Meeting Spaces Rental Guide
Trust us when we say that the place where you’re hosting your meeting matters a lot! Your colleagues or business partners will definitely appreciate a well-equipped, comfortable space. What’s more, it will show your team members how much you care about them and it’s been known for a long time that any deal gets signed within seconds in an exquisite meeting room!
Remote work has become very popular in the last few years, which means that many companies don’t have actual office space anymore. That’s why it’s crucial to stand out as a business when holding an official meeting or a seminar! So, seize every opportunity! It doesn’t matter if you’re discussing details of a new project, or delivering a presentation or meeting for team-building activities - renting a great venue is crucial! What’s even better, you can rent out a different space every single time which gives you lots of flexibility, freedom and you don’t have to worry about getting into a rut.
But while work is one thing, time-off is another! We keep saying that life is all about balance: you work hard to then relax as much as possible. That’s why we suggest you include some activities for your team if you’re hosting a meeting in a new place. So when looking for a space to have your session in, consider entertainment options nearby, such as restaurants, bars, or landmarks worth seeing.
Are you, by any chance, wondering how do you go about planning a successful meeting? We’ve come up with some recommendations for your next meeting! Simply read through our short guide and there’ll be no questions or mysteries left when it comes to planning a corporate meeting!
Guide to the perfect meeting space:
- Budget. Let’s talk numbers first! Once you know how much you can spend, the rest will be a walk in the park! If you don’t have a set budget, you won’t know how much you can spend on individual things, such as the venue, equipment, catering, entertainment, etc. Are you planning to splurge on your event, don’t hold back! But if you’re an entrepreneur who is taking their first steps in the business world, we suggest you choose a budget-friendly option and save money for any future investments. An affordable venue doesn’t mean a shabby place in the middle of nowhere. It only implies that you’ll be renting the space for just a few hours instead of the full day and making sure any amenities available on-site are provided for free. You might also want to check out the venue’s special packages to save some money. No matter the size of your budget, you won’t have a hard time finding multiple reasonable meeting spaces in Houston. But make sure to include all aspects of the event when planning the accounts. For example, if you’re providing the accommodation and transportation for the attendees, that also has to be calculated. Online marketplaces can provide you with a quote upfront and no hidden extras, so try to use one of those when searching for the ideal meeting spot.
- Capacity. The last thing you’d want is your guests being crammed in a small space, isn’t that right? That’s why it’s crucial to know how many people will be attending your meeting! Once you know what’s on the agenda and how many participants there will be, start searching for the venue that’ll comfortably accommodate everyone. If you’re planning an intimate session with just the closest associates, you can choose a place somewhere Downtown. But for a meeting with board members, we suggest you have a look at the elegant and prestigious spaces dotted around Midtown.
- Layout of the space. Meetings are a great opportunity for networking and interactions. Internal meetings enable the strengthening of relationships within the organization, solve problems and brainstorm new ideas. During business meetings, on the other hand, you can discuss company objectives, come up with new concepts and solutions, as well as establish a stronger market reputation. Now you might be wondering why the layout of the meeting space is so important, so let us explain! People will be getting to know each other across the table and it’d help if they could see everyone without any problems. But the layout isn’t merely about the seating arrangement, it’s also about the overall set-up of the room. Don’t squish the attendees in a room that is way too small but also make sure not to leave too many seats empty. Elements like the right amount of people on both sides of the tables or in the whole venue can directly influence the overall feel of the room. It’d be fantastic if there were also windows. They not only bring natural light into the space but also create the idea that it’s much bigger. When you keep in mind those aspects, you can be sure your meeting will be a productive one!
- Location. The last thing you want to do is make your guests travel long, painful hours to attend your event. That’s why the location of a place you choose is crucial to the meeting’s success. In Houston, you can conveniently travel via METRO (the Metropolitan Transit Authority) which is regarded as one of the best and safest bus systems in the country. But keep in mind that not everyone will be using public transportation, so choose a venue that is accessible to also those participants that will be traveling by car or even flying in. To sum up: when deciding on a place, factors such as direct flights, bus stops and parking lots nearby, and the meeting time should all be taken into account.
- Purpose of the meeting. To ensure the best experience possible for each participant, it’s crucial that the meeting room you’ve chosen matches your session’s purpose. For example, if you’re organizing a board meeting or a tete-a-tete with the CEO, keep in mind that the space should be of a certain standard. In case of a brainstorming session with your team, make sure there is enough room for everyone to feel comfortable and that the space boosts creativity and productivity. Or when holding a session that half of the party will be joining remotely, consider only those venues that have all of the necessary equipment and a stable internet connection. It doesn’t really matter what kind of meeting you’re planning, you still need to make sure that the space fits your requirements as closely as possible.
