Not sure what to consider before choosing a 50th birthday party venue in Melbourne? Here are some of our favourite tips to start with:
- 50th birthday ideas – The most crucial part of organising your party is making sure your 50th birthday party celebration ideas work in the type of venue you’re looking for. Check the description and room features to find out everything a venue has to offer.
- The age range of your guests – Is it an exclusive party for adults or will there also be grandchildren? It’s good to consider this because you might want to choose a venue where there’s enough room for children to play.
- Catering – Birthday parties often mean feasting with your mates and family, so it’s important to decide between in-house or external catering. If you want to bring your own drinks, make sure that the venue allows it.
- Widen your options – Some 50th birthday venues in Melbourne are quite popular, so you have the chance that it’s already booked by someone else on your birthday. That’s why it’s important to consider multiple venues and dates to ensure that you won’t have to improvise a last-minute birthday party.
Yes, this might be one of the most memorable moments of your life, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend all your money. There are plenty of inexpensive birthday party venues in Melbourne you can choose from, as long as you know where to look. Below are the price ranges for 50th birthday party venues in Melbourne:
- Hire fee – For modest birthday venues, you’re looking at $30 per hour (up to 58 guests) to $1,350 per day (up to 80 guests). The hire fee pricing model is the least common in Melbourne.
- Minimum spend – Starting at only $1 a day (for 50 guests) you will have paid for the venue after everyone gets their first drinks. However, there are also venues that require you to spend at least $30,000 per session (for 60 guests this is $500 per person).
- 50th birthday packages in Melbourne – It is possible to pay per person for a package that can include drinks, food, entertainment and more. Prices start at $21 (up to 100 guests) and go up to $80 per session (up to 70 guests).
Still have some questions on your mind? We answered some of the most frequently asked ones.
50th Birthday Venues in Melbourne FAQ
Where can I find unique 50th birthday venues?
You can find unique birthday venues in Frankston and St Kilda since some venues there offer sleeping accommodations, VIP events and extensive vegan menus. These locations are perfect for hosting out of town guests, bar nights and dinners in elegant venues.
What are some great 50th birthday party themes?
- 50's themed party: This is one of the best ways to throw yourself a great party! You can get dressed up like a dancer from the 1950s or an Elvis Presley impersonator and have your guests do the same. Or, if you want something more casual, make sure everyone dresses in their best vintage clothing. If you're having trouble finding vintage clothing at stores, go online—tons of sites sell vintage items including dresses, shoes and accessories. If you want to go all out with this theme, hire someone who specializes in 1950s-style hair and makeup, so everyone has perfect retro hair and makeup when they arrive at your event.
- A murder mystery party: It’s a fun way to celebrate your 50th birthday and make it extra memorable. You need to make sure that you have enough suspects and motives for the murder, so your guests can get in on the fun—you can even make up some of your own characters or scenarios if needed. Here’s a cool list of murder mystery games you can play!
What are some great 50th birthday cake ideas?
- A disco ball cake is sure to be a hit at any party! It's made with chocolate icing, the base is covered in white icing and sprinkled with gold glitter, and it can have colourful disco balls hanging from the sides.
- If you're having a more formal affair, try a black-tie cake. This elegant confection features white frosting decorated with black piping and topped with edible flowers.
- For something more casual but still delicious-looking, try a tiered birthday cake in shades of blue or red (or both!). It would fit perfectly at any party setting where you want something extra special—like one for your 50th birthday!