Most popular venues in Houston
Global brands and 200,000 users trust Tagvenue
Most popular event spaces in Houston
Make your holidays a Texas tale in Houston's top venues
From Space City to the Energy Corridor, Houston's venues offer a diverse range of options for your holiday events.
Discover top restaurants for your next dinner event in Houston
From posh restaurants ideal for a formal celebration to casual eateries to hang out with your friends - in Houston, you will find a place for all types of get-togethers!
Explore first-rate party venues Houston has to offer
Bars, pubs, restaurants, and outdoor venues - Houston has it all! This vibrant Metropolis is filled with spaces perfect for an occasion of any kind.
Book unique wedding venues in Houston for any budget
From small restaurants to the most unique spaces, discover what the Houston wedding scene has to offer!
Discover top event spaces across the USA
Planning an event in the near future but not sure where to start?
Check our tips and ideas!
Time to send off summer with a bang! Discover unique Labor Day party ideas, from classic barbecues to star-spangled pool parties, and make this year's celebration the best one yet.
Embrace the charm of fall with our birthday party ideas including themes, activities, and seasonal delights. Grab your favorite pumpkin-flavored treat and explore!
This article offers a wealth of festive and creative ideas to help you bring the spirit of the legendary Bavarian festival right to your doorstep. Step inside and let the Oktoberfest season begin!
Ready to brew up some spine-chilling fun this Halloween? From haunted houses to enchanting themes, this article is packed with spellbinding party ideas. Click if you dare!
Level up your Thanksgiving celebrations with our cornucopia of standout party ideas that are sure to create lasting memories and delight your loved ones.
Embrace a new tradition this season with Friendsgiving! Gather your chosen family and explore our curated list of party ideas, perfect for sharing a meal and gratitude with the people you love.
Celebrating a birthday in NYC? From the charm of Central Park to hidden local gems, this article guides you through unique birthday party ideas that will make your special day extraordinary.
Preparing for your quinceañera and feeling a mix of excitement and nerves? Our comprehensive quince planning guide is here to help you navigate the journey with style and grace.
Ready to discover the best birthday dinner spots in NYC? Dive into our handpicked list of 20 exciting dinner ideas, ranging from themed parties to indulging in your favorite cuisine.
Looking for the perfect way to celebrate your daughter's 21st birthday? Discover 21 fun and creative party ideas tailored to every personality and preference, from glamorous to charming.
Our guide to event space rental in Houston
Welcome to Houston, the 4th largest city in the country and the most populous city in Texas. The booming and fast-growing metropolis is home to a young and extremely diverse population, characterized by its well-known southern hospitality. The city has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, but Houstonians also know how to have fun! There’s always something going on, with restaurants on every corner, countless entertainment venues and festivals happening every weekend. And the best part? Houston is one of the most affordable big cities in the US!
If you’re planning to host an event in the city, dig into our Houston guide, then hop on our platform to find the perfect venue for whatever occasion you have in mind!
Things to consider when booking a venue in Houston
Houston, we have a problem. How do I book the perfect venue for my event?!
If you’re planning an event in Houston, but you’re not sure where to start, here’s a quick checklist with some of the most important things to consider.
What are you planning?
Are you meeting up with your business partners to brainstorm your next best idea, or do you have a special occasion to celebrate and want to throw a party of the century? Specify what type of event you want to host, then hop on Tagvenue to browse Houston venues that best suit the occasion!
For how many people?
The next important thing to consider is how many people will participate in your event. So, think about everyone you would like to invite and estimate the expected number of guests. No matter how big or small your event is, you’ll surely find the perfect space among Houston’s countless offerings – from intimate private rooms to large venues ready to host a few hundred people. Specifying the number of guests will let you narrow the search results to those event spaces that offer the ideal capacity.
What is your budget?
Now, let’s talk about money. Good news: Houston is a relatively affordable city, so even if you need to go easy on your wallet, you should be able to find a nice event space that won’t break the bank. When you’re deciding on your budget, obviously think about venue rental, but don’t forget about additional costs: catering, decorations, equipment, music, parking fees, etc. Once you know your price range, use Tagvenue to browse the venues that fit your budget.
How will you get to the venue?
When picking the location of your event, pay special attention to its accessibility. Consider the venue’s distance from highways and major roadways and keep in mind that traffic in Houston is insane, especially in peak times. There are, of course, alternatives: the city has three light rail lines that run nearly 23 miles, plus the METRO bus system and an increasing number of bike lanes.
If some of your guests are arriving from other cities, consider the venue’s distance from one of the two airports that serve the city (Hobby Airport and George Bush Intercontinental Airport) or the Houston Amtrak Station and check whether there are any convenient transit options.
What will you eat and drink?
