Affordable Wedding Venues Rental Guide
Throwing a wedding on a budget? Although slightly challenging, it's totally possible. From keeping your guest list down to decorating an affordable wedding venue by yourself (or picking up timeless dishes from the thrift shop or Goodwill), there are tons of ways to keep your wedding affordable while still feeling like an A-list celebrity. All those little details add up, so you have to be mindful every step of the way before renting an affordable wedding venue in Atlanta.
Because you’re going to spend a considerable amount of your budget on the venue, this is one of the most important things you should focus on. Don’t worry if it seems overwhelming. Here at Tagvenue, we provide a fast and easy way to match people with budget-friendly wedding spaces. With our curated list of popular and affordable wedding venues in Atlanta and a handful of extra budgeting tips, you'll be planning the wedding of your dreams in a heartbeat (without breaking the bank!)
9 money-saving tips for your wedding
We understand that planning your dream wedding can be stressful as well as expensive. Don't worry! We've got some creative ways to help you save money on your big day and still make it the beautiful bridal celebration that you’ve always imagined. With a few small adjustments, you'll be able to put together the wedding of your dreams and find your ideal spot from our selection of affordable wedding venues!
- Determine your budget. Before anything else, it is best to set a wedding budget and determine how much you are willing to spend. This will help guide your wedding planning decisions so that you can make the best choices for both your wallet and your dream celebration when picking THE one from affordable wedding venues in Atlanta. While you’re figuring out the number you’ll be comfortable with, don’t forget to think about all the costs: venue rental, catering, entertainment, decorations, accommodation for guests, etc. With a solid budget, you’ll surely find a reasonably priced bridal space!
- Be flexible with your wedding date. Scope out “off” times. If you are willing to have your event on a Friday or Sunday (or even a Thursday if you don’t mind getting married in the middle of the week!), you will save on the venue cost. Of course, it may be tricky for out-of-town guests to make a date, as they will most likely have to ask for time off from work. We suggest looking for venues in off-peak seasons for weddings, such as winter, when many budget-friendly wedding locations are willing to offer even lower rates.
- Be mindful of your guest list. This seems like an obvious option, as event venues for smaller guests are typically less expensive, but it is more than just inviting fewer people. You will also save money on food and drinks by cutting down on the number of guests! The same goes if you’re looking to rent an affordable wedding venue with accommodation for out-of-towners.
- Choose an inexpensive bridal venue. Believe it or not, Atlanta boasts plenty of the best affordable wedding venues. And you will find even more options to unlock when you use the previous tip and opt for a more intimate wedding. Romantic patios, elegant restaurants with private rooms, chilled bars with speakeasy vibes – this and so much more is waiting for you on Tagvenue. All you have to do is set your price range, scroll through our results, and book your favorite venue in a matter of a few clicks!
- Have your ceremony and reception at the same location. You won’t have to pay for renting two separate spaces and in addition, this will also help you cut down on transportation costs as you won't need to travel from one place to another in between the ceremony and reception. So, explore the options for versatile and affordable wedding venues!
- Plan a buffet dinner instead of a sit-down dinner to save on table setup costs! Plus, buffets allow for more mingling among guests, creating a more casual atmosphere! Bringing your own food and buying alcohol in bulk, instead of relying on the options provided by the venue, can also be a good way to save some cash. But first, check whether your venue allows external catering and BYOB.
- DIY your way to a beautiful wedding. There are many aspects of a wedding that can be done yourself. Whether it's putting together favors or invitations, DIY-ing can save a lot of cash! There are many resources online, such as Pinterest or Instagram, where you can find unique DIY ideas for your wedding. The internet is where you can also find affordable décor and supplies. Or, maybe your friends or family have something that you could reuse?
- Book your vendors ASAP. If a venue isn’t all-inclusive, you'll want to ask ahead of time how much it will cost to bring in your own vendors. Some cheap bridal venues will give you a free hand to choose your own suppliers, while others will provide you with a list of their preferred vendors. If you don’t want to have to worry about all of this, use Tagvenue to find Atlanta’s affordable wedding venues with all-inclusive packages. It’s not that hard to find an attractive deal.
- Don't be afraid to negotiate! It never hurts to try! Our final tip is self-explanatory. Don’t hesitate to reach out to venue managers – many of them will be willing to negotiate and provide custom offers that will cater to your needs. Even if they don’t budge, well, you don’t lose anything. But instead, you may gain the chance to host the wedding of your dreams at a stunning bridal venue without going broke!
FAQs about Affordable Wedding Venues in Atlanta, GA
How much does it cost to rent a cheap wedding venue in Atlanta?
Renting affordable wedding venues in Atlanta can cost you from $400 to $6000 per session or from $100 to around $330 per hour. If you’re looking for less expensive options, definitely look into affordable wedding venues with all-inclusive package deals. Those typically range from around $20 to $65 per person. Many inexpensive bridal locations also operate on the basis of a food and beverage minimum spend, which can be as little as $460 or reach over $10,000. The F&B minimum is usually calculated based on the number of guests, so you shouldn’t have to worry about reaching that amount. (All data from Tagvenue.)
What are the best affordable wedding venues for rent in Atlanta?
Check out some of our favorite picks of reasonable bridal venues:
- Memories Event Space - You'll love this venue if you're looking for an affordable blank canvas venue for your wedding! You can pick one of their fantastic wedding packages and turn the space into your dream location to get married around Atlanta. It's located in Johns Creek.
- Mutation Brewing Company – How about a barbecue restaurant with an original design, a wide selection of in-home brewed beers, and a kitchen on-site? The team at Mutation Brewing Company specializes in celebrations big and small and will ensure your wedding day is as unique as you’ve always imagined. Located in Sandy Springs.
- Georgia Palms and Gardens LLC – Book the outside garden for an intimate wedding ceremony, or book the inside area if you’re planning a larger reception. Bright interiors and original tastes make this venue a remarkable place for your special day. Located in Powder Springs.
Which parts of Atlanta offer the best choice of affordable wedding venues?
Downtown Atlanta is filled with fantastic options for a wedding ceremony and reception, from casual restaurants to rooftop lounges, with many budget-friendly bridal venues among them! Neighboring Midtown also has a fair share of spaces ideal for your big day. If you’re into hip vibes, check out the wedding venues in East Atlanta Village or Virginia-Highland. And if you’re looking for something a little further away from the city’s core areas, try places such as Decatur or Avondale.
Are there affordable outdoor wedding venues in Atlanta?
Yes! With its mild weather, Atlanta is a great place to look for affordable wedding venues for outdoor bridal events. Naturally, there are plenty of open-air venues to host you and your guests on your special day. First of all, there are wonderful green spaces all around the city, such as The Foundry Ruins, where you can rent an event space for your alfresco wedding. Atlanta’s numerous patios, terraces, and even rooftops are also at your disposal. For example, Mutation Brewing Company has a small rooftop bar that you can rent. We can also recommend the unique Roswell Historic Hall.