About this space
Experience the grandeur of arriving through the magnificent Portico entrance, Mosaic Terrace and Central Hall into Room 30. Room 30 has some of our most famous Spanish paintings including Velázquez’s The Rokeby Venus. This luxurious space provides an unforgettable welcome. Perfect for receptions and dinners.
Situated just beyond Central Hall, Room 30 is a perfect space for an elegant reception for 300, as well as a dinner for 220 guests.
Standard 60 day
Cancellations 60 days in advance will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 60 days to 30 days in advance will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 30 days are non-refundable.
Event date of a confirmed booking can be changed to another date within 8 months from the original date, at no cost.
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
Client and Event Suitability
Below is a list of the types of organizations and style of events we are unable to accommodate:
* Politically affiliated events, including lobbying organizations or those fundraising on behalf of political parties.
* Fundraising events from charities from the arts and heritage sectors.
* Ticketed events or third party hosting unless otherwise agreed in writing by us.
*Events that bring in other artwork or copies of our collection.
Below is a list of additional restrictions we apply:
* Children under the age of 14 are not permitted at events without the prior consent.
* Gambling, including auctions, raffles, etc., requires the prior written consent of the National Gallery. Clients must obtain any licenses and permissions required under the Gambling Act 2005 should the National Gallery consent be provided.
We kindly ask that you highlight any queries you may have about the possible association with the Gallery so that we can best advise you - failing to do so could result in the cancellation of an event with no compensation.
If the Gallery is closed due to unforeseen circumstances, then you will be entitled to postpone your events to another date within our financial year (April 20 - March 21).
If the Gallery remains open and you would like to cancel, where we are able to "re-sell" the date to another client we shall reimburse you all the charges you have paid to us prior to the date of cancellation. Where we are unable to "re-sell" the date to another client cancellation charges are payable. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference table below:
When we receive your written cancellation notice Cancellation charge
More than two (2) months prior to the event 50% of the hire charge
Less than two (2) months prior to the event 100% of the hire charge