Mancunians are really proud of their city’s pub heritage. It’s no wonder they love to celebrate all important occasions (e.g. birthday, stag parties and leaving dos) in pub function rooms! This option allows you to enjoy the pub’s ambience but at the same time have a little privacy, as you usually have the function room all to yourselves. Wondering how to choose the best pub function room for your event in Manchester? We’re happy to help!
What to consider when choosing the perfect spot for your party:
- The capacity of the function room – How many guests are you expecting? Make sure the function room of your choice is able to accommodate them all! Manchester is full of awesome pubs offering function rooms in all shapes and sizes. We’re here to help you pick one that will make the best fit.
- Available catering options – Would you like to have the pub’s in-house team arrange the food menu, or would you rather use external catering services? If it’s the latter, make sure the pub of your choice allows this option. Last but not least, if any of your guests have special dietary requirements, be sure to mention that to the pub’s manager. Many Manchester pubs have gluten-free beers on offer and they’re happy to arrange a bespoke food menu if needed.
- BYO alcohol – It’s obvious that a pub has an extensive choice of lagers, ales and IPAs on offer, but you might want to bring your own liquor anyway. If that’s the case, make sure to ask the pub’s manager if they’re OK with it.
How much does it cost to hire a pub function room in Manchester?
- Most pubs with function rooms in Manchester price their spaces with a minimum spend. This means you’re supposed to spend a set amount on drinks and/or food, while you’re not paying a single penny for hiring the function room itself! This usually makes a fantastic value for money – you would’ve paid for refreshments anyway, right? Minimum spend rates usually start at around £500 per evening and can go up to several thousand pounds. Keep in mind that prices tend to go up on weekends.
- If a BYO event is what you’re after, the pub function room of your choice is likely to be priced with a hire fee. This amount includes the costs of using the space only and, in case of pub function rooms in Manchester normally ranges between £200 and £800.
- Some pubs offer special event packages, which normally include a set food menu and a choice of beverages. In this case, if you’re after some extra pints (and that’s highly likely to happen), you need to pay for them separately. The cost of a basic package is usually between £25 and £40 per person.
The most popular locations for private parties in a pub in Manchester include:
- Manchester city centre – The narrow streets and alleyways of Ancoats and the Northern Quarter are full of hip pubs with quirky function rooms for hire, while the very centre of Manchester boasts a wide range of taprooms with a cult status.
- Middleton – This Greater Manchester neighbourhood is known for Victorian pubs with function rooms loved by the locals.
- North Manchester – From Prestwich and Bradford to Clayton and Moston, we know all the best pubs with function rooms north of the Manchester city centre.