About The Old Library
Part of the Zellig Group, the Old Library has been in operation since 1990. The original library first opened as one of Birmingham’s 5 free libraries in 1866, it is now the only one still standing.
The public library’s doors closed to the public in 1940 and remained closed until 1990 when the dilapidated space was bought alongside the Bird’s Custard Factory and lovingly refurbished by Bennie Gray. The building was then leased to another company from 2004 until August 2017 when it has been returned to its original owner.
3 Rooms and Event Packages for Hire at The Old Library
The Old Library Gallery
The Old Library Ratings and Reviews
- Great communication both pre-event and during the event.
- clear price plans and packages
- Nice location
Catering was spot in, tasty food and brilliant presentation. Timings were prompt.
Staff were attentive, only a couple of times in the day when could not be found.
Tables were laid out as agreed and dressed well. Venue is beautiful and our requests to open and close blinds at different times of the day were attended to.
Venue was clean.
Couple of the toilets in the ladies were broken and a little dangerous. This was acknowledged when pointed out.
The microphone was temperamental. The battery was dead when passed to us to use and even after being replaced it did appear to keep going on and off.
The Old Library Location
Find a similar venue in Birmingham
Just type what you are looking for and click search