We understand that planning an event can be a handful, that is why we compiled some of our trusted tips and tricks to aid you in this process:
- Style – Does the event space match the feel you want for your event? If it does, great! If not, look elsewhere if possible.
- Capacity – Make sure that the venue that you choose will be able to hold the number of guests you are inviting! It’s true that you can usually plan on having 10%-20% fewer guests than you invite. But you still want the room just in case more people come than you expect.
- Weather – Keep the weather in mind as you choose the right venue for your event. Some venues are much better suited than others for rain and inclement weather.
If you do choose an outdoor venue, have a backup plan in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Not exactly sure what the pricing of event venues is? That's what we're here for! Take a look at these three most common pricing models:
- Many Manchester event venues charge a hire fee rate; this is one flat rate fee for the usage of their facility. With hire fee pricing, you can usually choose if you want to rent the space for a half day or a whole day. The hire fee in Manchester for event spaces ranges from £100 for a short session to £2400 for an entire day.
- The per person price structure is often used for event spaces that also cater to your event. The per person price range for event spaces in Manchester is £25-£80 per person.
- Minimum spend rates in Manchester range from £200-£2000 depending on the duration and size of the space you wish to rent. Minimum spend is an excellent way to pay since you don't actually pay for the space itself, you just commit to buying a certain amount of food and drinks as a group.
So many interesting locations it's too hard to choose? Here are some of the most popular locations and districts for event spaces in Manchester:
- Salford – Salford Quays has a lovely cultural atmosphere and entertainment district with stunning architecture and dozens of waterside dining venues. It is a prominent location for events of all kinds, including some neat industrial event spaces near Manchester.
- Spinningfields – Located near the city centre, Spinningfields is a neighbourhood that bumps right up to the River Irwell and hosts many Manchester hall event spaces. Parks like Hardman Square can even become event space venues for your party in Spinningfields!
- Northern Quarter – This trendy neighbourhood is home to a ton of vibrant street art, hip bars, and unique private event venues. Northern Quarter has many popular restaurants and some of the city’s coolest music venues. No matter what kind of event you need to throw, you’ll find a great spot for it in the Northern Quarter, Manchester.