Leave the hard work for someone else this year and treat your family to a holiday feast prepared by the experts. There are plenty of great places serving delicious festive food and boasting unique ambience around the whole Windy City. And best of all, there will be no fights over who has to do the dishes!
Why should I host my Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant?
- Save time. Hosting dinner in a restaurant can be a life saver for anyone who’s really busy. You just have to arrange some details with the venue but don’t have to spend plenty of time planning everything, then cooking the feast and serving the food during the party. You can simply focus on entertaining everyone.
- Save unnecessary stress. It may happen that the time leading up to holidays causes you lots of stress. There’s a lot to think about and even more to prepare. And then there is the risk that your guests won’t like what you’ve prepared. Save yourself any unnecessary stress and host your Thanksgiving dinner this year in one of Chicago’s restaurants.
- Spend quality time with your nearest and dearest. When hosting any kind of party in a rented venue, you don’t have to take care of every detail and can actually enjoy the time with your guests. Having meals together helps foster relationships and since you won’t have to worry about cooking or serving, you’ll be able to fully focus on your nearest and dearest.
Thanksgiving is an awaited holiday every year, but it also comes with a basket of decisions and anxieties about what to serve, how to set the table in a unique way or whom to invite. But don’t you worry, we’ve prepared a short list of tips on planning a Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant so that you have everything set in advance and can enjoy the holiday feast to the fullest.
How to choose a venue for my Thanksgiving dinner?
Choosing a restaurant for your holiday celebration is a great idea! Now it’s time to take a look at some details that you should consider before booking the space for your next Thanksgiving dinner.
- Set the budget. As the first step, you should estimate the amount of money you’ll be able to spend on the venue. This will determine the shape and size of your festive dinner. Once you know how much you can spend, feel free to use the search filters on our platform and browse the places that match your requirements. The budget for the venue is one thing, but don’t forget about food and beverages! Some restaurants offer all-inclusive packages, whilst others may charge for space rental and catering separately.
- Prepare a guest list. The next important thing is considering who you would like to invite to your Thanksgiving dinner! So think carefully through who cannot be missed and put together a guest list. Once you know the estimated number of people attending the party, you’ll be able to pick a perfect-size restaurant. If you’re hosting a large group, make sure there’s plenty of room to accommodate everyone comfortably. The same goes for an intimate affair - make sure you don’t overspend for a space that’s too big for your party.
- Decide on the type of venue. The most popular place to host a Thanksgiving dinner is a restaurant where you can expect professional service, great meals paired with delicious drinks and a festive setting. But if you’re into unconventional ways of celebrating, you can rent out an apartment or a loft where you’ll host your Thanksgiving dinner. In such a case, you’ll have to remember to either hire an external caterer or prepare the whole fest yourself.
- Choose the menu. You may go for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or choose something completely different, according to your preferences and dietary restrictions. If you feel like putting a fun twist on your holiday feast this year and swapping the conventional dishes for some innovative ones, you’re in luck! Chicago is home to many multicultural restaurants serving cuisines from every corner of the world. But before you make any final decisions, remember to ask other attendees about any food allergies or other restrictions.
- Pick the location. We recommend you focus on a location that’s easy to find and convenient to access. Make sure that there are parking spaces or public transport stops nearby. The North Side has everything you may be looking for, from Michelin-starred restaurants to relaxed spots serving international cuisine. You can also have a look around Chicago’s buzzing downtown area and check out its plethora of multicultural restaurants, vibrant bars and nightlife spots. Feel free to search in the suburbs as well, but pay extra attention to the area’s accessibility.
- Schedule a viewing. If you’ve already found a potential venue for your party and are very close to making the final decision, get in touch with the venue manager and schedule a viewing of the place. Seeing the venue in person will help you determine whether it’s the right fit for your event based on the place’s size, decor, ambience and other details. If everything's the way you wanted it to be, go ahead and book the pace for your Thanksgiving dinner!
Thanksgiving Restaurants in Chicago FAQ
Are Chicago restaurants open on Thanksgiving?
In short: “yes”. There are plenty of places open on Thanksgiving Day all over the city, most of them popular chains of restaurants. But if you’re thinking of hoting a Thanksgiving dinner for your friends or extended family, do it prior to the date! Book a place on the weekend before the holiday and gather all of your nearest and dearest for a wonderful feast. Scroll through our platform to find many restaurants that will happily accommodate your Thanksgiving party.
Where in Chicago can I find the best restaurants serving Thanksgiving food?
You can find plenty of great restaurants all over Chicago. Start your search in West Loop, as well as New Eastside, both areas filled with numerous elegant eateries. Hyde Park or Lincoln Park are best known for their diverse dining scene. Logan Square features cool restaurants, while River North boasts luxe spots.
How much does it cost to rent a restaurant for a Thanksgiving dinner in Chicago?
Chicago is home to plenty of restaurants serving all kinds of food and suitable to all purses. You can rent a place charging for each attendee where prices vary from $16 to $92 per person. Other places charge fees per session - these prices start at $250 and can get up to $5000. (Based on data from Tagvenue.)
What are some of the best Chicago restaurants for a Thanksgiving dinner?
Have a look at our recommendations and host your Thanksgiving dinner in one of them:
- Bar Sol - Fantastic service, unique ambiance and outstanding food - that and more you’ll be able to experience in Bar Sol’s Main Ballroom. It’s a private dining space where any family (or friends) dinner will be a special one.
- Blüm Restaurant & Bar - Upstairs Lounge at Blüm Restaurant & Bar is not your typical private dining space. You’ll have a chance to spend some amazing time in a candlelit room and feast on delicious dishes while enjoying some great music.
- Pilot Project Brewery - If you're looking for a unique option ideal for a Thanksgiving dinner, you have to check out this venue in Logan Square. You and your guests can eat a delicious meal and enjoy craft beer in this elegant yet urban setting!