Party Venues Rental Guide
Chicago knows how to keep the party going, which is why no evening will be a boring one! From jazz concerts to burlesque shows and crowded dance floors, there’s a wide range of great spots and opportunities for an unforgettable party experience at your fingertips! No matter if you’re throwing a sweet 16 bash, celebrating your friends’ recent engagement or hosting a work gathering, you’re in for a treat. To help you out as much as possible with the whole planning process, we’ve put together some information and tips you’ll be able to find below. And in case you have any additional questions, there is our FAQ section to the rescue!
Where to party in Chicago?
As we’ve already established, the Windy City is well-known for its nightlife. You can have lots of fun all around the city. Depending on what you’re looking for, you can dance the night away in one of Wicker Park’s unique places or go crazy in River North. So if you’re on the lookout for somewhere to celebrate, we’ve jotted down some of the city’s neighborhoods where you’ll be able to have an amazing time with your closest friends until the wee hours of the morning.
Let’s start with Wicker Park. The neighborhood’s North Milwaukee Avenue, known for its bustling nightlife, is the perfect party place if you’re on the lookout for a pub, a bar or a club. Check out its myriad of unique spots for a party you’ll never forget.
River North, one of the Windy City’s most vibrant neighborhoods, this area is not only bursting with energy but also boasts various eateries, chic nightclubs and eclectic cocktail bars. In this Near North Side neighborhood, you’ll also find fabulous art galleries ready to host any art lover’s party.
On the North Side of Chicago, you can find Lincoln Park - an area where you won’t be bored for even a second whatever the time of the day. Any family gathering can be hosted in one of the neighborhood’s restaurants and adjacent patios that will feel like extensions of your own home. And if you’re looking for a place to party the night away with your friends or colleagues, you will love Lincoln Park’s unique mix of bars, pubs and nightclubs.
West Lakeview’s Boystown is another area filled with fantastic party venues. Drinks, music, laughs and generally good times can be found in this trendy and fun neighborhood - no matter where you look. Along its tree-lined streets, you’ll find charming cafes, excellent restaurants serving delicious food and vibrant cocktail bars.
You should also check out Chicago’s suburbs! In Buffalo Grove, you will find a venues ideal for all kinds of private events, from small birthday parties to wedding celebrations. Evanston’s numerous restaurants will cater for family gatherings, as well as work events.
Lively Naperville and charming Oak Park are other suburbs worth mentioning! They offer various spots of different sizes where any party will be a smashing success.
What kind of venues can I rent in Chicago?
If you’re still in doubt about what kind of venue you should book for your next event, have a careful look at our suggestions! Who knows, maybe you’ll discover a space that you didn’t think of at all?
- Penthouses. In case you’re planning a fashionable party and privacy is a priority, the best venue option for you will be a penthouse! Luckily for you, in Chicago you will be able to find unique properties, so don’t worry about a memorable setting anymore! What’s even better, the views offered by the city’s penthouses will astonish all of your guests. So if you’re searching for an Insta-friendly space or you simply want to book somewhere spectacular for your party, Chicago’s penthouses are a must!
- Lofts. We can’t recommend a cooler place for hosting a party than a city loft! Usually located in industrial buildings or former warehouses, and boasting brick walls, high ceilings and big windows, loft apartments are a great option for any kind of gathering. They offer plenty of space and, sometimes, even spectacular skyline views from their rooftops.
- Rooftops. When you have a breathtaking view of the city’s skyline, you don’t need any additional decorations, do you? This is why we recommend you consider renting a rooftop for your upcoming party! Especially, if you’ve ever dreamt about having it there whilst watching a movie. Whether it’s a rooftop bar or a outdoor space adjacent to the apartment you’re renting, you won’t be disappointed with the setting. So get ready for a memorable party with a breathtaking backdrop.
- Backyards. If you’re looking for a killer party venue in Chicago, you can’t miss out on the city’s outdoor spaces! There are plenty of hidden spots ideal for hosting an intimate gathering. Pretty greenery, fresh air, fairly lights above the heads - all that and more is waiting for you if you decide on an alfresco venue. The city’s backyards, as well as backyard patios, are great spots for anyone who wants to throw a one-of-a-kind celebration with a natural backdrop.
- Restaurants. When it comes to renting a restaurant for your party in Chicago, you’ll truly be spoilt for choice. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for somewhere laid-back or high-end, or what kind of cuisine you have in mind - you’ll find a place suitable for all of your requirements in the Windy City within seconds. We recommend you browse through our platform, book the restaurant of your choice and throw a party of your dreams!
- Bars. In a city filled with lines snaking around the block at trendy cocktail lounges and dive bars, you’ll have no problem finding a bar in Chicago for a gathering or lavish celebration. With so many great places to grab a beverage, you’ll have an opportunity to choose from all kinds of bars, including beloved classics, charming speakeasies, breweries, wine bars and newly-opened spots. Sip classic cocktails, craft beers, and high-quality wines, then belly up to the bar and spend an amazing time in one of the city’s fantastic spaces.
- Cafes. If you think Chicago doesn’t have many exciting cafes, you couldn’t be more wrong! The city is filled with many charming spots where you’ll not only get your caffeine fix and something sweet to nibble on, but you can also celebrate with your nearest and dearest there. Cafes are perfect venues if you’re thinking of hosting a baby shower, a bridal shower or an intimate birthday party. Many places allow you to decorate them however you wish, which is another bonus.
