Fun never stops at Chicago’s bars! This is why they’re the perfect kind of venue for your next party! Here are some tips on how you can find the perfect place and have the time of your life!
How can I choose the right place for my event?
- Budget. Renting out a unique bar in the heart of Chicago doesn’t have to break the bank. More extravagant spots might lean slightly toward the pricier side but don’t you worry! You’ll actually be surprised by the wide selection of affordable bars the Windy City has to offer. While looking for a place for your upcoming event, keep in mind the budget you’re working with. This way you’ll be able to avoid any sudden surprises when it comes to money during the next steps of your planning process.
- Location. Think of your preferred location and start looking around that area. Each neighborhood brings something different to the table, so explore Downtown’s vibrant bars or check out what the suburbs have to offer. You can use the search filters on our platform and limit your search to just the location you’re really interested in.
- Capacity. Are you looking for a large space where a large group of people will comfortably fit or are you throwing an intimate affair for your nearest and dearest? You can either rent out a booth or the entire place, whatever suits your needs. So put together your guest list and use the search filters on our platform to find a bar that's just the right size!
- Ambiance. The right ambiance can create the party a smashing success. Details such as decor, music and lighting all add up to create the perfect mood and an unforgettable experience. Would you like to choose somewhere modern and sleek or rather go in a completely different direction and book a traditional place serving classics? What kind of music do you wish to be played in the background? Are you looking for a bar serving only cocktails or do you want there to be a dance floor as well? Think about what best suits your vision and needs, then browse Tagvenue to find a place that ticks all the boxes.
- Drinks. If you’re renting a bar for your event, it comes as no surprise that if not you, at least some of your guests will be consuming liquor. Why not focus then on the type of drinks you will be serving during the party? We suggest you think through whether there will be cocktails, mocktails, craft beers or wine! No matter what your final decision is, you’ll find plenty of Chicago bars specializing in any type of drink you can imagine.
What kinds of bars can I find in Chicago?
- Cocktail bars. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic Negroni or an over-the-top mix, cocktail bars in Chicago will take care of you. Staffed by experienced bartenders and mixologists, the city’s spots serve a wide range of drinks that you can enjoy before the dinner meeting or in the wee hours of the night. They’re spread all over the city, so no matter where you’re located, you’ll no doubt have fun.
- Rooftop bars. Whenever the sun is out and the temperatures get warmer, you can be sure that Chicagoans will be out with a drink in their hand. And we can’t name a better place to sip a beverage than high above the streets. Rooftop bars offer not only spectacular views but also delicious cocktails, from craft beers to bespoke mixes. It doesn’t matter what you have in mind, Chicago’s rooftop bars come in all shapes and sizes.
- Speakeasies. The Prohibition era may be long in the past, but Chicago is still home to plenty of underground bars, perfect for sipping cocktails away from big crowds. These tucked-away spots offer intimate settings, as well as cocktail menus dreamed up by some of the world’s top bartenders.
- Wine bars. Chicagoans love handcrafted cocktails and craft beers, but they also have a soft spot for wines. If you’re one of the wine lovers as well, the city’s wine bars are a great option for your next party. Whether you’re in the mood for a glass of bubbles or a soul-soothing pinot noir, it’s safe to say that you’ll be able to fulfil your desire in one of Chicago’s spots. Get ready to swirl and sip in one of the city’s wine bars.
- Gay bars. Even though Boystown is a prominent gay playground, queer-courting bars have spread into many other Chicago neighborhoods. This simply means you’ll be able to find gay bars all over the city, from downtown to Uptown. It doesn’t matter if you feel like dancing or are in the mood for just sipping the drinks, you’ll find the perfect place with Tagvenue’s help.
- Karaoke bars. Pick a song and show off your voice of an angel at one of the karaoke bars in Chicago! Sometimes the best way to blow off the steam after a long day is to take your favorite song, pick up a microphone and belt out the song of your choice! Karaoke bars come in all shapes and sizes, from spacious dive bars to cozy private karaoke rooms.
- Themed bars. While Chicago boasts an extensive range of drinking spots, it is also home to many bars that run on a set theme. Dive into the action in a tropical bar, slurp on delicious cocktails in a games-themed place or bring together minigolf and drinks in an eclectic space.
Are you still searching for ideas? It is not that hard to host a unique event at a bar - you just have to know where to look for inspiration! Fortunately for you, our blog is filled with an array of exciting event suggestions
. Go through the fresh and trendy ideas and your bar meet-up is bound to be a success!
Private Bars in Chicago FAQ
What are the best Chicago areas for a bar rental?
There are quite a few areas around the city boasting fantastic bars! Clark Street is your go-to place for a fun night out in Chicago as it’s full of great places to grab a drink. Lincoln Park and Wicker Park are other neighborhoods that won’t disappoint with their selection of nightlife spots. It goes without saying that you should also have a careful look around Boystown and River North for fun bars of all shapes and sizes.
How much does it cost to rent out a bar in Chicago?
If you’re planning to rent out a bar in the Windy City, you’ll have plenty to choose from. Prices for packages start at $15 per person and can get as high as $100 per person. There are also venues that charge hourly fees - rates vary from $100 to $300 per hour. Rental fees per session in Chicago run from $800 up to $5,500. (Based on data from Tagvenue.)
Can I provide my own alcohol for a party in a rented bar?
In short: “yes”! Some private bars require you to purchase drinks there, but there are also places that have a BYOB policy and allow you to bring your own food and beverages. Before making a booking, ask the venue manager about your options and whether there is a “minimum spend” fee required. If the answer is “yes”, you’ll have to spend a certain amount of money at the bar.
What time do bars close in Chicago?
Most of the places in Chicago close up at 2 a.m., but your night out doesn’t have to end then. You’ll be able to find a few bars that stay open until 4 a.m, but we warn you that finding one will be no mean feat.