First Floor at Blacks Club
About this space
The home of Blacks is a wonderful Georgian townhouse located at 67 Dean Street. Built in 1732 by
John Meard Jnr. The apprentice to the highly acclaimed English architect Sir Christopher Wren, it
was also once home to Charles Fortnum of Fortnum & Mason.
The Club was formed in 1764 when Samuel Johnson, David Garrick and Joshua Reynolds formed a
supper club where they would meet and discuss the issues of the day with food and wine. Nearly
300 years later in 1992, Blacks Club was founded by Tom Bantock, a famous Norfolk poacher.
First Floor Dining room, Gin room, Boudoir
Capacity: 55 Drinks and canapés, 12-36 sit down meal, 25 theatre-style presentation