Getting married, celebrating an anniversary or saying goodbye to one of your co-workers? There are many occasions that call for a banquet. The most popular uses for banqueting suites in Birmingham include:
- Asian weddings – banqueting halls that specialise in Asian weddings are a significant part of the Birmingham venue market. Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Chinese weddings are large, one-of-a-kind feasts. The guest lists for these can go up to 800, so it’s no wonder huge banqueting suites are the most popular choice for Asian weddings. Responding to this demand, many banqueting halls in Birmingham work with Asian wedding suppliers, including caterers.
- Themed banquets – medieval banquets are a thing in Birmingham right now, but the possibilities don’t end there. Our favourite ideas for banquets include the roaring 20s, Hawaiian luaus and old Hollywood glamour. Going with fun themes is a brilliant idea for many events, including networking parties, bridal showers and weddings, too! And the best part? No matter which concept you’re after, we’re listing diverse banqueting spaces in Birmingham, so you’re sure to find something that suits your event. From Aston and Digbeth to Edgbaston and Sparkbrook, we know where to spot the best venues in town.
- Outdoor events – during summertime, why not think about banqueting suites with an outside space? Who doesn’t love al fresco dining, Pimms cocktails and sunset champagne toasts? Summer in Birmingham can be wonderful, but it is also short.Take advantage of it while you can! Remember to have a fallback plan for wet weather, too.
When it comes to banqueting events, good planning is everything. Wondering how to take your event planning skills to the next level? Here are a couple of tips and tricks for organising a banquet in Birmingham:
- Consider the size of your guest list – banquet events are usually quite big, but the number of attendees still may vary. Planning an immense celebration for hundreds of guests? Pick from several banqueting suites with capacities for up to 1000 guests. As for smaller feasts, Birmingham offers function rooms of all shapes and sizes. You’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
- Preparing the guest list is crucial for establishing your budget. Write down all your planned spendings and go through them again, so you can decide where you can splash out and where you can cut costs. If your budget is tight, we’re here to help – we know the most excellent and affordable banqueting halls in Birmingham.
- Set a dress code – it’s always better to make it clear than to leave the attendees guessing. For more laid-back receptions it’s OK to go with dressy casual. However, if you’ve chosen to host your event in a majestic banqueting hall, setting a black tie dress code is absolutely justified.
- Choose the right type of banquet service – there are two main types of banquet receptions: stand-up or sit-down. Sitting is more common for formal events (including weddings and other elegant functions). The seating layout you choose plays an important role, too – you can stick to traditional banquet style (long rectangular tables), go with cabaret seating arrangement (separate round tables, perfect for bringing smaller groups together) or U-style (particularly popular in wedding banqueting halls). If the event you’re planning is more laid-back, organising a standing reception might be the right choice for you. This solution is a common choice for corporate events.
- Don’t forget about rehearsals – neglecting this part is one of the most common mistakes. Technical aspects can make or break your event, so make sure everything is buttoned up. Many banqueting halls in Birmingham have an on-site technician that can help you with that.
Banqueting Halls in Birmingham FAQ
What events can I celebrate inside banqueting halls in Birmingham?
Banqueting halls in Birmingham are the perfect place to celebrate various events. From birthdays to anniversaries to retirement parties, banqueting halls in Birmingham are the ideal location for any special occasion. The venues listed on Tagvenue can host large groups or small groups—the size of your event will not be an issue! Create the perfect atmosphere for your wedding, corporate event or any other celebration.
What amenities are available inside banqueting halls in Birmingham?
Banqueting halls in Birmingham offer a wide range of amenities that will enhance any celebration. Venues include sound systems, dance floors, decorations, tables and chairs, AC, and some other things you may need. What else can you expect to find inside? For sure experienced staff members who will assist you with planning your event, including food and beverage selection and decorating ideas for your venue. What else could you possibly need?
Are there unique banqueting halls in Birmingham?
Of course! Birmingham offers cool and quirky spaces for your special events. Since you’re already here, make sure to check out these locales:
- The Great Hall at Aston Hall - In this beautiful space you will feel like you’ve stepped back in time. The Great Hall is a fab space for taking photos, as is the rest of the building and the outdoor area. The whole space looks like it’s stepped out of the history books. Invite up to 80 people and watch everyone gasp in awe as you celebrate your event in these unique surroundings.
- The Grand Gallery at Fazeley Studios - The space actually used to be a chapel and dates back to the 1870s. The place can be decorated in various ways, and it’s perfect for different types of networking events. The venue even offers catering–make sure to take a look if you wish to spend time inside a unique and spacious event space!
- The Grand Hall at The Grand Station -Tthis historical landmark is bound to suit your unique expectations. This fab venue was actually a train station, but after being closed for around 30 years, it has been transformed into a venue unlike no other. The venue offers Christmas and Wedding packages so make sure to check them out before you book anything else!