Getting married, celebrating an anniversary or saying goodbye to one of your co-workers? There are many occasions that call for a banquet. The most popular uses for banqueting suites in Birmingham include:
- Asian weddings – banqueting halls specialised in Asian weddings are a significant part of the Birmingham venue market. Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Chinese weddings are large, one-of-a-kind feasts. The guest lists for these can go up to 800 guests, so no wonder huge banqueting suites are the most popular choice for Asian weddings. Responding to this demand, many banqueting halls in Birmingham work with Asian wedding suppliers, including caterers.
- Themed banquets – medieval banquets are a thing in Birmingham right now, but the possibilities don’t end there. Our favourite ideas for banquets include roaring 20s, Hawaiian luaus and old Hollywood glamour. Going with fun themes is a brilliant idea for many events, including networking parties, bridal showers and weddings, too! And the best part? No matter which concept you’re after, we’re listing diverse banqueting spaces in Birmingham, so you’re sure to find something that suits your event. From Aston and Digbeth to Edgbaston and Sparkbrook, we know where to spot the best venues in town.
- Outdoor events – during summertime, think about banqueting suites with outside space. Who doesn’t love al fresco dining, Pimms cocktails and sunset champagne toasts? Summer in Birmingham can be wonderful, but it is also short.Take advantage of it while you can! Remember to have a fallback plan for wet weather, too.
When it comes to banqueting events, good planning is everything. Wondering how to take your event planning skills to the next level? Here are a couple of tips and tricks for organising a banquet in Birmingham:
- Consider the size of your guest list – banquet events are usually quite big, but the number of attendees still may vary. Planning an immense celebration for hundreds of guests? Pick from several banqueting suites with capacities for up to 1000 guests. As for smaller feasts, Birmingham offers function rooms of all shapes and sizes. You’re sure to find one that fits your needs.
- Preparing the guest list is crucial for establishing your budget. Write down all your planned spendings and go through them again, so you can decide where you can splash out and where you can cut costs. If your budget is tight, we’re here to help – we know the most excellent and affordable banqueting halls in Birmingham.
- Set a dress code – it’s always better to make it clear than to leave the attendees guessing. For more laid-back receptions it’s OK to go with dressy casual. However, if you’ve chosen to host your event in a majestic banqueting hall, setting a black tie dress code is absolutely justified.
- Choose the right type of banquet service – there are two main types of banquet receptions: stand-up or sit-down. Sitting is more common for formal events (including weddings and other elegant functions). The seating layout you choose plays an important role, too – you can stick to traditional banquet style (long rectangular tables), go with cabaret seating arrangement (separate round tables, perfect for bringing smaller groups together) or U-style (particularly popular in wedding banqueting halls). If the event you’re planning is more laid-back, organising a standing reception might be the right choice for you. This solution is a common choice for corporate events.
- Don’t forget about rehearsals – neglecting this part is one of the most common mistakes. Technical aspects can make or break your event, so make sure everything is buttoned up. Many banqueting halls in Birmingham have an on-site technician that can help you with that.