Almost any type of venue can be a good choice for a Christmas party depending on how you are going to decorate it. There are however types of Christmas Party Venues that won Tagvenue’s customers’ heart. What types are they?
Popular types of Christmas Party venues in Manchester:
- Spaces in Manchester city centre – from eye-catching venues near Deansgate, King Street or Princess Street to secret spots you wouldn’t notice at first sight. We’re listing the best Christmas office party venues in the centre of Manchester. No matter if you’re looking for a cosy pub or a dry hire function room, we know where to find it.
- Bars – a classic option that never disappoints. Manchester has a good deal of bars, and we know how to pick the ones that are perfect for corporate receptions.
- Christmas party on a barge – feel like going for a festive canal trip? Christmas parties on boats are a thing in Manchester. We know where to find the best offers for Christmas canal cruises.
- Art gallery – works of artwork wonderfully as a backdrop for special celebrations. The elegant vibe and unique ambience of Manchester art galleries make them a popular choice for Christmas party hire.
- Restaurants – Chefs in Manchester prepare exclusive menus for Xmas Parties every year. Whether you’re after merry mince pies, traditional puddings and gingerbreads or more contemporary Christmas cuisine, we’re sure to help you find a restaurant that will fit with your concept.
- Christmas party venues in Greater Manchester – being one of the UK’s largest metropolitan areas, Greater Manchester offers a wide variety of Christmas party venues, from manor houses to all kinds of banqueting halls.
Christmas party ideas for Manchester:
- If you’re after an alternative Christmas party, try searching in the Northern Quarter. Venues there are as unique as the area itself – a perfect option if you want a Christmas party with an interesting vibe.
- Manchester has a rich culinary scene. How about going for a Christmas party lunch? At Tagvenue we’re listing the best Mancunian restaurants with private dining rooms, many of which are perfect for corporate receptions. Plenty of venues offer special Christmas party menus, too.
- Home to big bands such as Oasis, The Smiths and Bee Gees, Manchester is known for being an exceptionally musical city. No wonder karaoke Christmas parties are a hot trend here! It’s a brilliant occasion to sing your heart out to both classical carols as well as today’s top hits.
- Themed Christmas parties are now a thing in Manchester. Need inspiration? Think of a 20’s style Great Gatsby winter evening on the town or an ugly Christmas sweater bash. Also, movie themes (Home Alone, Grinch) never get old – and if you’re after something eccentric, we suggest The Nightmare Before Christmas.
How to organise a Christmas party in Manchester – tips & tricks:
- The earlier, the better – the best Christmas party venues in Manchester book out months in advance. The sooner you decide to start looking, the more choices you have. It’s better to have a few potential event dates in mind – this increases your chances of finding what you want. Remember to send out the invitations a few weeks in advance, too.
- Good things come in small (or bigger) packages – as mentioned above, many of Manchester Christmas party venues have special offers for the holiday celebrations. Such packages usually consist of special (often bespoke) Christmas food and drink menus. Sometimes decor, entertainment and event manager services are included as well. And the best part? By choosing Christmas party packages you can save a lot – we know how to find the best deals in Manchester.
- Music can make it or break it – a fun Xmas playlist is essential for a successful Christmas party. For laid-back staff Christmas parties play upbeat holiday pop songs, while for upscale dining pick a soft Christmas jazz backdrop. Remember to make your set long enough, too – don’t bore your guests with listening to the same short mixtape over and over again. If you don’t feel like creating your own playlist, you might want to hire a DJ specialised in Christmas parties – they know how to please the crowd.
- Decorations create the atmosphere – there are some things that Christmas can not go without. They are part of tradition that we just cannot ignore. What does every Christmas party need to build a true Christmas atmosphere? Some Christmas lights, a mistletoe, a doorwreath, themed napkins and tablecloths and of course you shouldn’t forget about - Christmas Tree!
- Convenient location – when organising a Christmas party, bear in mind the location where the party is going to happen. The venue should be somewhere close to all the guests or if the first option is not possible - close to public transport hubs. The venue should be convenient and accessible for everyone attending so that you will not have to wait for ages for people who had to come through hill and dale.
Christmas Party Venues in Manchester FAQ
How much does it cost to hire a christmas party venue in Manchester?
The minimum spend to hire a smaller space for a Christmas party can range from £50 to £200. If the space is larger, the minimum spend can range from £300 to £2000. Depending on the size of the space where your party is held, the hire fee can vary between £50 and £2000. (All data from Tagvenue.com)
How far ahead before the Christmas party should I book the venue?
You should start to look for a venue approximately 3 months before the event. If you want to make sure your favourite venue won’t have been booked by the time you decide on it, you should make a decision and finalise your booking about a 1,5 to 1 month before the Christmas Party.
Where in Manchester can I find the best christmas party venues?
Our ‘Supervenues’ are venues rated the highest by Tagvenue’s customers are located in Northern Quarter, Spinningfields, Piccadilly and Ancoats. Customers have praised them for excellent communication with venue managers, friendly staff, excellent location and delicious catering. So if you are looking for a well-tried venue, take a look at those locations.
Is it possible to cancel the booking?
It is, however, bear in mind that in some cases you will not get a full refund. We always recommend checking the cancellation policy of the venue before signing and contact the venue manager to discuss the details.