It has become clear that the events, entertainment and venue hiring industries are facing an unprecedented challenge with the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the world.
We have been following the situation closely and are monitoring news updates from the World Health Organization and the local state health departments in the markets of our operations. The health and wellbeing of our employees, clients and partners are of our utmost priority.
We are taking a number of measures to support our community and help them mitigate the impact of Coronavirus:
- We are implementing a cancellation policy as an obligatory field in all venue profiles on our platform.
- We are actively requesting all venues to provide an updated cancellation policy on our platform.
- We have devised four different cancellation policy options to be selected on our platform: from Flexible to Standard 30 day, Standard 60 day and Customised – all providing a refund option dependent on the number of days remaining till the event (full descriptions of the cancellation options are included below).
- As an agile and digital business, we have always provided our employees with the freedom to work remotely and do encourage working from home in the current times as well.
We have not recorded a drop in venue booking demand yet – traffic on our platform has been stable year-to-date. Our corporate events business has seen limited impact so far, as most of our customers are looking for summer and Christmas party venues – so quite far in advance.
However, we do see events being postponed to autumn 2020 or Q1 next year. The average cancellation rate in the last 7 days has increased to 6.7% across all markets and to 6% in London vs. an average of 2.1% and 2.3% in the same period last year, respectively.
While the full impact and duration of the COVID-19 outbreak are unknown at this time, we believe the events and leisure industries will recover in the long run. We are committed to doing everything we can to support all of our stakeholders during this challenging time.
Should you wish to speak about your upcoming event or find out how you can update your cancellation policy on our platform, please feel free to reach out to our team on Contact us or write to us on email@example.com.
Media and other enquiries:
|Klavdia Badieva |
Tel: +44 7801 59 2013 / +7 903 5740280
Tel: +44 207 097 1262
Note to editors:
Cancellation policy options that we are intoducing for users on the Tagvenue platform:
- Full refund for cancellations submitted at least 7 days prior to the event.
- 50% refund for cancellations submitted less than 7 days but at least 24 hours prior to the event.
- No refund for cancellations submitted less than 24 hours prior to the event.
2. Standard 30 day:
- Full refund for cancellations submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
- 50% refund for cancellations submitted less than 30 days but at least 7 days prior to the event.
- No refund for cancellations submitted less than 7 days prior to the event.
3. Standard 60 day:
- Full refund for cancellations submitted at least 60 days prior to the event.
- 50% refund for cancellations submitted less than 60 days but at least 30 days prior to the event.
- No refund for cancellations submitted less than 30 days prior to the event.
- The venue may select days and refund percentage values specific to their case.
Tagvenue is one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplaces for venue hire with 8,000+ space listings in the United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore, Ireland and Canada.
Founded in 2015 in London, we help people find and book a perfect venue for any occasion imaginable. Tagvenue now covers 16 cities in five countries and has over 200,000 unique monthly visitors on its website.
Thanks to the smart venue search algorithm, users can find, enquire and book the best venues for their private and business needs: from wedding parties, birthdays and private dinings, to corporate events, conferences, workshops, and many more occasions. Tagvenue platform and its outstanding customer service makes the booking process easy and quick, without booking fees. All the venue hunting and booking process in possible to be completed online from the comfort of one’s home.