About this space
Our Polycraft Challenger is powered by an 8HP Honda outboard motor that offers our customers with a unique soft ride. They flex to absorb the impact of the sea and works like car shock absorbers, not like your standard aluminium tinny.
When winds are above 15 knots, we can safely continue to operating made possible by our appropriate position in the harbour and river, different from hire companies that are exposed in rougher waters of the bay.
Non-licensed drivers can now fish in Hobsons Bay and Williamstown. Please note that non-licensed drivers can still hire our Bowriders but under restricted speed allowable to non-licensed holders.
The speed limit of 5 knots only between Docklands and Westgate bridge and the speed limit of 8 knots only between Westgate bridge and Williams town breakwater. A security bond of $250 is required prior to boarding and booking is non-refundable but can only be deferred to a later date.
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
•Cancellation due to bad weather at discretion of management
• Must not exceed maximum capacity of the boat
• Late fees of $60 per hour apply
• Drivers must be over 18
• Drivers who do not hold a boat license are not permitted to drive into the bay
• Must hold a marine license to fish in the bay or tow away
• Please observe the following social distancing restrictions:
- A family member who is "locked down" at home may hire a boat. However, they cannot bring friends or relations who do not share the same house. In case you're pulled over by the water police, you will need to prove that everyone on board have the same address
- Friends who wish to hire a boat cannot do so as the distance between guests don't meet the social distancing guidelines
• Boat hire boats are cleaned before and after use which includes hand controls and steering wheels, etc. The outdoors and the sun act as a sterilizing agent
• Fishing bait is available for guests as well as fishing rods