- Technical amenities. Nowadays, pretty much every meeting requires a professional setup. So it doesn’t matter if you’re organizing a product launch, a conference or a brainstorming session with your team, the audio/visual equipment provided by the venue is critical. That’s why you have to make sure that the venue you choose has all of the necessary amenities for a successful event, and what’s more important, that it meets all of your needs. A good WiFi connection is a staple, as well as a whiteboard, multiple outlets and conference call facilities. If you’re throwing a conference and there are speakers invited, take care of teleprompters and microphones. After all, the last thing you would want is an impromptu tech failure. But it shouldn’t be too much of a worry for you when looking for the meeting space since most of them come with cutting-edge audiovisual equipment that is not only reliable but also simple to use.
- Catering options. It’s always a good idea to have some on-site catering, no matter the kind and size of your event. If the venue of your choice cannot assist you with delicious appetizers and snacks, how about renting a meeting space somewhere close to a highly rated restaurant where you can either host a lunch or dinner after your session. It’s probably no news to you that food can elevate your event from an average gathering to an amazing experience. Most people probably won’t remember what was said during a presentation, but they’ll remember the taste of food served during the event without a doubt. We also suggest you provide some breakfast snacks, as well as coffee and tea, for meetings taking place early in the morning. After all, you don’t want any growling stomachs to disturb your meeting, right? And in case you don’t want any additional stress, only search for venues that provide catering options!
You might already know what to keep in mind when booking a meeting room but what about the place itself? What would suit you and your guests best: a private function room or rather a small office in a co-working space? Or perhaps you have no clue where your meeting could be held? Don’t worry - we’ll help you with that as well! Just have a read and decide what kind of space will work for you the best!
What kind of meeting spaces can I find in Houston?
In Houston, you’ll have no problem finding a place that meets all of your needs and requirements. No matter the type of meeting you’re hosting, you’ll find the ideal space! And what could that be? Let’s find out!
- Boardrooms. You might already know that these are the spaces where, traditionally, a company’s board of directors meets. Boardrooms offer lots of privacy, high-quality gear and a fantastic setting. Houston is filled with great boardrooms, from ones accommodating up to 8 people to slightly bigger spaces fitting up to 20 participants.
- Meeting rooms. They are flexible spaces where all kinds of events can take place: be it a business meeting, a tete-a-tete with a client, a job interview, a brainstorming session or team-building activity. Usually, in a meeting room, you’ll be able to find basic furniture, a white board, a TV, and video call facilities. WiFi connection is another staple. Some meeting rooms also offer complimentary water, coffee, or tea in a separate breakout space, so in case your meeting runs long, the participants will have something that’ll bring back their energy.
- Conference rooms. If you’re organizing a big event and are on the lookout for somewhere professional with modern facilities and high-quality tech equipment, have a look at conference centers dotted around Houston. You’ll find quite a few corporate event venues in Northwest Houston, West Oaks and River Oaks.
- Private function rooms. Private function rooms can be found in all types of venues, for example, hotels, restaurants, or corporate centers, and they can serve multiple purposes! Whether you’re planning to discuss some business matters, need to brainstorm ideas for the newest project or have a job interview for a high position within the company, private function rooms are your place to go!
- Co-working spaces. If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, you can’t miss out on co-working spaces! Even though they might offer less privacy than other places mentioned in this list, they also have private and semi-private areas where you can host a meeting without worrying about others eavesdropping.
Do your meetings need a bit of refinement? We have just what you need to make them more engaging than ever before! Discover our corporate event ideas
, including groundbreaking ways of taking your business meetings from drab to fab, inspiring the attendees to participate, and getting the most out of your time.
FAQs about Meeting Spaces in Houston, TX
What additional equipment can I rent in a meeting room?
Most meeting spaces are equipped with furniture, such as chairs and tables, but that’s not all! In many of those places, you may also find other additional gear on rent or for free, such as whiteboards, projectors, and TVs. But remember to let the venue know in advance if you’ll be using any of the equipment available on-site so that they can arrange everything prior to the meeting.
How much does it cost to rent a meeting space in Houston?
You can rent a meeting space in Houston for $330 per day, but that’s not all! Many places charge hourly rates with prices varying from $10 to $100 per hour. If you’re looking for budget-friendly options, why not choose a place that offers special packages? In Houston, prices of those average around $80 per person. (Based on data from Tagvenue.)
How far in advance should I rent a meeting room in Houston?
You can never go wrong with planning in advance! Generally, meeting spaces can accommodate you at short notice and will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible. However, we suggest you rent a place that meets all of your requirements at least 8 weeks in advance. It will give you enough time to organize every detail and get rid of the stress on the actual day of the event.
Where in Houston can I find the best cheap meeting spaces?
Downtown is the largest business district in the whole city. We suggest you have a look around Houston Skyline District which is home to various multinational businesses and financial institutions. You will find plenty of affordable spots there that are ideal for your upcoming meeting.