central Business District (widely known as Sydney CBD) is usually the go-to place for organising conferences of all kinds. Whether you’re after a heritage listed or ultra-modern venue, you’re definitely going to find something special in the CBD with Tagvenue.
- Sydney Harbour – Hiring a conference venue on the harbourside is sure to make a long-lasting impression. These spectacular views will leave your attendees talking for months! This area boasts many world-class hotels with superb conference facilities. Not only are they gorgeous, but also practical, as they offer on-site accommodation. It’s a double win!
- Sydney beaches – Why stick to conventional conference venues, when you can take advantage of Sydney’s spectacular beaches? Hire a beachside location and you’ll get both amazing views and a great space to let your hair down after the official parts are over. Think beach parties and stunning sunsets. Cheers!
- North Sydney –Located on the other side of the Sydney Harbour from the CBD, the northern part of the city boasts equally amazing waterfront views. North Sydney is known for successfully connecting the corporate with the informal, so if a laid-back, cool venue is what you’re after, this is the place!
- Sydney Airport – If a large number of your attendees are travelling by plane, hiring a venue near Sydney Airport is a really convenient option to consider. There is a choice of conference spaces that come in many shapes and sizes, located just a stone’s throw from SYD.
Anything else on your mind? We’re stoked to help. The most frequently asked questions include:
I’m looking for something really quirky. Can you help me find some funky venues in Sydney for my conference?
We highly recommend going off the beaten track and searching for spaces a bit further away from the city centre. Try industrial venues in Alexandria and Waterloo, or creative spaces in Newtown. These are sure to stand out from the crowd and leave a lasting impression!
My budget is kind of limited. Do you have any tips for finding cheap venues in Sydney?
It pays to look for conference package deals. Another good tip is to consider off-peak dates, as the prices tend to be 50% lower if you book your conference venue on a less popular date. Last but not least, don’t be afraid to negotiate with the venue manager. You might end up agreeing on a really great discount!