This is a million-dollar question! In the words of Anthony Bourdain, Houston is a “wonderland of the strange and diverse.” This sums up what you can expect from its dining scene. Sure, there’s a fair share of Tex-Mex restaurants and BBQ joints, but that’s not all! Owing to its diverse population, the city boasts myriad global restaurants that serve any type of cuisine you can imagine (and creative food inventions that don’t exist anywhere else, even in your imagination). When it comes to beverages, there are more bars in Houston than you can count. So, be prepared to make some serious decisions!
Do your guests need accommodation?
Are your guests traveling to Houston from other cities? Then it would be convenient to host your event in an area that offers good accommodation options. Uptown/The Galleria is often mentioned as one of the best locations to stay in, boasting some of Houston’s largest and top-rated hotels. Downtown, Midtown and Montrose also offer a broad range of choices.
Guide to Houston neighborhoods and their venues
If you look at a map of Houston, you’ll see that the core of the city is encircled by Interstate 610 that forms a loop. Hence, Houstonians distinguish between neighborhoods that are within the Inner Loop or on the outside. Below you’ll find a brief guide to some of the city’s most interesting areas and the types of venues they offer.
Inside the Loop
The Inner Loop is the city’s heart, full of energy and activity, characterized by its awesome bar and restaurant scene and countless cultural offerings.
- Downtown – Home to the city’s central business district and a plethora of attractions, Downtown Houston has something for everyone. The area boasts a lively arts and entertainment scene, an abundance of bars, clubs and restaurants, premier hotels, conference centers, and a wide range of other event venues. Have a look at some of downtown’s most notable districts:
- Ballpark District boasts Minute Maid Park, a huge stadium with a retractable roof, which is not only home to large sports and music events, but also features a range of event spaces available for rent. It is surrounded by modern loft and office buildings, and a slew of Houston’s best Tex-Mex restaurants.
- Convention District is home to the GRB – George R. Brown Convention Center, there are also restaurants and a Marriott Marquis hotel in the area. Great for conferences and corporate events, as well as live music events and other special occasions.
- Historic District – If you’re looking for some old-world feel, this is the place. The district’s tree-lined streets boast beautiful historic buildings, which collide with a plethora of swanky cafés, trendy bistros and buzzing nightclubs.
- Skyline District is Houston’s business hub, where important meetings take place and deals are made. The area’s shiny skyscrapers and buildings designed by renowned architects, which host the headquarters of international companies and financial institutions, are connected via a Pedestrian Tunnel and Skywalk System.
- Theater District – A 17-block area filled with world-class performing arts venues, such as Hobby Center or Wortham Theater. Sprawling Bayou Place in the very heart of the district is home to top dining spots, offices and entertainment venues, including the Revention Music Center.
- Warehouse District – Home to a funky alternative art scene. A mecca for artists, photographers and other creative professionals. Art studios, lofts and live music venues abound in this area. And if you get hungry while working on your project, there’s an array of hip eateries.
- East Downtown (EaDo) – A vibrant area filled with trendy bars, multicultural eateries and live music venues, many of which are centered around Saint Emanuel Street. It also features the “Old Chinatown,” located near the GRB.
- Midtown – Adjacent to downtown is quirky, trendy and lively Midtown. It’s one of the city’s most walkable areas, with plenty of art galleries, restaurants and nightlife spots. There are also three METRORail stations.
- Chinatown – An expansive area located in southwestern Houston, home to a thriving community and filled with an abundance of amazing spaces to explore. Whatever event you’re organizing, tell your guests to come hungry! Countless eateries with dim sum, pho and plenty of other options will leave your stomachs happy. And if you want to sing your heart out, there are numerous karaoke bars too!
- Houston Heights – This charming, historic neighborhood is quiet by day, but turns into a nightlife hotspot after sundown. It boasts many excellent bars and funky restaurants. It’s also a good destination for arts and live music. There are bike paths that connect the area to downtown.
- River Oaks – One of the oldest and most high-end neighborhoods, known as the Beverly Hills of Houston. Here, you’ll find plenty of fine dining restaurants, cafés and bars, as well as entertainment venues, including the River Oaks Theater.
- Upper Kirby – Attached to River Oaks, Upper Kirby is a hip neighborhood with plenty of bistros, brunch spots and cool bars. The area also features a number of indie art galleries and live music venues.
- West University – West U is mostly known as the home of Rice University, described as the Ivy League of the South. Quiet and leafy Morningside Drive boasts an array of lunch and dinner spots, laid-back bars and cafés.
- Montrose – If artsy, eclectic and boho vibes are your thing, you’ll like this one. As one of Houston’s hippest neighborhoods, Montrose draws a creative crowd with its selection of live music venues, quirky restaurants, indie art galleries, gay bars and what not!
