On the lookout for a function room for hire in Birmingham, but not sure which area you should consider? We’re listing some of the most sought-after areas for event hire below:
- Birmingham city centre – Well, it’s the heart of all the action! Central areas of Birmingham are in huge demand. For example, Colmore Business District is one of the top picks for corporate events, including conferences, lectures and team building sessions.
- Broad Street – The magnet for all fun-loving Brummies. Broad Street is an exciting destination for hen nights, cocktail masterclasses and private parties of all kinds. If you’re organising an elaborate party that’s meant to go off with a bang, this is the place!
- Brindleyplace – Located just off Broad Street and a short walk from New Street Station, Brindleyplace is a picturesque canalside development. After the sun goes down, all the vibrant cafes and restaurants of the district come alive. Why not hire one of them for your next event?
- Digbeth – This one is famous for Custard Factory – Birmingham’s striking creative hub. The alternative ambience of the district makes it a popular choice for hip events, such as pop-up showcases and art workshops. If a quirky function room in central Birmingham is what you’re after, Digbeth is probably the right pick for you.
- Selly Oak – Located just a stone’s throw from the University of Birmingham, Selly Oak is an interesting suburb inhabited by a multicultural population. The district boasts a large number of restaurants and bars, many of which offer function rooms for hire.
The variety of functions rooms for hire in Birmingham is tremendous, so it’s no surprise choosing the perfect one for your event can be overwhelming. Our venue experts have created a rundown of useful tips for function room venue hire. Make sure to check them out:
- Start by creating a list of all the facilities you may need – This will help you make the right hire choices. For example, if you’re expecting guests from other cities and countries, you might want to focus on function rooms in Birmingham hotels, as this option already includes the accommodation, and therefore helps you save a lot of time and effort.
- Always ask for earlier access – You’re going to need some time to prepare the function room for your event. Estimate how long it will take you to set up the right seating layout, decorations and other crucial aspects, then ask the venue manager if you can arrive earlier to prepare everything.
- Read the venue’s terms and conditions carefully – This is particularly important when you’re looking for a function room for parties. Double check if the space you’ve picked accepts loud music events and get familiar with the room’s alcohol policy, too. If you feel like partying until the sun rises, it’s always better to ask if you should apply for a Temporary Event Notice for your function. Last but not least: when searching for a function room for your wedding ceremony, remember to confirm if the space has the right wedding licence.
Searching for a function room for hire in Birmingham, but your budget is a little tight? Don’t stress it – we know some useful tricks for cheap venue hire:
- Go off-peak – The prices of functions rooms in Birmingham tend to rise on the weekends. By hosting your event on a weekday you may end up paying a much lower venue hire fee. Sometimes this rule applies to the catering as well. For instance, numerous private dining rooms in Birmingham restaurants have lower minimum spend requirements during the week.
- Take the roads less travelled – As we’ve mentioned before, some neighbourhoods of Birmingham are particularly popular for function room hire, which obviously results in higher rates. We don’t limit our research just to those areas. Apart from the top names, our collection features lesser known venues, hidden local gems that are waiting to be discovered. And the cherry on top? They’re usually much cheaper!
- Choose community spaces – Many community centres in Birmingham offer function halls for hire. These usually are more affordable than other types of function rooms. What more? Community halls can be found all over the city, from Great Barr to Longbridge.