Private Dining Rooms Hire Guide
Birmingham, the birthplace of Cadbury’s chocolate and HP sauce, is a world-famous foodie destination. The city has been awarded five Michelin stars so far – which is truly impressive – but there’s much more to its restaurant scene. Hiring a private dining room in Birmingham can truly elevate your upcoming event!
Private dining ideas in Birmingham
When it comes to dining, Birmingham is trendsetting. Want to know the talk of the town right now? Here are the most popular concepts:
- Supper clubs – This trend has been taking over Birmingham lately, and it’s hardly a surprise. The main idea behind a supper club is to combine the best parts of a fine dining experience and a laid-back dinner with your mates into one event. This means you can indulge in top-notch nosh in a relaxed atmosphere and spend much less than in an upscale restaurant by booking a private dining room. What’s not to love?
- Going local – Eateries that use local produce are an extremely trendy choice right now, so why not book a private area at one of them? The lion’s share of the West Midlands is used for agriculture, so there’s plenty of Birmingham dining spots that make use of it. It makes a lot of sense to choose a private restaurant room that sources seasonally and locally. This option is environmentally friendly, delicious and, to top it all off, usually created with consciousness and passion.
- Victorian pubs - Another way to experience Birmingham’s authenticity is to head to one of its historical public houses. In the city, you’ll find many pubs with private function rooms and semi-private dining areas where you can enjoy the hearty fare and delicious ales. If you’re looking for a place with an unmatched atmosphere and filling food, there’s no better place to go!
Private dining rooms for events
Don’t private dining venues sound like a fantastic option? If you’re enticed by these convenient event spaces, but unsure if what you have in mind can be hosted there, keep on reading! Some of our favourite events that are a great fit for dining rooms include:
- Birthday parties. If you’re looking for a space to feast, drink, and celebrate the passing of yet another year, consider hiring a private dining room for your birthday!
- Anniversaries. Whether it’s your wedding, an important milestone, or any other kind of anniversary, there’s no better way to celebrate than at a dinner party with your loved ones.
- Get-togethers. Sometimes you just want to gather all of your friends and have a good time, and we totally understand that! Whether it’s a large group or intimate dining for two in Birmingham, restaurants with private dining rooms are always a good place to spend a pleasant evening.
- Tasting events. If you want to try some new foods or drinks and explore cuisines you never have before, there’s no better place to do that than Birmingham’s private tasting rooms!
- Office parties. Treating your coworkers to a feast to celebrate a company success or throw an unforgettable Christmas party is always a good idea! Birmingham’s restaurants with party rooms are super popular among corporate customers.
- Business meetings. You can hire private dining rooms for meetings, too! Discuss important matters with your clients or board members in privacy while enjoying a hearty meal.
- Weddings. Celebrate your marriage with something delicious! In Birmingham, there are many unusual private dining venues that will make your reception unforgettable with the fare and the atmosphere. Think banquet halls and opulent suites!
Picking the best private dining room in Birmingham
Looking for an ideal private dining room for hire in Birmingham? All the searching and planning can be challenging. We’ll make it easier for you – here’s a short list of the most important things you should consider:
- The type of cuisine – Are you after an Indian restaurant specialising in aromatic curry dishes (don’t forget Birmingham is famous for balti and boasts the best balti houses in the UK), a posh five-star French spot or a quaint Mexican cantina serving tasty tacos and quesadillas? With the wide choice of private dining restaurants in Birmingham and our insider knowledge you’ll have no trouble finding the perfect space.
- The size of the space – Organising a dining party for 20, 30 or maybe just for 2 people? Make sure the private dining room you’ve picked is able to accommodate all the guests. On the other hand, if you’re organising a dinner for 10, there’s no point in hiring a space that’s able to accommodate twice as many. Luckily, with Tagvenue finding the perfectly sized spot for your event is as easy as pie. We’re listing both small private dining rooms and large, spacious ones.
- The special dietary requirements – It’s crucial to get to know your guests before the event. Ask in advance if any of them will need halal, kosher, gluten-free or vegan catering. If yes, then make sure the venue (or the external caterer, in the case of dry hire private dining venues) is able to fulfil their needs. You can use our smart search filters to check what the restaurants with event spaces are offering!
