Here are our favourite tips on what to consider before choosing a private dining room with a view of London:
- The type of view. Lush green scenery behind the window or a 360-degree panorama of London’s most iconic buildings – what kind of view would make the best fit for your private dinner? Choose the mood or the main theme of your feast and keep it in mind while choosing the right location.
- The layout. The private dining room of your choice may have a stunning view, but don’t forget to make sure it also has enough space for all your guests. What’s more, if the view is one of the highlights, it’s good to arrange a seating layout that will allow all diners to enjoy it!
- Specific dietary needs. Even the most beautiful vista won’t save the day if the menu is not suitable. Is there someone in the group that has to eat gluten-free? If so, you need to make sure that your private dining room covers these specific needs. The same goes for vegan, halal, kosher and other dietary requirements. Most venues in London are happy to cater to these requirements.
- Accessibility. Keep in mind that many private dining rooms with views of the London skyline are located in high-rise buildings. If any of the guests you’re expecting have reduced mobility, make sure the venue is accessible and that they won’t have any trouble reaching the dining room.
How much does it cost to hire a private dining room with a view in London? We can tell you:
- Hire fee. Splitting the hire fee is an easy way to ensure everyone pays the same amount and figure out if you get bang for your buck. Starting at £360 per morning (up to 35 guests) to £12,000 per day (up to 260 guests), the price per person is between £10.29 and £46.15. If the room comes together with a gorgeous view, the hire fees usually get higher, but don’t stress about it – we know how to spot the best deals.
- Minimum spend. Do you prefer to only pay for the drinks and food at the bar instead of paying a specific fee? If so, then the minimum spend route is for you! When you spend at least £500 (for small dining rooms up to 18 guests) to £10,500 per session (up to 260 guests), you get the venue for free. On average, this will cost you £27.78 to £40.38 per person. It is worth noting that minimum spend rates tend to get higher during peak times. In the case of dining rooms with a view, peak time usually means the so-called “golden hour” when you can enjoy the sunset.
- Price per person. For a free-for-all type of feast, you’re going to pay anything from £35 (up to 60 guests) to £132 per person (up to 60 guests). Depending on how many people will join the dinner, the minimum spend option can be a lot cheaper, so do the math. (All data from Tagvenue.)
Take a look at the most popular locations for private dining with a view in London:
- Central London. As you might have already expected, most of the taller buildings that provide private dining rooms with a view in London are located in the centre of the city. The benefit of eating in a sky-high private dining room is that you won’t be disturbed by the chaos that goes on in the city. You’ll undoubtedly enjoy stunning views of London while dining in Central London.
- River Thames. Along the River Thames, you can find the best private dining spots with a view of London. Away from the chaos of the city centre, you can enjoy the stunning views of London’s Tower Bridge even more (especially at night). Add a little background music and you’ve got yourself a cosy ambience.
Private Dining With A View in London FAQ
What occasions are great for hiring a venue for private dining with a view in London?
Private dining with a view of London is an excellent option for any occasion where you want to add a bit of class. So if you're looking for a space to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or another special occasion, then private dining with a view of London is a perfect choice. Also, if you want to impress clients during a corporate event and make them feel like they're important to your company, then this type of venue will give them just that feeling.
Can I hire an outside caterer when hiring a venue for private dining with a view in London?
When you book a private dining space, most of the time you are not only booking a stunning, luminous space with unparalleled views of London, you are also hiring the outstanding in-house catering service the venue provides, also with a team of experienced professionals who take pride in their ability to create events that exceed their clients’ expectations. With that said, most private dining venues don't allow outside catering. But don't stress—most of the dining venues are always ready to create a unique dining experience from scratch, from menu planning to choosing wines and other beverages that are perfectly paired with your meals. However, if hiring an outside catering vendor is crucial to your plans, try avoiding restaurants and check the venue's policy of rooftop venues instead.
What are some of the best venues for private dining with a view in London?
- Princess Room at The Princess of Wales. Located in the heart of Primrose Hill, this private dining room offers a jewel-like setting, with plenty of natural light and views of the London skyline. With a well-known caterer providing bespoke hospitality, this visit will be a memorable experience for you and your guests.
- Mezzanine Hire at The Hydrant. If you're looking for a space that's both unique and versatile, then look no further. With an American diner-inspired menu, a private bar and views of the Monument to the Great Fire of London, this space has everything you need to host your most important events.
- Private Dining Room at Duck and Waffle. Situated adjacent to the main restaurant and bar, the space features floor-to-ceiling windows that offer unparalleled views of London’s skyline in the highest private dining room in the country. The restaurant offers private dining rooms for corporate meetings and events, as well as personal celebrations – whatever you have in mind, Duck & Waffle has got you covered!