We know that organising a wedding in Sydney is no mean feat. When you already have a general idea of what your big day will look like, it’s good to make a list of essential things to keep in mind when planning your bridal bash. At Tagvenue we know weddings and how to make your life easier when planning such a major event. We’ve listed the most important things below.
- Alcohol policy – Sydney wedding venues may have different rules when it comes to alcohol. Want to bring your own liquor? We’re ready to help you find a BYO wedding venue in the Harbour City. Keep in mind that some venues charge a corkage fee if you bring your own alcohol, so make sure to check if that applies in your case.
- Accommodation – Expecting a lot of guests coming from different parts of Australia, or even from overseas? Don’t forget that you’re going to need enough beds. Your best bet is to choose a hotel venue– this way you’ll have the accommodation sorted on the spot. Sydney is packed full of wonderful hotels with stunning wedding halls, and with Tagvenue you’ll easily find the perfect one.
- The size of your guest list – Are you expecting 20, 50, 250 or even 500 guests? The key is to find just the right-sized venue. Of course, everyone needs enough room for themselves, but you don’t want a space that’s way too big either. This may sound a bit complicated, but no need to stress – with our diverse collection of top wedding venues in Sydney you’re sure to book one that’s just the right fit.
- Possible wedding dates – One of the most important wedding venue hire tips is to have several dates in mind. The best wedding venues in Sydney are usually flat chat and book out really quickly. Having a few alternatives for your wedding date significantly increases your chances of hiring the perfect spot.
Down to the big question: how much does it cost to hire a wedding venue in Sydney? We’re here to provide you with the most relevant data on wedding venue hire prices in Sydney:
- A large number of wedding venues in Sydney are priced with a hire fee, which only covers the cost of using the space for your ceremony or reception. The hire fees for weddings in Sydney start at around $500 for modest, minimal spaces and normally range between $1000 and $2500.
- Many Sydney wedding venues, especially hotels and restaurants, work on a minimum spend basis. This means you’re obligated to spend an agreed sum of money on food and drinks, but you’re not paying a single dollar for using the space. Sounds like a fair deal? We think so! The usual minimum spend rates for wedding venues in Sydney vary between $2000 and $5000, depending on the size of your wedding reception.
- Last but not least, heaps of Sydney venues offer designated wedding package deals, which often make fantastic value for money! A wedding package usually covers food and drinks set menu and the venue hire costs, but it might also include such extras as decoration or event services.
When it comes to wedding venue hire in Sydney, the most sought-after neighbourhoods include:
- Sydney Harbour – It’s one of the most picturesque waterfronts on the globe, so it’s no surprise so many people are keen on celebrating getting hitched with a view of it! Luckily, there are plenty of wedding reception venues that meet these criteria, and we know the best ones, both outdoor and indoor.
- Lane Cove – This beautiful area is a part of a peninsula near Port Jackson, which means wonderful riverside views. The district is home to many green areas, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a rustic, laid-back celebration close to nature.
- North Sydney – Although usually associated with offices, North Sydney boasts a wide variety of stunning wedding venues, too! This normally bustling area slows down on the weekends, which creates the perfect ambience for wedding celebrations. The district is full of charming restaurants and historical buildings that are perfect for wedding receptions and ceremonies. Oh, and don’t forget the northern beaches! Our favourites include Manly and Avalon.
- Mosman – This affluent suburb is located on the edge of the harbour, which means beautiful architecture and gorgeous views of Sydney city centre. Sounds like a stunning wedding location, doesn’t it? We’re not surprised it’s becoming increasingly popular.
- Olympic Park – Yes, there’s more to it than just sports! Sydney Olympic Park is full of green spaces which work amazingly well as wedding locations and spaces for marquee wedding venues. If you’re looking for a unique wedding spot in Western Sydney, this is the place!
Enough of the technical stuff. Feel like you could use some inspiration? Here’s a short list of the most common questions about wedding venues in Sydney:
- Waterfront wedding – Sydney boasts one of the most picturesque harbours in the world, so why not celebrate getting hitched with a view overlooking it? A special day deserves a special backdrop after all! We know the best wedding venues near Sydney harbour, and we’re happy to share our insider knowledge with you.
- Heritage listed venues – Take advantage of the historic side of Sydney and book a venue that has an old-world charm and a story to tell. Perfect for couples who love all things vintage!
- Garden wedding – Lavish lawns, shady trees, rays of sun during the ceremony and fairy lights during the reception… we love garden wedding venues, and so do hundreds of Sydneysiders!
- Rooftop venues – There’s no better backdrop for a bridal bash in Sydney than a Sydney Harbour sunset – and it’s best observed from one of the stunning rooftops! We know the ones with views that will leave your guests talking for months.