- Art galleries. It doesn’t matter if you’re throwing a birthday party or hosting a baby shower, there is no cooler place to do so than in an art gallery! Be it an intimate event or a lavish gathering with plenty of guests, you’ll find the perfect space among the great Chicago art galleries. As an international hub of culture (among other things), the city is filled with places both large and small, rocking spectacular artwork within their four walls.
How can I make my Chicago party truly memorable?
- Choose a one-of-a-kind venue. The space where you’ll be hosting your party can strongly determine the success of your party and, therefore, how well your guests will remember it. You can go for a quirky space, an unusual venue type or somewhere offering spectacular views of the city. A non-traditional venue will wow your guests from the moment they step foot into the place and also set your event apart from others and create an unforgettable experience.
- Host a themed party. Another thing that could distinguish your party from any other is a theme! A creative event theme will take your celebration to the next level and ensure your guests have an amazing time. When it comes to choosing a motif, get inspired by your favorites: a beloved movie or an era that you feel sentimental about. If you’re missing the summer, throw a tropical party with delicious cocktails, Hawaiian shirt and pineapple decorations of all shapes and sizes.
- Music. There’s nothing that kills a party more than silence. This is why you should think carefully about the sounds that will be playing in the background! If you’re into live music, think of having a live band or solo act amuse you and your party guests. For anyone who appreciates a good sound system and great remixes, we suggest having a DJ. They will handle the music, set the energy level and entertain the guests. A budget-friendly option is a playlist - it will also create the perfect tone for your occasion.
- Menu. Let’s make it clear: the food is the deal maker or breaker of any party. This is why you should be especially careful when choosing the menu for your event. For a sit-down dinner, we recommend you either choose to serve a certain cuisine or put yourself first and go for your favorite meals. But remember about one golden rule when it comes to delicious food: make sure it’s made from fresh and high-quality ingredients.
- Activities. Party activities don’t have to be boring (or lame) at all! But they’ll definitely entertain your guests, hopefully induce lots of laughter and make the party memorable. If you’re throwing a birthday party for a close friend, how about preparing a slideshow presentation with photos of the birthday person? Or, as we’re already talking about pictures, think of renting a photo booth to make new memories with your friends and fun props! For any boogie fans, we recommend hosting a dance-off where each guest could show off their signature dance moves!
Partying on a budget in Chicago:
An unforgettable party doesn’t have to break the bank! If you’re throwing a party with a limited budget, here are some tips that will help you:
- Location. First of all, consider the location of your event. When looking at venues for your upcoming party, go off the beaten path and explore those less-known areas. It is very likely that prices around there will be more affordable than in the popular spots. If you’re keen on one of the major neighborhoods, we have good news for you: even these spots have hidden corners with great party venues.
- Venue. If you’re looking for a specific space, consider renting a bar, pub or perhaps a laid-back restaurant - they tend to be more affordable than high-end places. You can also set a price limit in the search bar on our platform and browse only those venues that are within your price range.
- Catering. Catering can quickly eat up your event budget, but at the same time, you don’t want your guests to be hungry, right? Give up on a three-course meal and instead organize a casual drinks reception with canapes or a food station. You could also ask your guests to bring their own beverages to the party to minimize the costs.
Don’t let routine take over your party life! There are so many unexplored party concepts you can’t miss out on, from exciting themes to fun activities that will impress your guests. Head to our blog and go through the best party ideas, tips, and tricks
to make your bash a great success!
FAQs about Party Venues in Chicago, IL
How much does it cost to rent a party venue in Chicago?
Chicago is filled with plenty of venues for any kind of party and budget. A lot of places charge hourly fees with prices ranging from $20 to $250 per hour. It is also possible to book a place and pay for each of your guests. Per person prices in Chicago vary from $15 to $100. Some venues offer special packages with prices for a full buyout starting at $300 and getting as high as $5000 per session. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Why should I rent a venue for my party?
Renting a venue makes any party more memorable! An external space creates the right atmosphere and unique setting for the perfect party of any kind. It’s also a great last-minute solution. You won’t have to worry about equipment or decor as they already have that. And what’s even more important, party venues are usually run by professionals which means everyone will be able to fully enjoy the event without having to worry about each detail!
How far in advance should I book a venue for my party in Chicago?
With Tagvenue’s help, you are able to book an event venue fast and easy. This doesn’t mean, though, that you should wait until the last minute to rent the place of your choice. The closer to the date of your party, the more limited your options will probably get. We suggest you start your search as soon as possible and make the booking at least 5 to 6 weeks in advance.
What are some of the best party venues in Chicago?
Looking for a great space for your next party? Explore these Chicago locations:
- Stix n Brie Wood Fired Pizza - Whatever you’re craving, you’ll be able to find it at Stix n Brie Wood Fired Pizza! Serving delicious food and catering for events of all types, your next party at this venue will be a smashing success!
- Pops for Champagne - One of the nation’s few dedicated champagne bars is a great place for a memorable party! It’s a chic versatile event space in the heart of Chicago where all your needs will be met.
- Port and Park Bistro - Enjoy delicious food and flawlessly executed cocktails at Lake View’s Port and Park Bistro! It’s the perfect place for you and your guests to experience dining and drinking until the wee hours of the night.