Most popular venues in San Diego
Global brands and 200,000 users trust Tagvenue
Most popular event spaces in San Diego
Rent the most exciting party venues San Diego has to offer
Exquisite restaurants, lively dive bars, electrifying late-night clubs and other venues await to elevate your party experience in the vibrant city of San Diego.
Discover first-rate restaurants available in San Diego
Indulge in the finest dining experience in San Diego's top restaurants or try the flavors of international cuisine at some of the city's best diners.
Explore top production venues in San Diego
For an unforgettable photo shoot or to film your next big hit, look no further than San Diego!
Discover top event spaces across the USA
Planning an event in the near future but not sure where to start?
Check our tips and ideas!
Organising a corporate event can be stressful, especially if you’re new to event planning. We're here to help with some of our favourite tips!
Throwing a bachelorette party for the bride-to-be and need some inspiration? Don't miss out on our list of ideas and activities that will make your party one for the books!
Celebrating another year around the sun and want to do something extra? Choose from our list of creative birthday ideas and throw an extraordinary party!
Here's a list of cheap birthday ideas that will make you look like a rock star on your special day without putting too much stress on your budget.
If you're trying to master shooting in natural light, this guide will help you navigate all lighting scenarios and get the best shots.
Want to get the most our of your next team meeting? We have some ideas to shake it up and increase your team's engagement and productivity.
Looking for new ideas on how to throw a successful fundraising event? Read our article, get inspired, and then watch those donations roll in!
Throwing a surprise birthday party is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work. How do you keep it a secret? Read our blog post and learn our top tricks.
You only turn 30 once. Why not celebrate the milestone with a photo shoot? Check our top ideas and feel like a star on your birthday!
Are you planning your first photo shoot and feeling a little anxious? Here's everything you need to know to make your work a smooth process.
The planning process is exciting and fun, but can get overwhelming at times. We know, we've been there. Check out this guide and plan the next birthday party like a pro!
Meetings don't have to be boring! Find top tips for holding effective meetings, why you should keep having them, and some insight from thought leaders in the industry.
Getting ready to shoot in a studio for the first time? Look through our photography tips for beginners and take your passion from being just a hobby to being a profession.
Why not celebrate the next milestone with something different? We come to you with 10 unusual ideas for a birthday photo shoot for adults. Strike a pose and have fun!
Ready to generate buzz around your product? Find out what to do before you launch your product, discover creative product launch event ideas and learn what mistakes to avoid.
Our guide to event space rental in San Diego
Meet San Diego, a city of beaches and sunshine, that is known as Southern California’s center of culture and entertainment. If you’re thinking about hosting an event here, the possibilities are endless. Plan a corporate business meeting in the Gaslamp Quarter or throw a wedding reception with gorgeous views of Coronado Bridge. Whether you’re looking for something casual and low-key or getting ready to throw the party of the century, the city’s most wanted venues are waiting for you! Explore our San Diego listings to find the perfect space for your next event.
What are the best locations for an event in San Diego?
Before you get to booking venues, it would be helpful to know which neighborhoods offer the best options for your specific needs. There are plenty of fun spots all around San Diego, so why not take a closer look at the city’s most attractive areas? Here’s our brief guide to San Diego’s top neighborhoods and the venues they have to offer.
- Downtown San Diego is a hub of business, government and culture. It is one of the city’s most popular areas when it comes to events, and its reputation is well justified. Downtown is known for its nightlife and restaurants, so whether you’re looking for a place to host an elegant dinner, celebrate your wedding or throw a wild birthday party, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re planning a business event, there are plenty of choices for this too! From small conference rooms with AV equipment to large ballrooms with catering services, you’ll find everything you need.
- Old Town, located in the downtown area near San Diego Bay and Balboa Park, is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. The district has a wonderful ambience with its narrow streets, brightly-colored buildings and delicious authentic Mexican food. Its historic atmosphere makes it perfect for romantic weddings and receptions, as well as for other special occasions.
- Mission Valley offers a wide variety of venues with pretty views of the ocean and city skyline, and is also home to many hotels that can accommodate large groups. It's located close to both downtown and the airport, so it's easy for out-of-town guests to get there. The Hilton San Diego Mission Valley Hotel offers a variety of meeting spaces that can accommodate events ranging from small business meetings to large weddings with hundreds or even thousands of attendees.
- Gaslamp Quarter is known for its historic architecture, trendy restaurants, bars and nightlife venues. The area’s rich offerings make it a fantastic destination for partying and entertainment. This is also where you'll find the majority of the city’s finest hotels and conference centers (including the San Diego Convention Center), which is why the neighborhood is one of the most popular areas in San Diego for corporate events.
- Liberty Station offers a variety of unique event locations – from historic buildings to modern warehouses, this neighborhood has something for everyone. The Liberty Public Market offers an indoor market with local produce, artisanal products and gourmet restaurants, while the Heritage Park Amphitheater is open 24 hours and provides a beautiful outdoor setting for concerts, festivals and more. Located on the coast and near the airport, the area is perfect for corporate events or parties with out-of-town guests. There are also plenty of restaurants and bars that are perfect for a dinner party or cocktail hour.
