Birmingham, the birthplace of Cadbury’s chocolate and HP sauce, is a world-famous foodie destination. The city has been awarded five Michelin stars so far – which is truly impressive – but there’s much more to its restaurant scene.
When it comes to private dining, Birmingham is trendsetting. Want to know the talk of the town right now? Here are the most popular private dining ideas in Birmingham:
- Al fresco dining – If you’re lucky to be organising your dining event in one of the warmer months, make the most of it. How about a rooftop dinner or a terrace treat? We know the best Birmingham restaurants with open-air spaces, from good old English gardens to rooftop dining venues with stunning views.
- Supper clubs – This trend has been taking over Birmingham lately, and it’s hardly a surprise. The main idea behind a supper club is to combine the best parts of a fine dining experience and a laid-back dinner with mates into one event. This means you can indulge in top-notch nosh in a relaxed atmosphere and spend much less than in an upscale restaurant. What’s not to love?
- Going local – The lion’s share of the West Midlands is used for agriculture, so why not give the local produce the love it deserves? It makes a lot of sense to choose a dining venue that sources seasonally and locally. This option is environmentally friendly, delicious and, to top it all off, usually created with consciousness and passion.
Looking for an ideal private dining room for hire in Birmingham? All the searching and planning can be challenging. We’re making it easier for you –here’s a short list of the most important things you should consider:
- The type of cuisine – Are you after an Indian restaurant specialising in aromatic curry dishes (don’t forget Birmingham is famous for balti and boasts the best balti houses in the UK), a buttery five-star French spot or a quaint Mexican cantina serving tasty tacos and quesadillas? With the wide choice of private dining venues in Birmingham and our insider knowledge you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect space.
- The size of the space – Organising a dining party for 20, 30 or maybe just for 2 people? Make sure the private dining room you’ve picked is able to accommodate all the guests. On the other hand, if you’re organising a dinner for 10, there’s no point in hiring a space that’s able to accommodate twice as many. Luckily, with #tagvenue finding the perfectly sized spot for your event is as easy as pie. We’re listing both small private dining rooms and big, spacious ones.
- The special dietary requirements – It’s crucial to get to know your guests before the event. Ask in advance if any of them will need halal, kosher, gluten-free or vegan fare. If yes, then make sure the private dining venue (or the external caterer, in the case of dry hire private dining venues) is able to fulfil their needs.
When starting the search for your perfect birthday party venue in Birmingham, it’s good to remember about the following things:
- The number of guests – are you after an intimate gathering for your closest friends or looking forward to hosting the biggest birthday bash of your life? Whatever your plans, make sure to choose a venue that’s, obviously, not too small, but not too big either – you don’t want a space you won’t be able to fill.
- The catering requirements – find out if any of your guests have special dietary requirements. Many birthday venues in Birmingham offer extensive vegan, kosher or halal menus. If you feel like preparing the entire birthday menu yourself, double check if the venue allows external catering.
- The venue’s accessibility – nobody wants to have trouble getting to the birthday party venue. Check the public transport links and see if there’s enough parking space near the spot.
Still not sure about your concept for the party? Here are the hottest birthday trends in Birmingham right now:
- Cocktail bars – is there a better occasion to clink glasses together than for somebody’s birthday? Indulge the guests with delightful daiquiris, mouth-watering mint juleps and other specialities. Birmingham attracts attention with the variety of its bars. From busy and vibrant venues on Broad Street to the alternative clubs of Gay Village and Chinatown, the city has it all.
- Victorian pubs – all Brummies love a good pub, but after Birmingham was placed in the spotlight by the show Peaky Blinders, the town’s historic watering holes are even more in demand. As the XIXth century gang members who became the inspiration for the popular BBC drama used to ply in Digbeth, this area is especially popular for Peaky Blinders fans.
- Fun themes – these are not only amazing for kids birthday parties, but for adults as well! Shake, rattle and roll to the catchy tunes of the fabulous 50s or show off your best dance moves at a 70s disco – the choice is yours.
On a tight budget? No problem! We’ve prepared a handful of ideas on cheap birthday party venue hire in Birmingham:
- Aim for dry hire venues – in this case, you only pay for hiring the space. So, you cut down on costs. That leaves it up to you to organize and decide how much you want to spend on the decor and catering. There are many spots like that in Birmingham. The most affordable and versatile ones are community halls. These can be found all over Birmingham, so no matter which districts you’re interested in – you’re sure to find one.
- Look for special offers – many restaurants, bars and pubs in Birmingham offer birthday party packages. These usually consist of food and drinks menus, but may include entertainment options as well (such as cocktail masterclasses). And the best part? Most birthday packages are a great value for money!
- Go off-peak – when it comes to birthday venues in Birmingham, it can be hard to believe how much prices can vary between different times of the day and days of the week. Make sure to check the venue’s full pricing list – you may even spend less by setting the date of your reception on a weekday.
Birmingham boasts a huge number of diverse birthday party venues in different locations. From dance clubs and fine-dining restaurants in the city centre to halls for 18th birthday parties in southern Birmingham, we’re listing a variety of the best spaces in the city. Give it a try and see how quick and easy it is to find the perfect birthday party venue in Birmingham with Tagvenue!