Did you find the venue you’re going to rent for your wedding, but want to make sure you didn’t miss anything? Keep in mind the following details:
- Licences. Be aware that certain licences are required for a wedding. Make sure the venue you are considering has the necessary licences. For example, make sure the site has a wedding licence. Another critical licence that may be needed, especially for alternative weddings in Manchester, is an alcohol licence.
- Catering. Do you want the in-house catering team to handle everything for you or are you going to organise it yourself? Also, look at what the in-house catering consists of and if you can bring anything yourself. Some places don’t allow you to bring your own (BYO) alcohol.
- Capacity and setting. It’s important how many guests fit into the venue, but that depends mostly on how you’re going to arrange everything. Classroom style (most used for weddings) already cuts the overall capacity in half. Make sure you look at the available layouts and which best fits your needs.
- Accessibility. Last but not least, there might be a lot of guests who come by car. Some unconventional wedding venues in Manchester include on-site parking facilities, but others don’t. If most of your guests travel with public transportation, make sure the place is close to a train, bus or tram stop.
The cost of renting a unique wedding venue in Manchester depends on the pricing model. Tagvenue provides a clear overview of the various prices below:
- Wedding offer. Some venues offer packages for special events like weddings. In Manchester, the prices start at £500 for the room fee and £,1800 for the package that includes a full day room hire, arrival drinks, half a bottle of wine per person, three-course breakfast, disco, and free parking.
- Minimum spend. Spend a minimum amount at the bar and you get the venue for free! The minimum spend rates for Manchester wedding venues start at as little as £500 per session.
- Hire fee. Hire fees for unique and quirky wedding venues in Manchester range from £30 per hour to £2,000 per day.
- Per-person package. Packages per person vary from £20 to £60 per guest per day. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Unusual Wedding Venues in Manchester FAQ
What are some of the unusual wedding venues in Manchester?
- Revolution Manchester Gallery at Science and Industry Museum. The museum captures the spirit of innovation that has always been a driving force in Manchester, paying homage to it and offering guests a view into some of the city’s most significant historical moments and its unmatched legacy of groundbreaking inventions. This venue offers a unique setting for weddings, with a contemporary design that lends itself to an ultra-modern celebration.
- Oddfellows On The Park. This Victorian mansion is situated on the vast grounds of Bruntwood Park, a space with no equal in its beauty. It offers plenty of rooms, a destination restaurant and bar, and spaces for events with unbeatable views. The parkland surrounding the hotel provides guests with beautiful scenery from each room and an opportunity to explore acres of magical greenery. This building's peaceful atmosphere contributes to the sense of history that surrounds its interiors and creates an enchanting setting for an unusual wedding celebration.
- Hard Rock Cafe. With memorabilia from rock legends like Elvis Presley, Jimi Hendrix, and more, it is one of the most popular destinations for weddings of rock and roll fans. If you and your partner are both music lovers and prefer a casual atmosphere, this is the perfect place to celebrate your union. The restaurant's chefs can create a variety of delicious dishes for your reception, so don't worry about guests eating only burgers. It's not a traditional backdrop for weddings, but it can be an excellent choice for couples who want to get married in a fun and unique setting.
What’s the best time of year to hold a wedding in Manchester?
The best time of year to plan a wedding in Manchester is during spring when temperatures are mild and flowers are blooming—making for beautiful photos. Summers tend to be hot and humid, making it difficult for guests to enjoy themselves; autumn can also be problematic as it comes with unpredictable weather conditions that could ruin your big day.
How far in advance should I book an unusual wedding venue in Manchester?
We recommend booking your wedding venue at least 9-12 months in advance. This will ensure that you have the best options available. But don't worry: there are plenty of gorgeous venues that are able to accommodate you with less notice than that, but they may not have the specific date you want. In addition, it's a good idea to hold your wedding during off-peak season, as this can give you more options and cut the cost of hiring your wedding venue.
How do I know if the wedding venue is available on the date I want?
You should pick the date you want before you look into more specific details of the venues. If you don’t know the date yet, you can ask if the company will hold certain dates until there’s interest from someone else, or ask if you can arrange things with a deposit.
Can I play music at the wedding reception?
The answer to this question varies per venue. Some allow loud music/events, while others don’t. If you want music, make sure you check if the place has equipment available for you to use.