Not sure where to start with your planning process? Here are some tips from our team to set you on the right track:
- Location – Since a cocktail party is traditionally a commitment of only a couple of hours, you don't want to make your guests go all the way across town in the afternoon traffic. Find a venue that is easily accessible to all the people invited and your party will be a blast.
- Food – If you wish to serve some appetisers with the cocktails, make sure to check out the menu of your desired venue beforehand to see if they can provide that service. If not, you can contact the manager and ask if you can bring in your own appetisers. Last but not least, don't forget to include non-alcoholic drinks for the designated drivers!
- Theme – This can mean decorations, dress code and also the drinks! Many bars offer a cocktail of the night deal that is cheaper than the normal price would be. Let your imagination run wild and come up with an original and fun theme to make your cocktail party even more memorable!
Lacking inspiration? Take a look at some of the best cocktail party ideas to use in Melbourne:
- Retro charm – If you were looking for a reason to bust out old, hilarious outfits from the previous decade, we can give you one – have a retro-themed party! Combine all your favourite songs in the ultimate throwback playlist and enjoy the ambience.
- CubaLibre – Want to feel like you're dancing to the rhythm of salsa in Havana without buying an expensive plane ticket? Enjoy a range of rum-based cocktails at a Cuba-themed party with exotic tunes in the background.
- Movie theme – Whether you enjoy Sex in the City or James Bond, a well planned movie-themed cocktail party is a great choice. Sip on cosmopolitans while you gossip or have a vodka martini, shaken not stirred, and become your favourite character for the night.
Check out some of the most popular locations for cocktail party venues in Melbourne to help narrow your choices:
- CBD – Despite CBD being mostly a business-oriented area, it’s not all work and no play. The area has an abundance of cocktail party venues of different kinds. From elegant lounges to fun bars, you can find something to your liking in a matter of just a few clicks with a cocktail in your hand.
- Docklands – This is an area crowded with waterfront views that will elevate any cocktail party. It’s much cheaper than the city centre while maintaining the diversity of venue types.
- Southbank – If you want to relax on a terrace near the river, Southbank is the perfect pick for you. Classy and with a view, what else could you want?