On the lookout for the one and only wedding reception venue to celebrate tying the knot, but not sure where to start? We’re more than happy to share our expert knowledge on with you.
These tips will help you find and book the venue of your dreams:
- Establish your guest list – Are you planning an intimate cocktail wedding party for 20 guests or a huge bridal bash for 200? It’s best to start all the planning from writing down the list of attendees. This will help you decide on the final budget and the size of the space you’ll be looking for. Melbourne is full of wedding venues in all shapes and sizes, and we’re ready to help you find one that’s just right.
- Check how many people are going to need a place to sleep – Expecting a lot of guests coming from different parts of Australia or from abroad? You might want to consider hiring a hotel venue – there are heaps of amazing ones in the CBD, Docklands and other popular areas in Melbourne. This way you’ll have both the accommodation and the reception sorted in one place. Sounds convenient? We think so!
- Think what would suit you best – Don’t be afraid to step off the beaten track to make your wedding reception unique and truly personal. Need a bit of inspiration? If you and your other half are huge wine geeks, you’ll love a winery wedding reception. Local cabernet sauvignons and chardonnays plus a stunning backdrop for photography – sounds dreamy, doesn’t it? Melbourne is full of unusual venues and with Tagvenue you’re sure to find one that feels like it’s been tailor-made just for you.
The opportunities look wonderful, but let’s get down to the really important question: how much does it really cost to hire a wedding reception venue in Melbourne? We’re here to clue you in:
- A large number of venues are priced with a hire fee. The range is quite wide here, as the hire fees depend on multiple factors, especially on the size of the venue and its location. Hiring a wedding hall in Melbourne may cost between $1000 for a smaller space in the suburbs and $5000 for a bigger wedding reception venue in a more sought-after area.
- Another option are venues with a minimum spend model. This means you’re not paying a single dollar for using the space, you just need to spend a set amount on food and drinks. Sounds like a good deal, doesn’t it? Minimum spend rates for wedding receptions in Melbourne largely depend on the size of the party and usually range between $4000 and $10000.
- Last but not least, many venues in Melbourne offer all-inclusive wedding reception package deals! The prices per person normally start at $50 and can go up to $150.
Wondering which part of Melbourne would make the best fit for your wedding reception? Check out this list of our favourites:
- Port Melbourne – Here’s where you’ll find the city’s most sought-after waterfront wedding venues. Beautifully tucked between the Yarra River and Port Philip Bay, Port Melbourne is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a wedding reception with views that will leave your guests talking for months.
- Brighton, Victoria – This beautiful coastal suburb is the ultimate beach wedding destination! Easy to reach from the centre of Melbourne (just a short drive from the CBD), Brighton is an affluent area which boasts its own unique vibe. The famous colourful bathing boxes on Dendy Street Beach make a fantastic spot for wedding photos!
- Epping – There is one thing that makes Epping a particularly special suburb– it boasts several rolling hills with a stunning view of the Melbourne skyline. It’s also very close to Melbourne airport, which makes it the perfect location for a wedding reception if many of your guests will be arriving by plane.
- Melbourne CBD – Keen on getting hitched in the very heart of Melbourne? With us you’ll discover the best urban wedding reception venues hidden in the iconic alleyways of the CBD.