Terrace Venues Hire Guide
Whether you’re dreaming of a laid-back BBQ with mates, an outdoor lunch that becomes an al fresco supper, or classy cocktails in the clouds, we can recommend something that suits. So what are you waiting for? Our fave terrace venues to dine, drink and dance in will guarantee you’re soaking up the sun – and London’s best views – in no time.
FAQs about Terrace Venues in London
How much does it cost to hire a terrace venue in London?
The average cost of hiring a terrace venue in London is between £1,500-£3,500 per session. The price varies depending on the size and location of the venue. If you are looking for a spacious terrace venue in the City, expect to pay from £5,000 to even £30,000 per session. If you are looking for a small terrace in the suburbs, like Putney or Richmond, you can expect to pay around £500-1,000+ per session. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Where can I find some of the best terrace venues in London?
- Clerkenwell is home to lots of stylish venues that come equipped with chic terraces that are perfect for hosting outdoor events. The area also has plenty of beautiful old buildings and cobbled streets, which will create elegant backdrops for your special day. It's also a great place to find traditional English pubs, which are often decorated with old wooden furniture and cosy terraces ideal for summer events.
- Battersea is a beautiful district with plenty of restaurants that offer gorgeous outdoor spaces with stunning views of London's skyline and terraces that overlook the Thames. Battersea is also home to some of London's best parks, which are perfect for hosting a summer wedding. With plenty of green space and trees, this area creates a beautiful setting for hosting your event in a terrace venue.
- Hampstead is home to some of the best summer terrace venues in London. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes with outdoor seating areas that overlook Hampstead Heath, one of London's most popular parks. This area is also home to some beautiful Victorian houses with lovely gardens and lots of trees. You can find venues with terraces overlooking this picturesque landscape, which makes for a truly charming setting.
What are some of the best terrace venues in London?
- The Terrace at Near & Far Camden. If you’re planning a wedding, birthday party, or corporate event and looking for the best possible venue that combines both outdoor and indoor spaces—one where guests never get wet or cold even if there is bad weather outside—you've found the perfect location. The venue is situated right by the canal and features 360-degree views of the city. You can observe all the hustle and bustle while enjoying a warm drink in this cosy venue, which can host up to 33 guests for a sit-down dinner or 35 guests for mixed standing and seating receptions with drinks and nibbles. The terrace has windows all around and a roof, for shelter in case of bad weather, so your event will always be protected from Mother Nature's wrath.
- Terrace at Terra Terra. Forget what you thought you knew about terraces. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of North London, you can have your own little slice of heaven without getting tangled in the noise of the city. This is a beautiful outdoor space, designed to be as intimate as possible, and can seat up to 55 guests and 70 people for a standing reception. It has heaters for when it gets chilly out there, so you can make sure your guests are comfortable whether they're seated or standing. Plus, the retractable roof means that when the sun comes out again, your guests have plenty of room to relax outdoors without missing out on any of the action.
- AMP Studios. If you're looking for a venue in London, but feel like you’re stuck with the same old options, we have just the place for you. This spacious blank canvas venue, with a capacity of 250 people standing and 96 seated, is a perfect option if you want to decide your own food and drink, set up a bar if you wish, and decorate the whole venue to match your personal style. The venue is licensed for wedding ceremonies, music, alcohol, performance, films and dancing until midnight. Located just off Old Kent Road, in two railway arches with a generous, uniquely designed pavilion and courtyard space, this venue is perfect for any type of event.