Organising a baby shower? Get started on your planning today with Tagvenue’s smart filters. Whether you are looking to host a shower in an afternoon tea room in Leeds city centre or a relaxed gathering in a garden terrace along the riverfront, we can help you narrow down your search, so you can focus on the details. Not sure how to go about the booking process? No worries, we'll help you with it all! Scroll through our list of baby shower venues in Leeds and pick the perfect event space today!
1 of 22
Baby showers are a chance to get friends and family together to celebrate a new or incipient arrival. Just remember that the first and most important thing to bear in mind are the needs of the mother-to-be. Involve her in your planning if you can, and let her determine whether brunch, lunch, tea or dinner will suit her best. Many Birmingham venues offer baby shower packages, especially the larger chain hotels, which will include decorations, room hire and a selection of food and drink.
Restaurants are another great choice for baby showers, a sit-down lunch or afternoon tea can make this celebration a very elegant occasion. If you are in a more active crowd, consider hiring a party room - with some finger food and a cake, you will have the space for mingling and for some traditional baby shower games. Because of the needs of modern families, be prepared to accommodate some little ones among your guests, try to prepare for their presence with some small toys or child-friendly treats.
Whether you're the mom-to-be or the host, you should feel empowered to ask for what you need. If you're hosting, consider asking guests to contribute a certain amount to the bill. If you're attending, bring a gift in line with your budget but don't feel obligated to go overboard. And if you're somewhere in between—say, throwing a party at a venue that doesn't have any set price—you can always ask your friends to chip in by registering for gifts on their behalf. The point is that no matter who's footing the bill, it's always about making sure everyone has fun and feels comfortable celebrating with each other.
Well, it depends. But there are a few reasons you should be serving alcohol at your baby shower:
1) It's fun for everyone involved. There's no reason to restrict yourself to boring non-alcoholic drinks when you could have a few glasses of wine and maybe even a cocktail or two. Plus, it helps to make the event feel more festive and exciting. Of course keep in mind who can and can’t drink—having said that, make sure to have some non-alcoholic beer and wine!
2) It gives people an excuse to loosen up and have a good time. Serving alcohol gives people permission to let go and be themselves without worrying about how others will perceive them for it.
3) Unfortunately it’s just expected. So even if you can’t necessarily drink, you’ll always have someone who just wouldn’t mind having a glass or two. No harm will be done if your guests have a sip or two, just make sure no one goes over the top with their alcohol intake!
When you're invited to a baby shower, it's always fun to plan what you can bring to the party. Here are some ideas that are sure to be crowd-pleasers:
- A meal or dessert (you can make it yourself or buy something already made)
- Gift baskets (customised for the mom-to-be's tastes and interests.)
- A toy for the baby
- A book or two for the mom-to-be (maybe one on pregnancy and one on child care)
- Baby formula
- A onesie or other soft clothes that the baby can wear right after birth
Found an amazing venue within 10 minutes of looking! Really happy :)
I came across Tag Venue completely by accident and Sarah was unbelievably helpful in saving me valuable time and conducting the search on my behalf. I would not hesitate to use Tag Venue again.
It was really easy to find a wide range of potential locations, and I could contact many different venues with ease. Tagvenue allowed me to be very dynamic when organising my event. Would definitely use again!