- Coronado is one of the more affluent neighborhoods in San Diego. Located just a short drive from downtown, Coronado is an island connected to the mainland by the Coronado Bridge. If you’re looking for some of the best views in town, you have to check out this area. This famous beach resort is especially popular with couples looking for the perfect scenery where they can say their “I do’s.” Many weddings are held at the Coronado Country Club or Hotel Del Coronado, with its stunning views of San Diego Bay.
- Ocean Beach will be the perfect location if you’re planning an epic beach-style outdoor party. Stretching along the coast, the neighborhood stands out thanks to its beautiful views and relaxed atmosphere. The oceanfront area has many hotels, restaurants and bars that can be used for private parties or corporate events. It's a great place for couples looking for romantic spots for weddings and engagement parties, or anyone who just wants to enjoy an event away from the city’s noise and traffic.
- Pacific Beach is another stunning location for outdoor events, such as beach-themed weddings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays, reunions and more! The neighborhood offers a wide variety of options at different price points. It is packed with bars and restaurants that are a great option for more intimate events and gatherings, as well as beachside hotels with function spaces that can accommodate hundreds of guests.
- Little Italy is the best place to find an authentic Italian restaurant, bar or café. This chic corner of San Diego is known for its colorful murals and small bistros. If you’re looking to rent a place for a private dining event or a happy hour with your colleagues, check out the venues in this area.
- North Park is the place to get your hipster fix. This thriving area abounds in trendy eateries, lounges and coffee shops along with historic buildings that provide a great backdrop for photos. There are also breweries and distilleries that offer delicious ales, lagers, whiskeys and other top-shelf beverages, as well as live music or sports games nights.
- East Village is a cool and laid-back neighborhood located east of downtown, where shiny skyscrapers stand in contrast with former warehouses. There are plenty of trendy art galleries and breweries, and the area has seen a surge in new restaurants, bars and cafés over the last few years, so expect an abundance of event spots to choose from.
- La Jolla is a small area of San Diego with an incredible number of things to do and see. It has beautiful beaches, stunning cliffs overlooking the ocean, and several museums and art galleries. The breathtaking scenery and relaxing atmosphere makes it an especially popular choice for weddings. Whatever type of event you're planning, La Jolla boasts a myriad of options that can accommodate both small and large groups.
- Del Mar has a wide range of options for weddings and other special events. From beautiful beachfront locations to historic estates with breathtaking views, there is something for every taste. If you’re hosting a corporate event, there are hotels that provide large conference rooms, and some of them offer catering services as well. And if you’re looking for something more intimate, you’ll easily find a private dining room at one of the area’s top restaurants.
Want to dig even deeper? Have a look at these frequently asked questions:
How much does it cost to rent an event venue in San Diego?
San Diego offers a wide range of spaces for rent, from small private rooms to huge venues that can hold hundreds of guests. That’s why you can expect the price range to be just as wide. The average cost of renting an event venue in San Diego is $1,000 to $3,000 per day. Of course, the exact price will vary depending on factors such as the type of event you are hosting, the number of guests that will be attending or the prestige and location of your venue.
What factors should I consider when renting an event venue in San Diego?
The venue you choose will have a large impact on how your event turns out, so you need to make sure that it meets all of your needs. Here are 5 things to think about:
- Budget – Start by determining how much you can spend on venue rental. This will help you narrow your search to spaces that fall within your price range.
- Capacity – Consider how many people will be attending your event, then make sure you choose a venue that can fit everyone comfortably (but isn’t too big at the same time).
- Location – When choosing the location for your event, pay attention to details such as easy road access, public transport links, distance from the airport, parking facilities and accommodation options.
- Catering – Are you looking for a venue that offers in-house catering, or would you prefer to rent a space that allows you to bring your own food and beverages? You can use Tagvenue’s filters to sort through these options.
- Style – Last but not least, think about the overall vibe of your event. What kind of venue do you need to evoke the right mood? Are you looking for a space that’s classic and elegant, or something quirky and laid-back?
What’s the average capacity of event spaces in San Diego?
Venues for rent in San Diego offer a wide variety when it comes to capacities. The average capacity of an event venue is between 100 and 500 people. However, if you’re looking for something even larger, there are spaces with capacities of up to 5,000 people. On the other hand, if you’re planning a small event for fewer than 50 attendees, there are plenty of venues that will be happy to host you, including restaurants with private rooms, bars or small meeting spaces.
Can I host an event by the beach in San Diego?
Sunny beaches are one of the first things that come to mind when thinking about San Diego. Naturally, the beautiful coast is also one of the most desirable destinations for holding events. There are plenty of beachfront hotels and restaurants with panoramic ocean views. Some will even offer direct beach access. So, if you’re dreaming of hosting an event by the beach, search for venues in neighborhoods such as La Jolla, Del Mar or Pacific Beach.
Popular spaces for events of all types in San Diego
San Diego's top ballrooms at your fingertips
Great beer gardens for your summer party in San Diego
Check out our list of affordable event spaces in San Diego
Browse through our list of conference venues
Discover our wide selection of corporate event venues
Enjoy the weather in one of the top open-air spaces
Find a charming venue for your private event
Add some unique touch to your Big Day
Celebrate your wedding at one of the city's restaurants