Whether you’re after something central near the New Street railway station or a convention centre somewhere in Greater Birmingham, with Tagvenue finding the perfect conference space is as easy as 1-2-3. Here’s what you need to consider while looking for a venue:
- The venue’s size – Pick a space that’s not too small (and not too big) for the number of attendees you’re expecting. We’re listing both large conference and events centres and smaller conference rooms, so you’re sure to find something for you – no matter if you’re inviting 30 or 3000 guests.
- Accessibility – With our smart search engine you can easily find conference venues with disabled access. Make sure to check the conference venue’s transport links and parking facilities nearby.
- The event date – Having a few dates in mind makes it much easier to find a venue that’s available at that time. Also, check whether there are other major events taking place at the same time. For example, if you’re organising a tech meetup you don’t want it to overlap with a hackathon in the same city.
- Extra facilities – Go through your conference’s agenda and note all the features you may need, such as screens, whiteboards, flipcharts, audiovisual equipment etc. Ask the venue manager in advance which facilities they can provide.
Apart from its location, one of the reasons for Birmingham’s popularity as a conference destination is its diversity. The city’s conference venues come in all shapes and sizes. The most popular ones include:
- Birmingham hotel conference venues – Quite often the attendants come from abroad, so it’s a common practice to look for conference venues with accommodation. Responding to this demand, numerous hotels in Birmingham offer conference facilities for hire. Many of them are home to state-of-the-art restaurants, too – so you can arrange a conference dinner to remember.
- University conference venues – Widely known as a student city, it’s no surprise Birmingham boasts a huge choice of university conference venues. Lots of them are beautiful, historical buildings with a unique charm. These spaces are good for more than just academic activities– they make a great fit for business meetings, too.
- Birmingham Airport conference facilities – Birmingham Airport is one of UK’s busiest airports, serving more than ten million passengers annually – and the numbers are rising rapidly! It’s no surprise conference facilities close to this major transport hub are in big demand. Many of them are hotel venues that offer accommodation as well.
- Large conference venues – Planning a massive function, and your guest list keeps growing longer and longer with every passing day? With #tagvenue you’re sure to find a Birmingham venue that’s big enough for your needs. Our picks include conference halls and lecture theatres.
Good planning is essential when it comes to hosting a successful business conference, design meetup or any other gathering. Here’s our list of essential tips for organising a world-class conference in Birmingham:
- Set your main objectives – First, answer yourself: what is the number one purpose of your conference? Focus on it and keep it in mind while deciding on all aspects of the event, including choosing the right conference venue. Birmingham has many diverse spaces – with our expert knowledge and smart search engine you’ll easily find one that meets your expectations.
- Give the audience some time off – This may not seem obvious at first, but breaks are essential for maximum productivity. To make this possible, Birmingham conference venues usually offer designated breakout spaces. Schedule several minutes of rest every 60-90 minutes – the attendees will thank you for it.
- Take care of every technical detail – Reduce the risk of errors by having a rehearsal before the event. Most conference venues in Birmingham allow you to arrive several hours in advance and check if everything is working properly.