Our diverse collection of private dining rooms span the most impressive areas of Melbourne, so you’re sure to find one that meets all your needs. And the cherry on top? We like to make your life easier and have listed our very own tips below for your convenience. Happy planning!
- Ask the manager to help you with the selection – Don’t hesitate to ask about à la carte, set menus or tailor-made packages and be open for suggestions. The people responsible for organising private dining events in Melbourne know their way around the table. Your venue’s event planner will be happy to help you create a very special menu and choose the wines to match.
- Remember to check the venue’s rules – Keen on bringing your own liquor or want to order at the bar? Make sure the dining room of your choice allows BYO alcohol or has a licence. In the case of BYO, additional charges may or may not apply. Don’t hesitate to ask the venue manager, they’re sure to explain everything to you.
- Take care of the details – A private dinner makes an excellent occasion to get creative! It is a good idea to have the seats assigned to each of the guests and mark them with beautiful little name cards – a nice detail to begin with, isn’t it? Have a closer look at the private dining space you’re interested in and make the right use of it. You can add your own extra touches with the cutlery, tableware and other elements of the decoration. Aside from the food, the interior and the setting are some of the factors that leave people talking. Don’t miss the opportunity!
On a tight budget? Don’t sweat it. We know how to find the best cheap private dining rooms in Melbourne:
- Choose a less popular district – Some areas of Melbourne are particularly popular for private dining, which means the prices tend to be higher, too. With Tagvenue however, finding hidden gems becomes much easier. We’re listing amazing private dining rooms for hire in all parts of the city, so check them out – you never know what you’re going to discover!
- Pick a small dining room – If you’re organising an event for a limited number of guests, there’s no need to go overboard. Melbourne is full of small private dining rooms for intimate functions, and we know the best ones!
- Focus on special deals – Some restaurants in Melbourne have special package offers that make excellent value for money. You’ll find plenty of these on our platform – we’re also describing them in further detail below.
So, how much does it actually cost to hire a private dining room in Melbourne? We’ve got the answers based on our platform data. Check them out below!
- Some venues offer a minimum day spend option which typically starts at $250 and can range up to $8000 so depending on how many seated or standing guests you have, this option could be for you.
- If you’re considering alternative options such as cocktail nibbles, a five-course chef's tasting menu or dinner from a set menu, prices typically range between $45-$165 per head giving you the flexibility to choose what’s best for your event.
- When searching for BYO private dining rooms, some will be available with no additional charge, however others typically range between $4.50 per person to $20 per bottle.
If you’re looking for private dining room options in Melbourne then there are plenty of spectacular locations to choose from. Get inspired and take a look at the most popular locations below!
- CBD – Located in the heart of Melbourne with excellent transport links, the CBD is a hotbed of activity. Home to glitzy and glamorous streets it’s no wonder this area is one of the most popular locations to book a private dining room. Meander your way through its cobbled streets and here you’ll find no end of restaurants with cuisine from every part of the world. Choose from quirky basement areas or elegant dining rooms and find yourself surrounded by stunning backdrops of this vibrant city.
- Eastern Suburbs – Affluence, culture and history rolled into one, the eastern suburbs of Melbourne are definitely worth considering for your private dining experience. The Yarra range in particular also known as the wine region is famous for its rolling hills and picturesque scenery featuring luxury boutique resorts so you’re sure to drop lucky here. Alternatively, why not check out Boroondara located just a few kilometres east of the CBD which is home to colourful markets, charming parks and of course inviting, modern private dining rooms ready to host your event.
- Port Phillip Bay – Full of relaxed beachside restaurants and elegantly designed dining rooms, Port Phillip is the ideal spot for your private dining event. With a number of venues offering magnificent panoramic views of the city and tranquil waters, it’s no wonder this fabulous spot is on the list. Jam-packed with restaurants you’re sure to have a memorable time with a package that suits you.
Along with our tips, tricks and hints we’ve also covered some really useful and common Q&A subjects for private dining rooms in Melbourne to give you more inspiration for when you find a suitable venue. Take a look and save even more time with Tagvenue!
What are the best restaurants with private dining rooms in Melbourne?
When looking for the best restaurants with private dining rooms in Melbourne it’s good to do some research from well-known sources with credible reviews. These are sure to give you a good idea of the type of service and quality to expect. Check out Tagvenue.com along with other popular review site trip advisor to get a real feel of what’s best for you. Alternatively, take a look at the list put together by the TimeOut team which is packed full of detailed reviews of the best private dining rooms in Melbourne.
Where can I find the BYO private dining rooms in Melbourne?
When looking for BYO option specifically, we recommend using Tagvenue’s smart filter. This will allow you to be selective in your search and see all of the listed BYO options in one place.
I haven't arranged this type of event before, where can I get more advice on hiring a private dining room in Melbourne as I’m not sure where to start?
Planning a private event can be a doddle with Tagvenue. Not only can you select the specifics from the filer but you can also ask one of our venue experts. They’ll take some essential information about the event you’d like to plan and get back to you with some great options.