When hunting for wedding venues in East London that won’t break your budget, consider some of the many options in the following districts:
- Barking. Bustling and up and coming area of London, The area offers many exciting hotels, and restaurants, including some near the Essex riverside.
- Hackney. Well known for its canal, and expansive parks such as London Fields, Dalston Eastern Curve Garden, and Clissold Park. You can also be sure to find great and inexpensive restaurant venues for your wedding, look at Richmond Rd or Queensbridge Rd for some great choices.
- Redbridge. An often overlooked part of London, with both natural beauty and urban awesomeness. Its green spaces are dominated by Wanstead Flats, part of the ancient Epping Forest. Check out the High Road for some great pubs.
- Havering. A once-rural district known for its suburbs and close proximity to London via easy public transport. The area has several golf clubs available for hire for a larger wedding reception with a limited budget. Check out the restaurant scene, especially around Highstreet near Hornchurch.
- Waltham Forest. An area known for its artistic vibe means that a lot of studios - which can be great for inexpensive weddings - can be found here. Check out Hoe St in Walthamstow for a wide selection of restaurants and cafes. Higham Hill Park and Langford Park offer some great options also.
Consider restaurants, breweries, or pubs for their cheap venue hire. You might also book a community hall or a public space. If you are looking to organize an Indian wedding, these could be a great option as these venues could be decorated to your own taste. Also, take a look at terraces, parks, or garden spaces, these could offer a cheap option for your wedding if the weather cooperates.
Affordable Wedding Venues in East London FAQ
How much does it cost to hire an affordable wedding venue in East London?
Some affordable venues in East London may cost as little as £500-£1,000 per session or £50-£150 per hour. You can find wedding venues in East London that offer per-person packages at around £50-£100 per guest. For minimum spend venues, expect to pay at least £1,000-£1,250 per session. If you want to host your wedding at an affordable price—this is a good starting point. However, the cost of hiring an affordable wedding venue in East London can vary depending on your needs. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Can you recommend any affordable wedding venues in East London?
- Function Suite at The Dickens Inn. The Dickens Inn is a truly unique venue located in the heart of Marble Quay. The 18th-century pub and restaurant have been restyled and reconstructed to provide an outstanding venue for weddings and other special occasions. The real crown jewel of The Dickens Inn is its function room. It's a top-notch events space with an additional area for al fresco drinking and a self-contained bar beautifully finished in a style that enhances its historic atmosphere. The room also has the capacity to accommodate up to 150 guests for music and dancing until midnight. It's the perfect wedding venue for couples who want to have a wedding that is out of the ordinary but still affordable. Give this venue a shot and you won't be disappointed.
- Main Space at MKII. If you are looking for a blank canvas venue where you can create your dream wedding on a budget, then this is a place for you. This massive 4000 sq foot space on Powerscroft Road is brimming with character, thanks to its concrete flooring and walls that offer a range of textures and details. With the main hall, front hall gallery, side room, makeup/changing area, kitchen, and bathrooms at your disposal, you will have plenty of space to make your wedding vision a reality. The venue is also rich in natural light, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for wedding photographs. With a capacity of up to 110 guests, the space is perfect for intimate gatherings and can be easily transformed into whatever setting you desire. Don't hesitate—this is a spacious wedding venue you won't want to miss!
- Lakeview Suite at Regents Lake. Nestled by the tranquil waters of the lake, this gorgeous venue at Bow Wharf is a true gem of a wedding venue. With its elegant chandeliers, tasteful decor, and charming brick walls, this space exudes sophistication and class. But what really sets the Lakeview Suite apart is its spacious mezzanine with a balcony that offers breathtaking views of the ground floor below. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by loved ones, with the shimmering lake as your backdrop and the twinkling chandeliers overhead. With a capacity of up to 350 guests, there's plenty of room for your friends and family to join in on a celebration that's straight from a fairy tale. So if you're looking for an affordable venue that's both stylish and spacious, this is the way to go. Don't miss out on this dreamy setting for your big day!
How early should I book an affordable wedding venue in East London?
It is a good idea to start looking for a wedding venue at least 9-12 months in advance, especially if you have a specific date in mind and are hoping to find an affordable venue in a popular location like Canary Wharf or Shoreditch. This is because popular venues can book up quickly, especially on weekends and during peak wedding season. To increase your chances of finding an affordable venue in East London, you may want to consider booking a weekday wedding, especially Mondays through Thursdays, or getting married during the off-peak season like fall and winter months. You may also want to consider venues that are slightly less popular or less well-known, as these may be more affordable.