Most popular venues in Boston
Global brands and 200,000 users trust Tagvenue
Most popular event spaces in Boston
Find first-rate restaurants Boston has to offer
Boston offers diverse dining options, from upscale restaurants to charming diners, pleasing all food lovers.
Rent the most exciting party venues that Boston has to offer
In Boston, the party never stops with a plethora of bars and clubs ready to light up the night.
Book the best business venues in Boston
Whether you're planning a large conference or hosting an office party, Boston offers many venues for all your business needs.
Discover top event spaces across the USA
Planning an event in the near future but not sure where to start?
Check our tips and ideas!
Organising a corporate event can be stressful, especially if you’re new to event planning. We're here to help with some of our favourite tips!
Throwing a bachelorette party for the bride-to-be and need some inspiration? Don't miss out on our list of ideas and activities that will make your party one for the books!
Celebrating another year around the sun and want to do something extra? Choose from our list of creative birthday ideas and throw an extraordinary party!
Here's a list of cheap birthday ideas that will make you look like a rock star on your special day without putting too much stress on your budget.
If you're trying to master shooting in natural light, this guide will help you navigate all lighting scenarios and get the best shots.
Want to get the most our of your next team meeting? We have some ideas to shake it up and increase your team's engagement and productivity.
Looking for new ideas on how to throw a successful fundraising event? Read our article, get inspired, and then watch those donations roll in!
Throwing a surprise birthday party is a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of work. How do you keep it a secret? Read our blog post and learn our top tricks.
You only turn 30 once. Why not celebrate the milestone with a photo shoot? Check our top ideas and feel like a star on your birthday!
Are you planning your first photo shoot and feeling a little anxious? Here's everything you need to know to make your work a smooth process.
The planning process is exciting and fun, but can get overwhelming at times. We know, we've been there. Check out this guide and plan the next birthday party like a pro!
Meetings don't have to be boring! Find top tips for holding effective meetings, why you should keep having them, and some insight from thought leaders in the industry.
Getting ready to shoot in a studio for the first time? Look through our photography tips for beginners and take your passion from being just a hobby to being a profession.
Why not celebrate the next milestone with something different? We come to you with 10 unusual ideas for a birthday photo shoot for adults. Strike a pose and have fun!
Ready to generate buzz around your product? Find out what to do before you launch your product, discover creative product launch event ideas and learn what mistakes to avoid.
Our guide to event space rental in Boston
Boston is one of the core cities in the northeastern region of the United States, which is well connected to other major metro areas such as New York and Philadelphia. It is a city of many faces: a large metropolis with a small-town feel, filled with diverse neighborhoods with plenty of character, lots of green spaces, and history and culture on every corner. But it's also a city that's always up for a good time, with an ever-expanding number of event spaces that cater to every type of gathering imaginable. And since Boston is such a major hub for technology and innovation, many conferences, workshops and business-related events also take place in the city.
Three things that set Boston apart:
Amazing cultural offerings
There are plenty of things going on in Boston. The art scene is vibrant and diverse, with museums, theaters, music venues, galleries, and street art all over the place. There are big institutions such as the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, the Wang Theatre or the Boston Opera House, but also a myriad of smaller venues that are ready and willing to open their doors for whatever event you have in mind! It doesn’t matter whether you’re an artist, performer or just someone who wants to enjoy some live music or throw a party in an unusual spot – with so much that Boston has to offer, you’ll quickly find a space that’s just right for you!
Great public transportation
You may have heard some unfavorable things about driving in Boston, and they are most likely all true. Unlike NYC, the streets in Boston don’t follow a regular pattern, which can make navigating your way through the city a challenge. On top of that, traffic here is a nightmare and finding a parking space can feel like mission impossible. Luckily, the city is known for its great public transportation system, so you can leave your car behind. There are buses, trains, trolleys and even water transport routes that connect Boston’s neighborhoods. If you’re expecting guests from other cities, Logan Airport is also easily accessible via public transit.
Diversity and awesome food
Each neighborhood in Boston has its own distinct vibe. From the cobblestone streets of Beacon Hill to the bustling streets of Downtown, everyone will find something that resonates with them. Maybe you enjoy the fast paced city life, maybe you’re looking for a peaceful and laid-back area, or maybe you want to join the hipster crowd in one of the city’s coolest corners. Boston has it all! And with diversity comes… amazing food! That’s right, it would be a crime not to mention this fact. From authentic Italian cuisine to terrific fresh seafood, Boston has anything and everything that your foodie heart could ever desire.
