Are you looking forward to the baby shower, but aren’t really sure where to begin with all the planning? Tagvenue has ideas, advice, and inspiration crafted by our event experts to help you with your baby shower plans:
- It’s always a good idea to have a tea party – How about a shabby chic afternoon tea topped off with champagne or prosecco? Or cream tea in a Victorian tea room? This might be our favourite idea for a baby shower in Liverpool! Just remember to include some tasty non-alcoholic drinks for the mum-to-be. Arrange tasty canapes, fancy finger food and fresh fruit. When it comes to particular locations, it’s best to focus your search around James Street and Ropewalks.
- Celebrate the expected arrival of a little one with a delicious dinner – Every special occasion, especially the birth of a baby, is a good reason to celebrate with a feast. Liverpool is home to many restaurants with private dining rooms. The most renowned ones can be found near Hanover Street and in the Cavern Quarter. If a waterfront view is what you’re after, you’re going to find a couple of picturesque spaces in the Albert Dock.
- On a tight budget? You might want to hire a community hall – These venues are usually quite big and significantly cheaper than other spaces in Liverpool. If your budget is tight, but you’d really like to invite a lot of guests, hiring a community hall is probably the best option for you. This type of venue can be found all over Merseyside, from Southport to Birkenhead.
- Look for package deals – Some of Liverpool venues we’re listing offer special baby shower packages. These typically include catering, drinks, decorations, and entertainment options (such as craft workshops) as well. Going for this option is often a really good deal. It takes a lot of the planning duties away from you, too!
Now you have an idea for the venue in mind, but that's only the beginning! The next thing to figure out are the logistics of the baby shower. Below is our checklist so you won’t t miss any of the small details:
- How many guests? – Want to invite your five closest friends or the whole extended family? Choose a venue accordingly to make sure everyone can take a seat. Our search engine allows you to put in the number of guests sitting, which will help you avoid any mishaps.
- Adults only? – Does the mum-to-be want to enjoy her baby shower without little ones running around or does she want as much practice as she can get? If children are allowed, remember kids get bored really fast and need distracting, so set up a little kid's corner with toys and colouring books. The parents will thank you.
- What about decorations? – Want to stay small and simple or go all out? Both sound great to us! Get in touch with the venue manager and discuss your vision. They know what suits your chosen venue best!
- What about the food and drinks? – Cupcakes or mini-pizzas? Tea or champagne? Many Liverpool venues provide in-house catering services, but that’s not always the case. Always make sure to communicate your wishes to the venue manager.
- Want to commemorate the occasion? – The new mum will love looking back at this special event. Hire a photographer or ask a friend that is good with a camera to take photos and videos at the baby shower.
The cost of baby shower venues in Liverpool vary due to many factors, but the most common pricing model you will come across is minimum spend. This means you don't pay for the venue itself, but just commit to spending a certain amount of money on food and drinks. The range for a baby shower venue for hire in Liverpool is usually between £1000-£2000 per day. The venues closer to the city centre (especially those facing the docks) are typically more expensive than the ones in other areas of Merseyside.