About this space
The Secret Room is our private dining room hidden away from public view. The door disguised as a painting of our beloved Hettie G. Watson opens into a beautifully spacious and florally decorated private bar with standing space for up to 40 guests. We also have the option for private dining at a maximum of 30 guests. (3 tables of 10).
Along with the exclusive use of room, you would have your own private bar and a bar tender who will look after you making drinks and talking you through the menu. The bar is predominantly a cocktail bar but we do serve a selection of wines and spirits aswell as bottled lager and ciders.
Event offers and packages
Christmas Party Offers
Please kindly note the minimum spend might vary depending on the date you're looking for.
- Roasted butternut squash & sage soup [vgn]
- Warm beetroot & red onion tart [v]
- Oak smoked salmon
- Duck liver paté
- Roast breast of turkey
- Roasted rump of beef
- Pan-fried sea bass
- Pumpkin, roasted butternut squash & sage ravioli [vgn]
- Black forest panna cotta [v]
- Chocolate & praline torte [vgn]
- Burnt basque cheesecake [v]
- Warm Christmas pudding [v]
Buffet includes selection of:
- Sprout Caesar salad [vgn]
- Garlic roast potatoes [v]
- Crispy sage & onion houmous [v]
- Warm beetroot & red onion tart [v]
- Hand-stretched garlic bread [v]
- Roasted pigs in blankets
- Brie and cranberry mac & cheese [vgn]
- Roasted pork & apricot stuffing balls
- Mini cheeseburger sliders
- Mini chocolate brownies
Receptions upon arrival:
- Prosecco £8.5 per person
- Champagne £17.25 per person
Drinks vouchers (£5 each)
- Includes: pint of Amstel, 175ml House Wine (Red, White, Rosé), 125ml Prosecco, Single House Spirit (Vodka, Gin, Rum or Whisky) & Mixer, Soft Drinks
- 10x Peroni Nastro Azzurro £47
- 10x Asahi Super Dry £47
- 10x Old Mount Cider £50
- 10x Heineken 0,0 £41
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
- No smoking or vaping in the building
- No under 18s allowed past 8pm
- Challenge 25
- No tracksuits
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings will not be confirmed until we have received your card verification or deposit for the agreed amount.
- Minimum spends apply to exclusive use bookings, should you not meet the minimum spend that was agreed when submitting your card verification, the remaining balance will be charged as a room hire cost.
-We understand that numbers of guests may need to increase, and will accommodate where possible. However, due to demand we may not always be able to fit any extra guests in, so please be as accurate as possible when booking.
-We will require a pre-order for your food 7 days in advance of your booking with us. Any changes of the pre-order are not permitted within 48 hours of the booking. Any food pre-ordered and not cancelled within 24 hours of your reservation will be charged for.
-Your full card verification amount will be claimed if the booking is cancelled within 7 days prior to your reservation date. The full balance of the food will be charged for if the full reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the reservation.
-If you only have the area until a specified time we will require the area to be vacated no later than 15 minutes after this time.
- Any outstanding payment on your bill must be paid at the time of your booking with us, we cannot invoice the amount to you.
- If your numbers alter dramatically, then your booking may be moved to a more suitable location that what was originally agreed.
- Children are welcome until 8pm. From 8pm all members of your party must be 18 years or above. Proof of age will be required with an acceptable form of ID (Passport or driving license) without this entry will be refused.
- Decorations are allowed, however we DO NOT permit the use of table confetti. We also do not allow fancy dress.
- Your card verified amount will be claimed should your party arrive late by more than 30 minutes.
Cancellation policy: Flexible
Cancellations 7 days in advance will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 7 days to 24 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 24 hours are non-refundable.
Event date of a confirmed booking can be changed to another date within 1 months from the original date, at no cost.
Reviews and ratings
(51 reviews and ratings - )
Great location, great building, good cleanliness, and good value for money for room hire cost. The food was very good, the staff we dealt with were polite and helpful at all times. Is overall a lovely venue and has helpful staff.
The service was slower than I expected, especially the food service times. We ended up waiting over an hour for the morning pastries, as I hadn't been aware that the kitchen opens at 10 and the ovens would not be switched on until then, this meant late pastries at 10.45 and then lunch felt a little too early at 12.30. The coffee and tea was not replenished as often as I would have liked either. Now that I know what the food service times are I will be sure to plan any future sessions with that in mind.
Space, layout, size and decor of room was perfect for a group of up to 25 persons. The Buffet food was hot and delicious and guests loved the variety and taste and was good value. Dedicated bar-tender was a definite plus point and guests were able to get the drinks they wanted and without too much delay. Perfect venue for a private function and location was excellent too. Loved the novelty of the Secret Room and importantly hidden away with no gatecrashers. The Bar-tender and Daisy get a special mention as they were brilliant on the night and catered for almost all our needs and quick tidy up and keeping us informed throughout the evening of timings and delays to manage situations. Overall, no huge hitches!
The music was not to our taste, would have preferred private DJ to play our own music or at least able to play our own CD mixes for our private event. Would have been nice to have a cake stand and cake knife provided by venue for special celebrations. More seats would have been nice, I think 6-8 seats were not enough for a group of up to 24 people.
Staff were very helpful and accommodating. The room itself was even nicer than it looked in the pictures.
The food was slightly overpriced.
Fantastic welcome and service! Very kind and friendly staff! Delicious buffet spread! Great overall athmosphere! We hired the Mezzanine area for our work Christmas Party and had an absolutely brilliant time! Would throughly recommend!
Can't think of any!