The Council Chamber at Museum of the Order of St John
About this space
Dating from 1504, the Council Chamber has an evocative and intimate atmosphere. The windows are beautifully set with Whitefriars Glass and the walls are panelled with plaques to the memory of Knights and Dames of the Order of St John.
On either side of the Council Chamber, the Gate’s towers contain a sixteenth century spiral stair that survived the Great Fire; the Library with its remarkable collection of manuscripts and incunabula; and the Malta Room, furnished with pieces from the grand palaces of Valletta and Mdina and with seventeenth century panoramas of Valletta’s fortifications. Venue hire can include private tours of the Gate’s historic rooms.