About this space
Kunstraum is a well-proportioned space for photography and film shoots, exhibitions, live music events, talks and screenings. For daylight events, it's a very light and airy space with windows on three sides of the building and skylights overhead. The space can be full blackout using window and skylight covers and 27 running meters of heavy Molton black-out curtain.
– Please note for live music events we require a full day booking to allow for the time required to set-up and clean after the event –
We have a wide range of equipment for different uses of the space including: film and photo lighting systems; a very powerful high-quality sound system and sound desk; stage lighting with an overhead lighting rig and lighting control desk; woodworking equipment for making exhibitions or building sets; and various furniture, plants and props.
We regularly work with a large team of professionals in our community and will happily recommend a team for your project!
Film/photo equipment we provide:
– 2 x Bowens Gemini Pro 500 Watt flashes + universal trigger
– 3 x Godox SL150 II LED continuous Light
– 1 x Bowens 140 x 100cm soft box
– 1 x Bowens 100 x 100cm soft box
– 2 x Bowens 60 x 85cm soft boxes
– light modifiers: snoot, fresnel lens, honeycomb grid reflector (20°, 40°, 60°)
– 3 x medium duty lighting stands
– 2 x C-stands
– 4 x polyboards and stands
– 2 x E-image GH05 fluid head video tripod
– 1 x Manfrotto 055 Tripod with 141RC head
– Colorama background support system
– Black or white 2.7m Colorama paper always in stock. Other colours in stock subject to availability: light grey, cherry (red), Chroma blue, mandarin (orange), Sunflower (light orange/yellow). Paper is free if undamaged and £10 per meter otherwise.
– We can order specific colour rolls for a minimum charge of £30. Same day collection may be possible but ordering ahead is ideal.
* Find a description of some more equipment we provide in our About section including a Panasonic PT-DZ770 full HD projector *
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
Kunstraum is located in a residential area so we have a strict 11pm curfew and we ask event organisers to make sure their guests vacate the surrounding area after this time to prevent disturbance to our neighbours. For film and photo shoots you can continue working until midnight.
In order to ensure Kunstraum is a safe space for the public, for all events we ask that hosts have a designated person in charge of the the door and a plan in place to deal with any security situations in case they arise.
We ask everyone who uses Kunstraum to agree to our community contract which holds that: To join Kunstraum’s community you must respect all of its members; this community rejects all forms of discrimination, including racism, sexism/ misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and discrimination of class, religion, belief or age.
Cancellation policy: Very flexible
Cancellations up to 24 hours from event start time will receive a full refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 24 hours are non-refundable.
Reviews and ratings
(22 reviews and ratings - )
The location is perfect, Thomas is very helpful and friendly. Our event had held successfully and the guests are very pleased.
Ideal size for what we needed and flexible space
Thomas was amazingly helpful, he stayed with us the whole day helping us set everything up and giving advice too. He let us use high-quality audio and video equipment and helped us install it too. The venue is tidy and clean, in a great location and big enough for the event I put together, Thomas is trustworthy and available. I would definitely consider the venue again!
If I had to really say anything negative it would be the fact that given that I booked the venue in summer and there's no air conditioner at the venue we felt the heat a little. However, the event was held in the evening and nobody complained about it!
Very lovely space, versatile, and with good energy. Comes with excellent sound and visual - PA, projector, screen. Venue manager is very helpful.