By now it’s clear that Boston is a fantastic location for your next event. Now, the question is: where in Boston?
Which Boston neighborhoods are the best for hosting events?
As you’re searching for the perfect event space, it may be helpful to narrow it down to a specific area. When choosing the location, it’s worth keeping in mind the logistics (how will your guests get there? Are there enough parking spaces/public transport connections? accommodation), as well as the general vibe of the selected neighborhood. Here’s our short guide to some of Boston’s most popular areas:
- Downtown – Once the center of colonial America, this historic area is now home to many of Boston's tallest skyscrapers, as well as some of its newest hotels such as Millennium Tower Hotel & Residences and Liberty Hotel. If you’re in town to do business, the Financial District is the place to be. Downtown also has plenty of museums including the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) and the Museum of Science that can make for pretty unique event venues. Faneuil Hall Marketplace is the area’s beating heart – besides being a retail heaven, it’s also a great place to catch a street performance or have a delightful dining experience. If you’re into Asian cuisine and late-night adventures, you must pay a visit to Chinatown.
- Beacon Hill – One of the city’s oldest and most affluent neighborhoods. With its cobblestone streets, red brick architecture and antique street lamps, this picturesque area will be perfect for anyone who wants to evoke a romantic mood for their event (an engagement party? Wedding reception? Maybe an anniversary dinner?) or just wants to feel as if they’re starring in one of the old movies.
- North End – If you’re hosting a dining event and you’re into Italian cuisine, do your palate a favor and check out the amazing restaurants in this area. This is where you’ll find some of the city’s finest eateries, many of them centered around Hanover Street, that will readily take you on a culinary journey to the old continent. Conveniently located near North Station and the T.
- South End – This up-and-coming neighborhood is known for its rich history and vibrant nightlife scene along Tremont Street near Mass Ave., which features live jazz shows every Friday night. The South End has long been known as an arts district, but it's also one of Boston's most diverse communities – with restaurants representing just about every cuisine imaginable.
- Back Bay – This historic neighborhood has a lot going on. It is home to many of Boston's top hotels, including The Ritz-Carlton and Boston Common Hotel, as well as some of Boston's most famous universities – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University. There are art galleries, lovely patio cafés, and great views overlooking Boston Common and the Public Garden. Dining in Back Bay is always a pleasure, among the area’s charming brick townhouses and tree-lined streets.
Want to dig even deeper? Have a look at these frequently asked questions:
How much does it cost to rent an event space in Boston?
The cost to rent an event space in Boston depends on a number of factors, such as the location, size and amenities. In general, you can expect to pay between $25 - $100 per person for a reception or dinner and $40 - $100 per hour for a meeting room.
Can I rent a waterfront venue in Boston?
Yes! In fact, many of the best outdoor venues in Boston are located right on the water. If you want to host an outdoor event with beautiful views, there’s no shortage of options in the area of Boston Harbor and the Seaport District. And if you fancy a beachfront venue for a romantic wedding or any other special occasion, there are plenty of picturesque beaches near Boston!
Can I bring my own food and beverages to the event space?
Some event spaces in Boston will only offer their own in-house catering, while others will let you bring your own food and drinks. If you want to use external catering, get a green light from the venue manager first. You can easily browse venues that offer this option by applying Tagvenue’s filters (make sure that the boxes next to “External catering allowed” and “BYO alcohol allowed” are checked).
Can I have a band play at my event space?
Yes, you can find event spaces in Boston that allow you to bring in your own band or DJ to play at your event. Select relevant filters while searching for venues on Tagvenue to display the spaces that meet these criteria. Also, note that noise ordinances may apply in some areas of Boston during certain times of day (for example, before 8am or after 11pm). Speak to the venue manager to ensure that your event is good to go.
Popular spaces for events of all types in Boston
Save some coins and throw the wedding of the year
Professional film studios for your upcoming project
Boston's top filming spots at your fingertips
Boston's finest function rooms in one place
Feast in one of these private dining spaces in Boston
Get hitched at your dream location!
The best wedding spots at your fingertips