Monro Room at House of St Barnabas
About this space
It was in 1846 that Dr Henry Monro, a young physician and lawyer, first established the ‘House of Charity’. The inviting warmth and gently spotlit art in our stylish Monro Room make this corner of our club the perfect space for intimate soirées.
The Monro Room is also available to hire in conjunction with the Garden Room for larger standing functions.
50 guests standing
Catering and drinks
Music & sound equipment
Rules of the space
Guests under 18 are not allowed
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the building
- Events in some spaces (e.g. the Chapel) may be subject to additional screening by the building custodians
- Private Hire bookings do not include use of the Club, Garden or Chapel outside of the space booked
- No smoking or vaping inside the buidling
- We are Grade 1 listed, and have some very specific restrictions on decorations inside and outside the building
Cancellation policy: Standard 30 day with Grace Period
Cancellations within 24 hours after booking confirmation will receive a full refund. This excludes events starting within 48 hours.
Cancellations 30 days in advance will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 30 days to 7 days in advance will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations for events starting within 7 days are non-refundable.
About House of St Barnabas
OUR CLUB OFFERS INSPIRATIONAL AND UNIQUE ROOMS FOR PRIVATE HIRE IN THE HEART OF SOHO
We have a range of beautiful historic rooms that are available for your parties, corporate events, celebrations and dinners.
100% of the surplus venue hire fee goes directly towards supporting the Employment Academy within our private members’ club and helps us on our mission to break the cycle of homelessness.
From meetings to drinks receptions to exclusive venue takeovers, we would love to help create your perfect event. All of our spaces are also available upon request for photography and filming.
Contact our dedicated planning team to put together an exquisite occasion with ease.