We know it can be difficult to keep up with all the COVID-19 related regulations, especially when it comes to what kinds of events can take place and how many guests are allowed. To help you better understand, we have prepared a summary to update you on the most current safety rules that apply to venues. Keep in mind that even though most venues will follow such guidelines, we would still recommend reaching out to the venue you intend to book to find out in detail how their capacity has changed.
Updated: 24 February 2021
General venue operation and event hosting guidelines
- Reduced capacity based on 2 sqm social distance rule
- Restaurants, cafés, food trucks and food courts, as well as pubs, clubs and club rooms, can open.
- COVID Safety Plan and Certificate required for all venues
- No limit on weddings, if more than 500 guests local government approval may be needed
- Large venues may have capacity restrictions