- Convenient location - You don’t want your guests to have trouble reaching the dinner location! We recommend checking the public transport links available in the area and making sure there’s enough parking space if anyone is coming by car. In some cases, you might also want to check the entrance to the venue itself. Would any of your guests struggle with walking up a long flight of stairs?
Are you ready to enjoy your time and dine in a private space in Birmingham? We know you won’t regret it! Start browsing the listings, compare photos, read guest reviews and find an option that suits your budget. The perfect private dining room might be just a few clicks away!
Are your dinner events getting a bit too repetitive? Why stick to the same formula when you can implement a couple of new and exciting ideas! Take a stroll through our dinner inspirations
and read up on some savvy tips to turn dining out into something phenomenal!
FAQs about Private Dining Rooms in Birmingham
How much does it cost to hire a private dining room in Birmingham?
Many private dining rooms in Birmingham operate on minimum spend, which usually ranges between £150 and £3,000. With this option, you're not paying for using the space and just agreeing to spend a set amount of money on food and drinks during your event, so it's very convenient and affordable! Hire fees are another very common pricing method in the city, with prices ranging anywhere from £60 up to £4,000 per session. If you want your event to have a set menu for all the guests, you should consider booking a private dining package. In Birmingham, they begin at £15 per person and usually stay under £50. (All data from Tagvenue.)
How can I hire a cheap private dining room in Birmingham?
Being on a tight budget doesn’t have to stop you from organising an amazing private dining event! If you’re struggling to figure out a way to make it more affordable, that’s totally okay. We’ve prepared some ideas to help you save money when hiring a private space:
- Look for minimum spend venues. As we’ve mentioned before, these spaces don’t require any hire fees! Spend your money on a good meal and don’t worry about anything else. Many restaurants, pubs, and bars with function rooms in Birmingham offer that option. Just remember to make sure there are no additional costs involved!
- Find special offers. Many eateries and pubs in Birmingham offer food packages for specific occasions, including birthday parties or Christmas parties. These options are very convenient, because use of the space and a set menu are included in the price!
- Get off the beaten track. This might include hiring an event room on an off-peak date and time or branching out to some unconventional options. Another good way of saving some cash is to choose an affordable private dining spot a bit further away from the city centre, in less-frequented locations!
Which areas of Birmingham are best for private dining venue hire?
As soon as you mention private dining in Birmingham, Brindleyplace immediately springs to mind! This famous canalside street is renowned for its array of dining and leisure options, filled with restaurants offering international cuisine. If you want to head to a well-loved and popular area, it’s your best choice! The City Centre is always a great destination, with its buzzing Temple Row that offers amazing food hotspots. There are many top-rated restaurants and other private dining spaces in Digbeth and Gas Street Basin. For those looking to try some delicious Asian cuisine, head to Chinese Quarter! Central locations in Birmingham are the richest in dining options, but you’ll also have plenty of choice if you choose to move a bit further away from the hustle and bustle. There are some great locations in Jewellery Quarter, Newtown, and the Gun Quarter.
Are there any large private dining rooms in Birmingham?
If you need a space to fit a crowd in Birmingham, you’re in for a treat! Some of our favourite private dining rooms perfect for large group dining include:
- Gusto Italian - located in the heart of the city, just a couple of minutes away from Birmingham Snow Hill railway station, this cosy and charming restaurant can fit up to 110 guests for a sit-down event or 200 for a standing reception. It’s an amazing choice for Italian cuisine lovers and fresh food enjoyers!
- Garden Suite at Birmingham Botanical Gardens - the Edgbaston suburb is home to this vast room perfect for large dining events! It can seat up to 432 guests or fit 500 standing. If you’re looking for an elegant space for group dining in Birmingham in stunning and calm surroundings, it’s your go-to!
- The Bierkeller - doesn’t digging into authentic regional food and beer straight from Germany sound wonderful? This atmospheric space in the Chinese Quarter can fit up to 250 people, so gather your dining crowd and enjoy!