- Washington Avenue Coalition/Memorial Park – An upscale neighborhood that stretches along Buffalo Bayou, offering a mix of suburban vibes and city life. The area’s Memorial Park is one of the largest urban parks in the country. If you’re here to party, there’s a good selection of wine bars, restaurants and nightlife spots.
- Third Ward – Historically an African-American neighborhood, Third Ward is home to the University of Houston, Texas Southern University, and the beautiful Emancipation Park. You’ll also find a number of great coffee shops and eateries in the area.
- Museum District – Houston’s cultural and artistic epicenter, with a sea of museums, galleries and other cultural institutions. Its tree-lined streets are very walkable and boast great restaurants and fine watering holes. Picturesque Hermann Park is not only filled with fantastic picnic spots, but also boasts the Miller Outdoor Theatre.
Outside the Loop
The areas located outside Loop 610 have more of a low-key and suburban vibe, and most of them will be a perfect fit if you’re looking for a more peaceful location for your event.
- Uptown/Galleria – Located just outside the Inner Loop, this popular area boasts tall office towers, fancy restaurants and some of Houston’s largest hotels. The Galleria is the largest shopping center in Texas – besides upscale fashion stores, it is also home to luxury dining spots and a year-round ice rink.
- Bellaire – Located just a stone’s throw away from downtown, Bellaire boasts a small town vibe, but still offers plenty of affordable restaurants, bars and coffee shops.
- Energy Corridor – A prominent business district, home to modern office buildings and the headquarters of some of the world’s largest companies. The area is surrounded by acres of green spaces, such as George Bush Park. Topgolf is the area’s favorite entertainment venue, and there are some fantastic cafés and restaurants.
- Memorial – Stretching along Memorial Drive is a vibrant residential area with an abundance of beautiful parks and plenty of restaurants and entertainment options for a great night out.
- Clear Lake – or the Bay Area – is a coastal district with amazing seafood eateries dotted all over. It is also known as the home of Space Center Houston. Soak up the sun and enjoy your event with bayside views in the background.
- Sugar Land – A sprawling suburb with a diverse dining scene, great bars and cafés, good hotels and Smart Financial Center, a new high-profile concert hall.
- The Woodlands – A large forested suburb with way more to it than majestic trees. For starters, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center is a great location for weddings, meetings, corporate events and the likes. Cynthia Woods Mitchel Pavilion is an outdoor amphitheater that hosts performances and can be rented out. Apart from that, there’s a slew of restaurants, brunch spots and bars waiting to be discovered.
Want to dig even deeper? Have a look at these frequently asked questions:
How much does it cost to rent an event space in Houston?
The price will depend on a number of factors, such as the size and duration of your event or the venue’s prestige. In general, prices for renting an event space in Houston can range from as little as $15 up to $3500 per hour. Remember that rental fees usually don’t include the costs of catering. Some venues will offer all-inclusive package deals, which typically run from $15 to $92 per person. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Which areas of Houston have the best choice of event venues?
You’ll find the best choice of event spaces in the city’s Inner Loop, i.e. the area encircled by Interstate 610. Obviously, we have to mention the buzzing areas of Downtown and Midtown, which offer a plethora of options for all kinds of events. Areas such as Montrose, Washington Avenue or River Oaks are some of the most popular destinations for partying.
Do all Houston event venues offer catering services?
Most event spaces in Houston will offer in-house catering. Those venues will usually charge per person or operate on the basis of a food and beverage minimum, but you should always ask the venue manager about pricing details. Some venues, on the other hand, will let you use external catering (sometimes they’ll give you a list of preferred vendors). Use Tagvenue’s filters to browse Houston venues that offer catering options that best suit your needs.
What types of event venues can I rent in Houston?
First of all, restaurants upon restaurants! There are so many that you could pick a different one for every day of the year… and you could do that for a few years without running out of options. So, if your event involves eating (and what’s an event with no good food?!), you’re in for a real treat. The Heights, Montrose or River Oaks, among other popular neighborhoods, are bustling with nightlife options, including dive bars, buzzing nightclubs and live music venues. Areas such as Downtown or Uptown boast some of the city’s premier hotels, which also offer function spaces and meeting rooms for a variety of occasions. The city is also known for its broad range of cultural institutions, such as art galleries, studios, theaters and more!
Discover spaces for hire near you
Popular spaces for events of all types in Houston
Breathtaking scenery or a cozy café? You've got it all!
Houston's top open-air venues in one place
Check out these funky venues!
Don't break the bank with these low-cost venues
Let loose and party like never before
Don't miss out on these lovely locations!
Get creative in the city's professional photo studios
Have a blast at one of these stunning venues
Enjoy a good pint and have a whale of a time
Search and book the nicest venues in the city!