Sydney is one of the few major cities in the world where you can throw both a summer party and Christmas party at once – how cool is that, right? Seize the opportunity and discover the most stunning Christmas party venues in the city right here! There’s something for everyone, from 5-star rooftop bars and terraces with views of the Sydney harbour to beach party spots and other outdoor venues that are just perfect for Christmas BBQs. No matter what kind of Christmas bash you’re keen on, these tips from our event organisers are sure to come in handy.
- Start your search early – The most in-demand venues in Sydney book out weeks in advance. In this case, the early bird catches the worm. But even if the clock is ticking, don’t worry – we’re ready to help you find a last minute Christmas party deals, too.
- Have a couple of different dates in mind – This approach increases your chances of finding and booking the perfect space. The most sought-after days are Thursdays, Fridays and weekends in December, so if you want to widen your choice, think of booking a venue on a different weekday.
- Send out the invitations as soon as possible – Sydney professionals are busy with heaps of stuff, especially at the end of the year. It’s a good practice to send the RSVPs as soon as you decide on the date of your Christmas party for a good turn out.
- Pick a Christmas party theme – Why not add a little extra sparkle to your Christmas bash? Surfing Santas, masquerades, BBQ extravaganzas, pool parties… you name it! Choosing a theme your guests will love is the key to a fun Christmas party.
Need some Xmas party inspiration? You’re in the right place. We’re stoked to share some of our favourite work Christmas party ideas. Pick your favourite and we’ll help you bring it to life in Sydney!
- Christmas hits karaoke – Let your hair down – the silly season is the perfect excuse to get a little cheesy! Pick your all-time Xmas classics and sing at the top of your lungs with your workmates. Merry Christmas everyone!
- Traditional Aussie BBQ – Soaking up the sun while feasting on finger-licking barbecued prawns and sipping on ice cold drinks – there’s no Christmas like Christmas the Sydney way. We know all the right places for the real Aussie Christmas barbie!
- Christmas cooking class – How about learning a new impressive skill and having heaps of fun at the same time? What a combination! Christmas cooking classes are a big trend in Sydney right now.
- Festive Christmas dinner party – It’s time to eat, drink and be merry! Many venues in Sydney set up special Xmas party menus for the silly season, so you can choose from heaps of different offers for your private Christmas dinner.
- English Garden party – Sydney’s packed full with beautiful garden party venues, so why not take advantage of the good weather and hire one for your Christmas party? Oh, and you can make it a tea party at the same time, too – can it get more British than that?
Wondering how much it actually costs to host a great Christmas party in Sydney? We’re here to clue you in with our handy guide:
- Planning to host a small Christmas party in Sydney? Your best bet is to hire a private function room in one of Sydney’s restaurants, bar or pubs. These are usually big enough for between 20 and 70 guests and priced with a minimum spend. This means you need to spend a certain amount of money on food and drinks, but usually, you don’t need to pay a single dollar for hiring the space. The minimum spend rates for a small Christmas party in Sydney start from as little as $500 per evening.
- If you’d like to work with external event suppliers (especially caterers), you might want to go with a venue priced with a hire fee. This rate covers the costs of the venue hire only. Depending on the size of the venue of your choice, as well as its location and standard, the hire fees range from $250 to $1500.
- Last but not least, many venues in Sydney offer special Christmas party packages. These usually include a festive food and drinks menu along with designated party services (e.g. DJ, security staff and a photographer). The prices of Christmas party packages in Sydney are between $25 and $100 per person.
Our favourite areas of Sydney for hosting a Christmas party include:
- Sydney CBD – A vibrant district with numerous world-class hotels and restaurants, many of them boasting breathtaking views of the Opera House – it’s no wonder most corporate Christmas parties in Sydney are organised in the Central Business District. There’s a wide variety of great spaces in there, but there’s also a lot to choose from if you go off the beaten track. We’re happy to lead the way!
- Northern Beaches – Again, let’s not forget that Sydney is lucky enough to celebrate Christmas during the summer, so why not make it a beach party? Some of the city’s most beautiful coasts are located in the northern suburbs of Sydney. This part of New South Wales boasts some really picturesque spots, such as the famous Manly Beach. We’re ready to help you find the perfect beachside venue for your unforgettable Christmas party in North Sydney!
- Western Sydney – Parramatta boasts a wide choice of unique Christmas party options, but there’s much more to Western Sydney! This part of the city is located just a stone’s throw from the Blue Mountains National Park, which means stunning views and heaps of outdoor Christmas party venues that will leave your guests talking for months.
When it comes to finding a place to organise work Christmas party, the most frequently asked questions include:
Which are the best venues with a waterfront view that offer Christmas parties?
How about hiring a boat venue for a Christmas party cruise? This picturesque option is at the same time one of the most affordable – there are heaps of cheap offers for a Christmas party on a boat, while Sydney Harbour views are included in the price. What’s not to love?
How to save on the Christmas party venue?
We know how to find really great Christmas party venues that won’t break the bank. Hiring a function room in one of Sydney pubs is one of the best picks for a cheap and cheerful Xmas bash. The prices are low, while the ambience remains laid-back and truly cosy. Cheers!