First things first – no matter if you’re after a large corporate Xmas bash or a small holiday dinner for a startup company, there are several aspects things worth keeping in mind when planning a Christmas party:
- The sooner, the better – some of the best Christmas party venues in Birmingham are already booked out in September or October! The earlier you start looking, the more choices you have. On the other hand, no need to worry too much if you’re a bit late – we know how to find last minute Christmas party venues in Birmingham as well.
- Notify the guests in advance – remember that the end of the year can be really busy for many people, so it’s a good practice to send out the invitations as soon as you’ve set the date.
- Food, glorious food – do you prefer traditional Christmas puddings and turkey roasts, or are you after something unique and contemporary? Apart from the year-round offers, many venues in Birmingham come up with special Christmas party menus, so there are many choices available at this time of the year. Also, don’t forget to ask the guests about their special dietary requirements. If there are any (ex. vegan, halal etc.), make sure the venue can cater to them.
Short on ideas? Don’t worry, we know what’s on-trend. Here are the hottest 2021 Christmas party ideas in Birmingham:
- Karaoke – let your hair down and have a fantastic time unleashing your inner divas. For when it’s cold outside you’ll want to stay inside and warm up those vocal chords. Mix sing-along pop songs with Christmas classics for all-around entertainment.
- Black tie Christmas party – Christmas is a brilliant occasion to suit up. Why not take advantage of it and throw a truly elegant reception? Birmingham boasts a wide selection of luxurious restaurants and gorgeous banqueting suites, perfect for black tie receptions.
- Masquerade – inspired by old Italian traditions, masquerades are no less fun than they were hundreds of years ago. What makes them so popular? It’s the combination of uncertainty and surprise. Ask your guests to arrive in disguise and see how many of them will be able to recognise each other! Now that’s a Christmas party to remember.
- Winter Wonderland Christmas party – silver and blue colour palettes, snowflakes, glitter and shine. An occasion for a fairy-tale celebration like this happens just once a year!
- January Christmas party – this alternative has been becoming more and more popular recently. Why not meet when the rush and craziness of December is over? A Christmas party in January is a fine way to kick off the New Year with your teammates. And the best part? Most Christmas party venues in Birmingham are much cheaper in January, so it’s a good idea to cut down on costs, too.
The city of Birmingham covers an extensive area, so picking the neighbourhoods you’re interested in can be a demanding task. Need some ideas? Here are the most sought-after Christmas party locations in Birmingham:
- City centre – not surprisingly, the heart of Birmingham is in huge demand for corporate end-of-the-year receptions. Choose from the historical buildings of the Jewellery Quarter, charming canalside spots in Brindleyplace or the vibrant venues on Broad Street. No matter if you’re planning an upscale culinary experience or dancing the night away with your mates, the centre of Birmingham surely has something to offer for you.
- Edgbaston – located a bit further from the hustle and bustle of the big city, Edgbaston has its own unique vibe. Home to the University of Birmingham, this affluent district is popular for upscale corporate Christmas parties. In this area, the venues in close proximity to Hagley Road are in particular demand.
- Birmingham International Airport – a popular choice for international company Christmas parties. The Birmingham airport area is home to several hotels with ballrooms and halls, perfect for hosting corporate receptions for guests from abroad.