When starting the search for your perfect birthday party venue in Birmingham, it’s good to remember about the following things:
- The number of guests – are you after an intimate gathering for your closest friends or looking forward to hosting the biggest birthday bash of your life? Whatever your plans, make sure to choose a venue that’s, obviously, not too small, but not too big either – you don’t want a space you won’t be able to fill.
- The catering requirements – find out if any of your guests have special dietary requirements. Many birthday venues in Birmingham offer extensive vegan, kosher or halal menus. If you feel like preparing the entire birthday menu yourself, double check if the venue allows external catering.
- The venue’s accessibility – nobody wants to have trouble getting to the birthday party venue. Check the public transport links and see if there’s enough parking space near the spot.
Still not sure about your concept for the party? Here are the hottest birthday trends in Birmingham right now:
- Cocktail bars – is there a better occasion to clink glasses together than for somebody’s birthday? Indulge the guests with delightful daiquiris, mouth-watering mint juleps and other specialities. Birmingham attracts attention with the variety of its bars. From busy and vibrant venues on Broad Street to the alternative clubs of Gay Village and Chinatown, the city has it all.
- Victorian pubs – all Brummies love a good pub, but after Birmingham was placed in the spotlight by the show Peaky Blinders, the town’s historic watering holes are even more in demand. As the XIXth century gang members who became the inspiration for the popular BBC drama used to ply in Digbeth, this area is especially popular for Peaky Blinders fans.
- Fun themes – these are not only amazing for kids birthday parties, but for adults as well! Shake, rattle and roll to the catchy tunes of the fabulous 50s or show off your best dance moves at a 70s disco – the choice is yours.
On a tight budget? No problem! We’ve prepared a handful of ideas on cheap birthday party venue hire in Birmingham:
- Aim for dry hire venues – in this case, you only pay for hiring the space. So, you cut down on costs. That leaves it up to you to organize and decide how much you want to spend on the decor and catering. There are many spots like that in Birmingham. The most affordable and versatile ones are community halls. These can be found all over Birmingham, so no matter which districts you’re interested in – you’re sure to find one.
- Look for special offers – many restaurants, bars and pubs in Birmingham offer birthday party packages. These usually consist of food and drinks menus, but may include entertainment options as well (such as cocktail masterclasses). And the best part? Most birthday packages are a great value for money!
- Go off-peak – when it comes to birthday venues in Birmingham, it can be hard to believe how much prices can vary between different times of the day and days of the week. Make sure to check the venue’s full pricing list – you may even spend less by setting the date of your reception on a weekday.
Birmingham boasts a huge number of diverse birthday party venues in different locations. From dance clubs and fine-dining restaurants in the city centre to halls for 18th birthday parties in southern Birmingham, we’re listing a variety of the best spaces in the city. Give it a try and see how quick and easy it is to find the perfect birthday party venue in Birmingham with #tagvenue!