To help you with your decision, we have a few tips for you to consider, like what costs to expect and what the most popular wedding ceremony locations are in Sydney. Find out below!
- Decor – While most venues have their typical decoration, you might want it different for your wedding. Ask beforehand if they have a variety of decorations available for weddings or if you should bring your own.
- After the ceremony – Do you want to have the reception in the same place as the ceremony or do you want to do this at another location? In case you want to have the reception at the same place, you should look into additional features you might need, such as an alcohol licence, catering, audiovisual equipment and Wi-Fi.
- Pick your date wisely – Wedding ceremony venues in Sydney are more expensive in March and November than in June or July. Cutting costs on the season, date (try weekdays) and time is simple, but it also depends on your budget and guests.
Australia is the second most expensive place to get married. If you are on a strict budget you might want to choose a place that’s on the lower end of the price range:
- Hire fee – depending on your budget, you can get a place on a weekday for $250 for 8 hours and up to 80 guests. The other side of the price range for this kind of pricing is a place for $3,400 per hour (for up to 400 guests).
- Minimum spend – Venues with this kind of pricing start at $1,500 a day and go up to $14,000 per evening, both for up to 150 guests (which comes down to an average of $10 - $93 per person).
- Price per guest – From $25 a day (up to 120 guests) to $130 per session (up to $350 guests), you only pay the price for people who decided to come and share this incredible moment with you.
What are the most popular locations for wedding ceremonies in Sydney? Here are some of our favourite ones:
- Pyrmont – With a couple of the best wedding ceremony venues of Sydney, Pyrmont is a wonderful place where you can enjoy the shore life. It used to quite neglected, but after 1990 it went under a renovation and turned into the most densely populated suburb of Australia.
- Barangaroo – While it’s still in development, Barangaroo contains a charming landmark waterfront (Barangaroo Reserve) where you can enjoy the fresh breeze of the sea. If you’re looking for a wedding ceremony with a view on the Sydney Harbour, this is the right spot.
- The Rocks – Another place that you can also find at the shore is The Rocks, a historical area full of culture, food, and markets. Why not explore a beautiful district before or after the wedding ceremony?