About this space
Bangarra has moved back into their freshly renovated premises overlooking the water at Wharf 4/5 in Walsh Bay. Home to some of Sydney’s most renowned performing arts organisations, the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct boasts state-of-the-art facilities with spectacular views of the harbour and beyond, making it one of the most sought-after locations in NSW. With a commercial kitchen onsite, all venue bookings can be paired with a selection of food and beverage options from four of Sydney’s top catering companies.
(Dancing on Water) a light-flooded function space with high ceilings, a raw timber finish and doors opening out onto the wharf with spectacular water views of the Harbour Bridge
Standard 30 day
Cancellations 30 days in advance will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 30 days to 7 days in advance will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 7 days are non-refundable.
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
As a heritage listed building of great historical and cultural importance, there are several key considerations when hosting your event at Bangarra Dance Theatre. Please ensure your event team and guests are aware of the following;
• There is no smoking permitted anywhere on the wharf
• Decibel limit is 87 inside, 65 outside. This will be monitored by your Event Manager
• There is no open flame permitted on the wharf
• No BYO F&B permitted without prior arrangement with the venue team
• No late bump-out permitted without prior arrangement with the venue team
• Glass doors are to be closed at 10:00pm and latest bump-out by 11:30pm
• No rice, confetti, or equivalent small particles is permitted to be thrown
• No alcohol is permitted outside of the venue other than the designated areas on the wharf
• Nothing may be taped, tacked, or rigged to the walls or flooring of the venue. Any décor must be free-standing