Restaurants with Private Rooms Hire Guide
If you’re wondering whether or not to hire a private room in a restaurant, we’re here to tell you it’s a great idea! Preparing everything by yourself is a strenuous task, so why not let the professionals do it while you relax in one of the beautiful and cosy spaces available on our site? Birthday parties, business meetings, or just casual get-togethers, all events are welcome in these restaurant venues in London!
London is known for its remarkable food scene, from local dishes to cuisines from all over the world and traditional meals to a completely new and modern approach to cooking, you can find just about anything here. Dietary requirements are usually not difficult to satisfy in this city, either. Whether you are looking for a restaurant serving halal or kosher dishes, a vegan lunch or a gluten-free pizza, we’re sure our selection of London’s best restaurants with private rooms has something just right for you! If you’re still wondering what our venues in the capital are serving, we’ve prepared a short guide:
- Seasonal menus - If you’re looking for something that’s fresh and innovative at the same time, you’re in the right place! Plenty of London restaurants serve dishes with seasonal ingredients. They are often locally sourced, so you’ll always find something new and exciting.
- Food from all over the world - Pan-Asian cuisine, innovative Indian dishes, or Brazilian street food? There’s plenty of London restaurants with private rooms that serve authentic and delicious meals from different countries, so you can go on a culinary journey around the globe!
- Sharing plates and charcuterie boards - If trying a bit of everything is your cup of tea, look for venues that have these items on their menus. It’s a great way to make your event a bit more laid-back and it aids interaction in the group, so we definitely recommend checking that out!
- Pub foods - Are you on the search for a true local experience? There’s an array of gastropubs and restaurants that serve typical pub meals scattered all over London, and just waiting to be booked for your next outing with friends or family.
- Unconventional dishes - Looking for deconstructed foods, molecular gastronomy, luxury meals, organic dishes? If we wanted to enumerate all the modern culinary trends, you’d be reading for ages! London is filled with remarkable and innovative chefs, so it’s the perfect city to look for a food experience that is out of this world!
Now that you know how good an idea it is to bring your next event to a restaurant room in the city and how huge the selection is, it's booking time! To make sure you have no doubts on how to hire a private room in a restaurant in London, we’re going to walk you through the process!
- Determine your budget. Even though you could take the first few steps in another order, we strongly recommend you to start by setting the budget. Knowing how much money you can spend will allow you to make more informed decisions, so make sure to know if you’re in search of a high-end experience or looking for more affordable options.
- Know your dates. The sooner, the better! While it’s not impossible to hire a venue on short notice, you’ll still want to start planning and enquiring in advance, as it will allow you to reduce stress and the chance of encountering any issues. Additionally, the best and most popular venues usually book out pretty quickly!
- Calculate the size. The guest list is essential! You wouldn’t want to end up without enough space for everyone or pay for an unnecessarily large venue, right? If you know how many people are coming to your event in advance, you can easily avoid such a faux pas. On our site, you can enter the number of guests to easily find venues of the right capacity.
- Choose the right location. Do you prefer a restaurant in the bustling city centre or somewhere calm and quiet on the outskirts? Is the proximity to public transport stations or beautiful landmarks of importance to you? You can zoom in and out on our map to narrow down the area in which you’re looking for a venue.
- Check the policies and facilities. Each restaurant will have its own rules, such as whether or not loud music is allowed and how long the alcohol licence is. The amenities available, such as projectors or on-site parking space might also be an important factor for some events. Once you’ve chosen your dream venue, make sure it has everything you need or, alternatively, use our smart filters during your search to narrow your selection down!
- Fill in the enquiry form. Finally, we’re at the last step. You will find a form for you on the venue’s page. All you need to do is enter all the details of your event and click the magic button. Just like that, you’ll be put in contact with the venue manager and start the hiring process. And don’t forget to keep all your conversations on Tagvenue to ensure your security. Happy booking!
FAQs about Restaurants with Private Rooms in London
How much does it cost to hire a private room in a restaurant in London?
The cost for hiring a restaurant with private rooms in London will vary greatly, depending on the kind of space you’re looking to book. Prices can range from as little as £25 per hour for a small private room up to £450 per hour for a larger space in a renowned restaurant. If you’re interested in booking the space for an entire day, expect to pay from £50 to £12000 per day. Another option is to hire a restaurant that offers minimum spend. If you’re planning a small gathering, you can find attractive private rooms starting at £25 minimum spend, and if you’re organising a huge event for several hundred people, expect the minimum spend to rise to even over £50000. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Which parts of London offer the best restaurants with private rooms?
Where should we begin?! The culinary map of London is packed with out-of-this-world restaurants, many of which offer private dining rooms for an even better and more intimate experience. Soho, Covent Garden and Clerkenwell continue to be the city’s most popular areas for eating out, with an especially high concentration of amazing dining spots for every taste and budget. Mayfair or Marylebone will be a good choice if you’re looking for something more high-end, while hip and artsy Shoreditch will spoil you with both casual eateries and Michelin-starred restaurants.
What are some of the best restaurants with private rooms in London?
Picking just a few in a city that offers so many is no mean feat, but we did our best! Here are our top three restaurants with private rooms in London:
- Tuttons Private Dining – Looking for a space for a business meeting, a birthday party or an intimate wedding reception? Tuttons boasts two extraordinary vaults with unique design and an unmatched atmosphere, perfect for any kind of event! Located on the Covent Garden Piazza and rated 4.6/5 by our customers.
- Brasserie Blanc Southbank – Located a short walk from Waterloo Station and the area’s most important attractions, this French-inspired restaurant with a range of private dining spaces will be the perfect fit for both small private parties and large-scale occasions such as weddings. Rated 4.9/5 by our customers.
- Near & Far Camden – Check out this quirky, atmospheric and one-of-a-kind restaurant if you’re looking for a truly unique private dining experience! The colourful interiors and unique design will take you from the streets of Camden straight to a tropical paradise in a blink of an eye. Book the vintage cocktail lounge or the heated terrace with palm trees and flamingos, and have a night to remember! Rated 4.9/5 by our customers.
Are there any large private restaurant rooms in London?
Of course! There are restaurants with big capacity private rooms available for hire in London, so if you’re planning an event with a long guest list, you’re sure to find something in the right size! Some of our favourites include:
- Large Private Dining Room at Brasserie Blanc Southbank - this beautifully designed space at this French restaurant can host an event for up to 68 people dining or 100 standing.
- M Den at M Threadneedle Street - this elegant private lounge is set at a restaurant that boasts the finest steak in London - are you willing to try and see for yourself? It can accommodate 80 people sitting or 100 standing.
- Function Suite at The Dickens Inn - this 18th century pub can fit up to 150 guests dining or 200 standing. It’s a perfect venue for a large event, private or corporate, in a picturesque setting!
- Ground Floor at The Fable - this fantasy-inspired bar and restaurant can host up to 220 seated or 300 standing guests for a dining experience out of the ordinary!